E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
CTS

My Ride: E39, E46, 3.0CSL
Khoalty/Umnitza/Bimmian

I thought I might share my experience attempting to buy a few parts for my 3.

I looked around at various bumper covers and settled on the Mtech II. After doing a bit of research I found some good comments on the fit and quality of the Khoalty. Plus the price looked pretty good. I emailed for info on combined shipping if I were to order the rear and an M5 for my E39. Tried a few times and after a couple days I got the response "It'll take care of it at checkout" Taking care of it ended up being $300 in freight. Now I just shipped TWO big block chevy engines from Ohio to San Francisco and the bill was $280 so I just gave up and deleted the order. I did order the front cover, fog lights, a set of side skirts and some small pieces. This was on March 12th.

After a few days of still seeing "pending" on their site, I began emailing. After several tries and about a week of time I get-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN

I believe this has already shipped - will update you this afternoon
That was on the 15th. "This afternoon" came and went. A couple times. So on the 18th I emailed again. No response. Tried again on the 19th and 20th. No response. Finally caught their "Live Chat" up and running on the 20th. Dean tells me-

[quote=DEAN]

I'll look into it- give me just a few minutes.

[\quote]

After 3-4 hours of "few minutes", I tried another chat session. Dean finally told me the skirts that were "In Stock" weren't. He asked if I wanted him to ship the rest- I said yes. But still no tracking number or as-promised follow up.

Tried another "chat" yesterday. Dean again-

In short, I was told by Dean that he's not in shipping and can't access that information. I queried him on his position in the company as I was under the impression he was an owner or at least someone of influence. Told me he was one of three and if I liked I was free to email his boss.

In every communication, I was told something that was either not true or didn't happen. The only straight answer I got was on the out of stock skirts.

I'm not sure what kind of business Khoalty is, but tens of thousands of companies sell their wares on the internet. I buy hundreds of items every year on-line. In every instance other than this, I get immediate confirmation emails, shipping notices and tracking numbers. I'm not sure where Khoalty got the software they use to manage their business, but they need to look further.

I will give them this- one part works flawlessly. My credit card was charged the moment my order was placed. Figure that, huh? I don't know if everyone shares my view on that, but I find that behavior wholly unethical. If it were a special order? Sure. But not in-stock items.

So, since yesterday afternoon I have been trying to get my order cancelled. Emailed several times. Even tried calling- (619)630-5462. Got a machine.

Now since I have been trying to get my order shipped, I looked a little further (should have done that first, I know) I see repeated postings detailing various other situations that mirror mine. What strikes me is some of what Dean writes. I keep hearing about their LOOOW prices and to do that they can't take phone orders or calls. I keep hearing about them having soooo much business that they can't keep up (except on the payment processing) The one that really cracked me up was a Khoalty promo thread where Dean had the temerity to post that the prices "were a favor". Seriously? Found their Facebook page too- more of the same.

So anyway, I have this car apart and I need parts. Doing a little searching, I come across Umnitza. Looking at their bumper cover I was a little confused by their checkout. I grabbed the phone and placed a call that was answered immediately. Tim started off asking me a few questions. I'll admit I just wanted to ask my question and order my stuff. I'd had enough of BMW parts sellers. Tim plugged along and explained the online ordering. Turns out that their cover was 5 bucks cheaper than Khoalty. So much for the "favor"! It gets better.

I asked about fog covers- Tim points me the right way- $15 cheaper. OK! Then to fogs. Not only did Tim take the time to share with me his thoughts, he down-sold me by $50 on a product he felt I'd be happier with. So since I saved a few bucks (forgot to mention the $80 shipping vs K's $100) I decided to look at HID fogs. Ended up buying those as well as headlights, LED rears and some other stuff. Each time I asked about a product, Tim took me to the page on their site, told me all about the item, then AFTER I told him to add it to the order, he offered me a price break on it. Hell, I don't know what all i bought. I will in a few days. here's the clincher- while I'm still on the phone I get my first email from Umnitza. Less than an hour later I not only had my invoice, I had tracking confirmation on two separate parcels.

Gets even better-

I wanted some clear side markers. Unfortunately Tim didn't have them. But he pointed me the right direction. Jumped onto Bimmian's site. Found the light. While I was there I saw their gauge inserts and bezel rings- that Tim didn't have. Checking out I found a nice set of grilles in the specials and added those. Again, in 3 minutes I had an order confirmation and in an hour I had ship confirmation and tracking information.

I can't help but think that Khoalty would have more time to work on customer orders if Dean weren't on the various forums making excuses.

After my experience, this thread re-defines the concept of comedy for me-

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=954749

Instead of ranting about your competitors, maybe you should learn from them.

Thanks Tim and Umnitza and good job Bimmian!_a_

Last edited by CTS; 03-26-2013 at 09:58 AM.
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.