E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #61
Stawky

My Ride: 330CI ESS SC
Something I've been wondering about since I got the car.
Do anyone know if I can configure the functions on the SMG paddle shifters?
I kinda want the same as the M3, but the non-M SMG is different.
both shifters are the same. If I push them away from me it downshits, and towards me, it shifts up.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #62
328isawesome

My Ride: Batmobile
New car: 330Ci with a surprise.

The wood and the leather are beautiful. And I don't use that word often or like wood in e46's either. Nice buy

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
328isawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #63
Stawky

CSL Bootlid fitted, just needs paint now

And needs a wash today...

Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #64
mattyboi92

My Ride: 6 speed '03 330ci
Send a message via AIM to mattyboi92
what year is this car? its a pre-facelift but has an smg tranny? I thought those smg transmissions only came on the facelifted e46's and even those are rare....maybe its different in norway??
Old 06-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #65
Stawky

This is a '02 (production month: November 2001). The 330 got several equipment upgrades in 2001 which probably included the SMG.
The facelift have a upgraded version of the SMG. Wish i had that SMG Want the 6th gear for more top speed
Old 06-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #66
mattyboi92

My Ride: 6 speed '03 330ci
Send a message via AIM to mattyboi92
hm didnt know any pre-facelifts had an option for an SMG. Maybe not in the us?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #67
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE46fanaticlol View Post
Lol at people going against the m3 killer. If this is wheel HP/TQ specs this will **** on a M3 any day. A friend of mind just dyno'd his evolve tuned m3 w/headers put down w/320whp and 250wtq.
Wow impressive numbers. Your friends M3 with bolt on's/tune would be making 375bhp and 295ft/lbs of torque using the same correction factor ESS uses. The OP's horsepower figures are BHP Figures for the ESS TS2 supercharger for an Auto transmission. So my money would be on your friend's car with the higher hp/red-line and lsd.

Now a bone stock M3 that would be a close race indeed I have no idea what would happen.

Lovely car OP! Keep up the good work! Side note, your Eisenmann exhaust is made the way from the factory. It is their quad exhaust option. So no need to worry that someone did that to your exhaust.

Last edited by Brian N; 06-12-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #68
Stawky

Quote:
The OP's horsepower figures are BHP Figures for the ESS TS2 supercharger for an Auto transmission.
Correct. Hopefully getting it dyno tested very soon to see the rwhp/tq, should be about the same as an Original M3 would perform on a dyno.

But soon i'll leave the M3 behind. Now that I have driven the car for about 7000 miles and I now know the car and the power, I do want more...
So I'll probably focus a bit more on power and less on appearance after I get the CSL bootlid and front bumper painted.
Starting with new headers and downpipes for better exhaustflow and the tiny bit of performance. And then upgrading the supercharger with the TS2+ kit = new pully, drivebelt, ESS FI cams and ECU for about 40 extra HP.
And after that, the big one Converting to E85 Bioethanol.

Last edited by Stawky; 06-13-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Stawky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #69
Stawky

CSL frontbumper is on and very happy with the looks, love the bumper.
Just needs some alignment (not the best fitment in the world...), and mount the piping from the bumper to the airbox

Old 06-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #70
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
looking good
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #71
dylan.

My Ride: 02 330ci
Starting to look beastly. My favorite thing is your interior though. I would do anything for those seats.
dylan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #72
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Sweet progress, a couple things to mention -

Your exhaust is a real Eisenmann Quad setup. It was the only quad exhaust setup available for the e46 for many years and it was over $1000 new. So don't do anything to that unless you sell it for something cooler!

That interior trim is VERY rare wood, don't modify that at all. Sell it for $500 if you want to change it up. I think it's perfect as-is. Since you have SMG, you already have the rare bit of silver in the interior. Most e46s don't have that cool shift knob or shift panel, you've got a very rare car on your hands. It's perfect as-is.

Why not just sand the rust and repaint it? Repainting both quarter panels will run you about $1000, and the panel between the trunk and rear bumper will cost you about $800 to cut out and replace, and those are the only areas that are 'vital' to the car's structure as well as non-replaceable. Vinyl wrapping will surely cost more than that. No point in wrapping over your nice paint when the majority of it is still in good shape. That blue is beautiful

I think you can buy an M3 SMG steering wheel and swap it in, the only thing that would be different is the wiring going to and from the paddles. You can probably reference a steptronic paddle shifter DIY and get most of the info you need.

Here's a link to my thread on LED resistors if you haven't gotten around to it yet. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ight=resistors

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #73
Stawky

Yeah, I looked alittle furter into it, and I saw that the quad should be that way.
Im not sure what i'll do back there yet.
Option 1: Keep the eisenmann exhaust and buy a SRS bumper.
Option 2: Sell the exhaust and go for a M3 look exhaust and bumper, which I did on my old 318 just for show. (I'll post a pic of it in a few hours )

I've come to love my interior, and there isnt much i'll do with the inside of the car. Both the passenger side and back seats are nearly unused and is literally as new, just need som leather care on the driverside chair and its good.
I've always thougt that wood belongs in a old mans car, but it looks soooo good with the Cinnamon and Blue, so no doubts that i'll keep it, tho Im going to replace the bottom bit on the steering wheel, cuz the wood is much darker that the other wood in the car, and I would like it to be the same.

Also, I might try a E60 SMG illuminated gearknob with M3 surrounding, but im focusing on the outside first.

The blue is beautiful indeed, and im going to keep it. Im getting the whole car repainted before winter comes to avoid furter spreading the rust.
Im doing the whole car since the color is a bit faded and close up, it is noticable between the newly painted bumper and the rest of the car.

I love the looks and feel of the pabbleshifters on mine, so I'll keep that

Last edited by Stawky; 06-23-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:54 AM   #74
Stawky

Here you have a picture of the M3 look exhaust and bumper thats on my old 318i.
Sorry for the crappy pic, kinda broken camera ^^

Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #75
Stawky

Anyone know where I can buy LED tail lights with amber blinker glass?
I can only find for facelift
Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #76
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
Tail lights for coupe are the same regardless if facelift or not.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #77
Stawky

I think you are wrong on that point. Sure the facelift tail light will fit on my car, but as far as i know, the facelift have a 7-pin contact while pre-face (mine) has a 6-pin.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #78
Stawky

New miniupdate.
Removed Angel Eyes and fittet original parklights, waiting for Yellow LED's for those. Also fitted Amber turnsignals up fornt.

I've given up looking for LED tail lights with amber turnsignal, since it seems its only made for facelift. So I bought tinted amber vinyl wrap from ebay.
Just hope its about the same colour.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #79
Grinchxvx

My Ride: 2001 M3, 1998 M3
New car: 330Ci with a surprise.

You should have just got an m3?

Grinchxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #80
Stawky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchxvx View Post
You should have just got an m3?

I wish. As I explained earlier, M3's in Norway are extremly expensive.
A M3 in good condition would cost twice as much as this one.
And to put that in perspective, Mine costs twice as much as an M3 in America.

So a Original M3 in good condition costs about 60-70k usd where over 40k usd of those are taxes... its sad.
This is the price in Norway now, not when the M3 was new...

Last edited by Stawky; 07-25-2013 at 01:56 AM.