E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #61
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwlaznkid View Post
car looks good man, love what you've done so far, all the right mods, glad to see some people with some taste still on here
Thanks man, I appreciate the words

I am a little undecided with my wheel selection. I am debating between (In no particular order)

1) Refinishing my ACS Type IIIs
2) Apex Arc-8
3) BBS CH / CH-R

Also, am I crazy to throw my amber corners back on?!
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers - patiently waiting delivery
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD

Last edited by jdny516; 06-11-2013 at 07:10 PM.
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #62
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate the words

I am a little undecided with my wheel selection. I am debating between (In no particular order)

1) Refinishing my ACS Type IIIs
2) Apex Arc-8
3) BBS CH / CH-R

Also, am I crazy to throw my amber corners back on?!
Go with the Apex Arc-8's! They are one of my favorite wheels! I was planning on getting some this summer... but got another surprise instead! Check my build tomorrow haha
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #63
Irish Rice

My Ride: 2000 328i
It's coming along great! My one suggestion would be to black out the chrome window trim if you like that look.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #64
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
As a 323i owner, I am so incredibly pumped to see people still with huge vested interest in our little ladies.

I also know the feeling of growing too complacent and thinking to just switch the style up completely, (as in throwing your ambers back on) I would say give it a try if you like, but I definitely think the look of the current sides and corners look much better in the long run. LED tails will suit your coupe much better than my sedan ever could pull off, so I'd give you a on those! Cannot wait to see this wheel mounted, and your new wheels. I would put BBS CH's last on your list, Idk, something about them for me just doesn't do an E46 right and I can't figure out why. Amazing car so far though Jon!!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #65
jdny516

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Go with the Apex Arc-8's! They are one of my favorite wheels! I was planning on getting some this summer... but got another surprise instead! Check my build tomorrow haha
I think I have decided on the Arc-8's Matt! Just waiting to collect the last of my wheel funds. I'll be selling the ACS Type IIIs right after installation of the new wheels. I'll be sure to check your thread out today/tomorrow Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rice View Post
It's coming along great! My one suggestion would be to black out the chrome window trim if you like that look.
I actually have shadowline tape for the trim, its been sitting in a box for about 2-3 years LOL. I tried putting it on once and it was just too hard, so I just forgot about it. I wouldn't mind sourcing some ZHP black gloss coupe trim though

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
As a 323i owner, I am so incredibly pumped to see people still with huge vested interest in our little ladies.

I also know the feeling of growing too complacent and thinking to just switch the style up completely, (as in throwing your ambers back on) I would say give it a try if you like, but I definitely think the look of the current sides and corners look much better in the long run. LED tails will suit your coupe much better than my sedan ever could pull off, so I'd give you a on those! Cannot wait to see this wheel mounted, and your new wheels. I would put BBS CH's last on your list, Idk, something about them for me just doesn't do an E46 right and I can't figure out why. Amazing car so far though Jon!!
haha, well this lady treats me well so I got to take care of her.

Well reason I want to put the ambers back on is because I saw another TiAg with them on and it looked good (IMO), I also saw amber LED? tail lights on another e46 coming home from work yesterday. Looked OEM, just never knew they made amber LEDs.
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #66
jdny516

It's in the works

Pulled the trigger on a set of Apex Arc-8 Wheels. 17x9 all around in hyper silver only weighing ~17lbs! They'll be wrapped in Conti DWS 245/40/17 all around. Put my deposit down yesterday with the guys over @ RRT Racing. They'll be sourcing the wheels and tires for me as well as giving my car the full RRT treatment they give all their customers. Car goes in Sunday night (or Monday afternoon). Should have new kicks by the end of next week

Also, just won an Eisenmann Sound Pipe (section 2 - resonator delete) on eBay. Brand new it costs $235, guy on eBay listed it at $99.99 or make an offer. Eisenmann part# B5007.00000 if anyone cares.
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Last edited by jdny516; 07-16-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #67
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Pulled the trigger on a set of Apex Arc-8 Wheels. 17x9 all around in hyper silver only weighing ~17lbs! They'll be wrapped in Conti DWS 245/40/17 all around. Put my deposit down yesterday with the guys over @ RRT Racing. They'll be sourcing the wheels and tires for me as well as giving my car the full RRT treatment they give all their customers. Car goes in Sunday night (or Monday afternoon). Should have new kicks by the end of next week

