E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
e46yayo

My Ride: 02 330xi
PLEASE HELP !!! e46 electrical problems !!!

PLEASE HELP!! e46 electrical problems!!

So I have more than a few electrical problems I need help with. my mechanic says he cant do anything and last thing id want to do is go to the dealer so this is my only option till something worst happens

1. Starting issues ( when I start it up I always keep it on position 2 until the beeping goes off or close and one day it didnt want to turn over it just keeps trying like its a fuel or spark problem. So I found out if I just turn it from the postion right when you put it in it starts everytime)

2. Dash lights stop working on my signals and highbeam but*work*externally

3. Curb finder(passenger side mirror tilt on reverse) doesnt work at all but manually does

4. Trunk buttons stop working have to use my*keys

5. Sunroof tweaks on occasion
e46yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
1) sounds like a key issue. Do they both do this? Why are you sitting there listening to the beeps anyway?

2) remove angel eyes

3) toggle the left right switch to the middle

4) use the key to turn the lock on the trunk 90 degrees.

5) search for DIY on the sunroof clips (or remove the shade) and grease the tracks.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
e46yayo

I usually wait for the beeping thinking its best. but anyway I lost my key about a year ago and got a replacment from the dealer

I dont have any angel eyes

And ive tried the switch

Ive never put the key in the trunk but ill check.

Also my doors stop locking automatically when driving past 5mph

Last edited by e46yayo; 03-21-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
1.) Just start it up every time? I'm not even sure what the beeps are for anyway other than a buckle up reminder.

2.) Does it do this intermittently or all the time?

3.) Do you have auto or manual? If manual, your reverse sensing switch is toast, replace it. It's cheap.

Use Kubica's advice for the rest.

Edit to add: My doors never lock when driving at any speed unless I push the button.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 03-22-2013 at 10:12 AM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
pppham

My Ride: 740il S500 330CiC
E46yayo, if your key start and won't crank could be alot of things such as fuel pump, sparks, or coils or could be as easy to change as Campshaft sensor. Now, if it won't start or crank (aka see all dash lights ) this one could be the classic problem for the Crank Sensor. Or could be your EWS module could not recognize/link your key to DME. Best way for you to find out is go toAdvance or any auto parts to get the codes read or you can purchase the PAsoft cable and software for less than $40 and diagnose yourself. About the trunk and the mirror (dunno all the details) you can easily try to resync your key with the GM5. There are so many threads on this forum just search for it. Just remember to point your key Fob, non vert the antenna is on the back and vert is inside the rear view mirror (just point it to the clown nose). Hope this will help.

PS if you have manual, you can use PASoft to deactivate the clutch to start your car.
pppham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
e46yayo

I cant read any codes my check engine light isnt on

Yea I got auto
Old 03-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Maybe you have a valet key.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
pppham

My Ride: 740il S500 330CiC
e46yayo, any good news? Hope you can share with us. To all of the great BMW warriors out there (to name a few - jfoj, AC 2007, NumbaOneNewb, Kubica etc.....) - my car have the following problems:
1. Two key fobs will not work lock/unlock remotely for my 01 330 vert (have try everything to resync from all forums/suggestions. Have tried hard boot. Have disconnected/reconnected the battery after 24hrs). Have checked fuses... Keys start car... working manually for lock/unlock...trunk button or key is working fine....Gas cover plate worked accordingly for vert...glove box is working fine.

2. What else is not working -- footwell and dome light and central locking switch (Central locking switch could be based on the current status of central locking system?)

Any help is greatly appreciated
pppham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
e46yayo

My doors stop lockin when moving

My trunk buttons dont work in the car

All my interior lights work besides my signal and high beam and fog lights my fog kight dont work at all inside or out