E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
There's a lot to be said for those hydraulic lift kits; most of it bad, but they would let you have ground clearance when you need it.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #22
Dave1027

My Ride: '06 IR 330ci zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuick5156 View Post
Lol
Never really understood why people drop cars that low...no way it can handle that well....
I got to laugh every time I see some punk in a slammed civic going down the road with the kid bouncing in the driver seat and his head hitting the headliner.
Dave1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #23
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
i just use a big piece of steel. doesn't have to be too thick (i used 1/4" cause that's all they had at the time), it's enough to support the car. i have it at my gf's house cause her dip is way worst than your picture lol it's more expensive than wood though. but i never remove it lol

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Um, this is an issue with his drive way, not his car. If his driveway was flat he wouldn't be even making this thread. Just because some people in this thread don't like lowered cars, why are you bashing the ones that do? He's asking if you guys have any ideas on how to make ramps for his driveway, he's not asking for your opinion on his ride height.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
[QUOTE=Hermes;15288801]

by the way OP your sig is epic:

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #26
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWhip View Post
Barbaros, youre a cool person, I remember speaking to you once, and I dont live far from queens... so if you need help with this I can give you a hand;
anyway, here is an easy, cheap, non permanant solution:
buy a sheet of pressure treated plywood 4X8
have home depot cut it for you;
I dont know the exact size of you door width or the length of the dip, but lets assume its about 7 ft wide and the dip is 2 feet long (which is what I can judge by looking at the photo)
cut the ply wood into three pieces:
20" X 7'
12" X 7'
3" X 7'
then stack them on top of each other, screw them together, and lay it down in the dip.
also, buy either 5/8" or 3/4", but you have to determine that based on the depth of your dip. place a straight edge across the dip and mearsure down fron the center of the straight edge down to the center of the dip; 5/8" X 3 = about under 2" and 3/4 X 3 = 2 1/4".
Under $20, and you can put in your garage if you want to remove it.
here's a pic to help with what I am saying:
Barbaros, i bumped this cause it might be useful,unlike many of the other posts lol.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #27
|2eckLesS

My Ride: 2004 330ci
I second the ply wood. If you leave it in the weather, and or it gets old you will see warping and might have to redo but that is going to be the best solution for what you have in front of you. It is sturdy, yet malleable enough to flex a little into the dip and not snap. I would disagree about connecting the boards together. When they flex they will slide along the surface slightly and it would be better to allow that sliding and not force them to bind.

Last edited by |2eckLesS; 03-27-2013 at 02:10 PM.
|2eckLesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #28
BeMyWhip

Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eckLesS View Post
I second the ply wood. If you leave it in the weather, and or it gets old you will see warping and might have to redo but that is going to be the best solution for what you have in front of you. It is sturdy, yet malleable enough to flex a little into the dip and not snap. I would disagree about connecting the boards together. When they flex they will slide along the surface slightly and it would be better to allow that sliding and not force them to bind.

I would say tell the land lord to fix that ish but then I realized your in NY and instantly understood why nothing would be done. Second option is to move. I don't know how any BMW stays in good shape in that city. I just moved my lady from Brooklyn (shes from Huntington and its a little better out there) and its horrible. Brand new M5 going down the LIE and the back bumper is all scratched from people bumping. Don't know how you do it.
I said to use pressure treated plywood, it will be last as long as your outdoor deck. also, it would flex across the middle(long ways) so securing the pieces together wont hinder flexing; plus it would be easier to install and uninstall as a unit, but thanks for the vote.

Last edited by BeMyWhip; 03-27-2013 at 01:23 PM.
BeMyWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #29
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
You bought a Sh1T sandwich, now you have to eat it.

Last edited by vilseck21; 03-27-2013 at 01:34 PM.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #30
BeMyWhip

Quote:
What if he realized it was a poop sandwich and decided to toss it and get a Ruben. NY has great Rubens.
yeah, and Carolina has great romin noodles with ketchup.
mmmmm, now that good Italian!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #31
BeMyWhip

Quote:
Ramen*
And We have BBQ and decent Italian.

**edit - just realized you must have been talking about North Carolina. Apologies.
and we have polite people and have wonderful beaches, have tons of sights to see, and things to do.
Most NYers are polite and helpful; dont believe what you see on T.V.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #32
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
maybe some type of foam or rubber? or some type of cheap filling that will absorb weight with a layer of foam or rubber on top?
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #33
JasonSmithed

My Ride: 00 323i
Like I said before probably your best bet is a piece of sheet metal

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Bimmer App
Old 03-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #34
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
About that pic of th OP's car with the penny,is that a pic of it on flat ground,or is it a pic of the car when it is grinding over the driveway at the hump?

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 03-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #35
yycdave

My Ride: 02 325xiT 5spd
How about something like this

http://www.shercomindustries.com/pro...curbramps.html

Last edited by yycdave; 03-27-2013 at 05:45 PM.
yycdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #36
GDubois

My Ride: is slow
Hellafail

Congratulations.
GDubois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #37
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
You use that Euro plate lots huh? How bout that bike rack for all those bikes you have...
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #38
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
You use that Euro plate lots huh? How bout that bike rack for all those bikes you have...
cmaw daw. hella tite. roll hard to meets, yo. bike rack= xtra style points. dafuq

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #39
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
I really appreciate both positive & negative feedback. Everyone has different taste in styling their cars or enjoying various performance setups. I know what you guys talking about but lowering the car does not do me or the car any harm. It still handles like a champ, and drives much better than most of the guys here who hate and talk BS about my setup. Does not bounce like the civic on cheap coils either. How many of you guys track? Maybe none. Me? No. How fast do you guys take corners? 100mph? No. Me? Definitely not fast. So even though it handles just fine, I don't have a reason for it to be handling like a race car. Ohh btw, my bike rack is not actually for extra style points, I do have bikes and do transport them.

@BeMyWhip! I love this idea man. Thanks for taking the time and drawing that for me. I will though, need help, PM sent!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #40
BeMyWhip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
I really appreciate both positive & negative feedback. Everyone has different taste in styling their cars or enjoying various performance setups. I know what you guys talking about but lowering the car does not do me or the car any harm. It still handles like a champ, and drives much better than most of the guys here who hate and talk BS about my setup. Does not bounce like the civic on cheap coils either. How many of you guys track? Maybe none. Me? No. How fast do you guys take corners? 100mph? No. Me? Definitely not fast. So even though it handles just fine, I don't have a reason for it to be handling like a race car. Ohh btw, my bike rack is not actually for extra style points, I do have bikes and do transport them.

@BeMyWhip! I love this idea man. Thanks for taking the time and drawing that for me. I will though, need help, PM sent!
your welcome, but i never got your pm.