Also, just won an Eisenmann Sound Pipe (section 2 - resonator delete) on eBay. Brand new it costs $235, guy on eBay listed it at $99.99 or make an offer. So, I offered $50 and he took it, LOL. Brand new! Eisenmann part# B5007.00000 if anyone cares.
Can't wait to see the new wheels!! It'll look great and they're so light Good job ont he eisenman section 2. Can't wait to hear how it sounds! Car is coming along nice.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #68
jdny516

Thanks Matt you need to get some Arc 8 for your 135!
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #69
TallSkinnyMatt

Quote:
Thanks Matt you need to get some Arc 8 for your 135!
Haha i'm still deciding what wheels I want on it. I do love the stock wheels so they'll probably be on for a while. Can't wait to see your car all finished!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
jdny516

Quote:
Haha i'm still deciding what wheels I want on it. I do love the stock wheels so they'll probably be on for a while. Can't wait to see your car all finished!
C'mon Matt we all know it never stops!

Cars still @ RRT, the wait is killing me. While its getting fitted with some new shoes, I decided to have them perform some routine maintenance I was supposed to take care of.
- Spark plugs needed to be replaced since its been 40k
- VCG, as preventive maintenace while they were doing the plugs.
- Steering wheel swap (finally!), its been sitting in my closest for weeks
- New Temp sensor since mine was ripped out on a parking curb

Been driving my X3 M-Sport to work for the time being. I dont think I ever showed pictures of it, so here it is:

Also, since ill be taking off the ACS Type IIIs for the Arc-8. I was wondering how they would look on the X3. Picture attached. Color is the same, but the wheels are the standard version versus race. Maybe I should put them on the X3???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	acschnitzer_bmw_e83_x3_10.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	513008  
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Last edited by jdny516; 06-25-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #71
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Yes you should!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #72
jdny516

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
Yes you should!
Contemplating!

Update*

Picking up the car today after work. Will update with a bunch of photos. Weather is supposed to be iffy the rest of the weekend, but I'm sure i'll be able to get a decent car wash in.
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #73
jdny516

Sorry for the double post but I got my car this afternoon! The weather has been terrible, thunderstorms all day, so excuse the photos. I was took excited to wait until the weather clears. Fellas @ RRT did an amazing job, props to them. Customer service was excellent, and labor was of course superb.

Before work was done (Sunday night just before dawn):

Steering wheel installed, excuse the filth and boxes. I had to put stuff in the passenger seat to accommodate the ACS wheels in the back seat and trunk:

A few photos, again sorry the car is very dirty, and the pictures were literally in between thunderstorms.

2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #74
TallSkinnyMatt

Looks awesome!!! How do the new wheels feel on the road? Super light! Have you thought about spacers for the rear?

Last edited by TallSkinnyMatt; 06-28-2013 at 10:38 PM.
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #75
THECLEANERBEAMER
MR.CLEAN ;)

My Ride: 2002 325i
Car looks great! But should have got them with a lil but more concave all around
Old 06-29-2013, 12:47 AM   #76
s2kjpark

My Ride: s2000, e46 325i
wutta transformation for that rear end. i love m tech II bumpers
Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #77
jdny516

Quote:
Looks awesome!!! How do the new wheels feel on the road? Super light! Have you thought about spacers for the rear?
Thanks Matt. Wheels feel amazing, especially the tires. The 17s ride a lot better than the 18s in my opinion. And those Kuhmo LE Sport tires were poop, super loud on the road and a bit of a harsh ride. Conti DWS are perfect, best tires I've purchased so far.

Yes, I plan on doing spacers in the future. But for now I am actually quite please with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Car looks great! But should have got them with a lil but more concave all around
Thanks, I actually like the look of the wheels. Didn't even know you could get more concave arc-8 without a special order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kjpark View Post
wutta transformation for that rear end. i love m tech II bumpers
Thanks for the words man mtech2 is definitely the way to go.

I'll be taking some better pictures soon, but the weather has been so shot here this whole week. Supposed to get heavy thunderstorms tomorrow as well. I might be able to get a few more in today before it comes down. First couple pictures don't do the wheels justice.
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Last edited by jdny516; 06-29-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #78
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
dont be pleased...you need spacers right now on both front and rears......LOL looking sweet, enjoy
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #79
AndrewCross

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
your car looks fantastic man
Old 06-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #80
cak323i

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Jon, like others have said so far adding spacers will put a new look to your ride. lookin' great so far! Thanks for texting me pics earlier!
2004 TiAg ///M l BC Racing BR Coilovers l Navigation | BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | OEM black interior retrofit | Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote