E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
BSW Stage I Review for Verts

I saw this excellent review (I linked below) on the BSW Stage I for a Saloon and thought I'd post my thoughts for my Stage I for Verts.

Since there is great detail provided in the review I linked to at the bottom of my review, I'll just add my general thoughts - item #3 is vert specific:

Summary first: If you are looking for a quality sound upgrade that is easy to install with no cutting, etc., this is the system for you. You could likely DIY something for less, but the effort to pick the right system, make the door panel modifications, etc. was not worth it for me. Truly plug and play, a great upgrade that's easy to do. My kind of upgrade.

1) The plug and play is excellent. I am by no means an installer or electrically inclined, but I can follow instructions... and these were easy. No cutting, trimming, rigging... it fits right.

2) I did not install my rear tweeters for some reason until several months after I put the primary kit in, and wow what a difference. I "liked" the Stage I but now I love it. It's amazing that something so small can truly complete the system. I was missing those piercing highs, and these deliver. Delivers an all around quality sound. I want to emphasize that, it's sound is clean, crisp, and feels right throughout the sound spectrum.

3) What REALLY did it for me to deliver the sound I wanted with my top down was adding an aftermarket sub/amp. As much as I would have liked the BSW sub, it wasn't available at the time. That was absolutely the final piece that could drive the sound escaping into the air with the top down. Top up, it's not necessarily needed, as everything is crisp, clean, and a quality sound. Top down, I feel like the bass is needed to drive the music (and I'm not a huge "rattle the trunk" bass music person, mainly classic rock). It's a great experiment to listen top up, top down with windows up, vs. top down. All different experiences.

So, if you have a vert, and are interested in a Stage I, I'd say go for it, and strongly consider a sub/amp combo too for top down driving.

The detailed Stage I review:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1090934

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete

Last edited by johnrando; 02-25-2016 at 09:20 AM.
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:29 PM   #2
SMUUUUUV
///Motorcepts ///Maintained

My Ride: '02 330 Vert-'06 4.4
I was thinking about doing this John. Waiting for the Avin Avant 3 to come out. I heard here it was supposed to be out in march. Still waiting............
SMUUUUUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
Villages M3 Guy

My Ride: Ford
I have a 2005 M3 Vert. Speakers are in the garage, waiting for the sub and some sound deading material to show up this week. Hope to install Friday! On the fence as to which head unit to get, Dynavin or AVIN......
Villages M3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #4
Villages M3 Guy

My Ride: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages M3 Guy View Post
I have a 2005 M3 Vert. Speakers are in the garage, waiting for the sub and some sound deading material to show up this week. Hope to install Friday! On the fence as to which head unit to get, Dynavin or AVIN......
All speakers installed,wow, what a difference! Much better than the HK system it had. Including the sub in the ski port made a world of difference too. Install was well documented in their YouTube videos. I did have an issue with the harnesses on the tweeters being pinned wrong, but a phone call took care of that easy enough. Overall, it's a great speaker package.
Villages M3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote