E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #41
DangerousMind

My Ride: Sierra 1500 SLT

Or

Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #42
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
hahaha awesome!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #43
Hermes

My Ride: cars older than you
please buy some M3 mirrors for your car. It just looks wrong in that color with stock mirrors

Respect Your Elders
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #44
Joshwa1234

My Ride: 2003 330I Sedan
+1 on the plywood idea
Joshwa1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #45
JimC-NH

My Ride: 2004 330Ci Vert
Looks like its just a dip at the entrance for drainage. Couple of bags of gravel should fill it in and still drain. Removable too.
JimC-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #46
daveion2002

My Ride: 2001 330i
My a lot of my neighbors use sheet metal. Wood sounds wimpy and you have to move it every time.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #47
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Got your message Barbaros, will pm you later;
but I think I got a better idea since everyone is trying to top my original.
here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	garagedoor.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	497538  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #48
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
I really appreciate both positive & negative feedback. Everyone has different taste in styling their cars or enjoying various performance setups. I know what you guys talking about but lowering the car does not do me or the car any harm. It still handles like a champ, and drives much better than most of the guys here who hate and talk BS about my setup. Does not bounce like the civic on cheap coils either. How many of you guys track? Maybe none. Me? No. How fast do you guys take corners? 100mph? No. Me? Definitely not fast. So even though it handles just fine, I don't have a reason for it to be handling like a race car. Ohh btw, my bike rack is not actually for extra style points, I do have bikes and do transport them.

@BeMyWhip! I love this idea man. Thanks for taking the time and drawing that for me. I will though, need help, PM sent!
I know the scene. I know what the bike racks are for. They're in your pics for a reason. Not bashing you but just say the truth. They're on your car to look "hard." they're in all your pics. I know because my good friend is friends with the person who started that whole hellastance scene. It's a lifestyle. The way you mod (slam) your car, the way you portray yourself, the clothes you wear, and the music you listen to.

It's nothing to do with BMW being a race car, for one, it's about not looking silly (sorry slammed cars just look silly) and about BMWs being handling cars. You totally missed and destroyed the part about a BMW being a BMW by slamming it to the ground to where a penny can't fit under it.

Now, I wasn't going to bring all that up since that's not what your thread is about, but you did bring it up. So I am responding.

And slamming your car that low does hurt it and also makes it more dangerous to you in a crash. Further, a "stanced" car has dangerous handling characteristics and can cause an accident. I hope you keep your DSC on, but judging by your license plate... I doubt it! Be safe

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #49
BeMyWhip

Barbaros, your car looks awesome; just keep in mind that their are alot of a holes on this forum...
^ case in point lol.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #50
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I know the scene. I know what the bike racks are for. They're in your pics for a reason. Not bashing you but just say the truth. They're on your car to look "hard." they're in all your pics. I know because my good friend is friends with the person who started that whole hellastance scene. It's a lifestyle. The way you mod (slam) your car, the way you portray yourself, the clothes you wear, and the music you listen to.

Maybe OP uses his bike rack to, you know, transport his bike?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #51
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post

Maybe OP uses his bike rack to, you know, transport his bike?
Maybe. But it's been in every one of his pics just like everyone else w/ sig pics showing a bike rack and no bike.

Come to a So Cal meet,or a stance meet, I'll show you what I'm talking about

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #52
BeMyWhip

Haters gonna hate!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #53
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Maybe. But it's been in every one of his pics just like everyone else w/ sig pics showing a bike rack and no bike.

Come to a So Cal meet,or a stance meet, I'll show you what I'm talking about
I know what you meant by stancing. If OP is like me, he only has his bike attached ONLY if he's going somewhere to ride. It doesn't make sense to have the bike attached all the time (noisy, reduced mileage, risk of damaging the bike), nor does it make sense to keep removing the rack if you ride a lot. When at a meet or taking pictures, the bike probably isn't attached.

Bottom line - I'd be willing to bet that most of us with bike racks aren't doing it for the looks.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #54
BeMyWhip

Youre wasting your time, that fruit is a troll!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #55
Mango
A full five stars, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post
I know what you meant by stancing. If OP is like me, he only has his bike attached ONLY if he's going somewhere to ride. It doesn't make sense to have the bike attached all the time (noisy, reduced mileage, risk of damaging the bike), nor does it make sense to keep removing the rack if you ride a lot. When at a meet or taking pictures, the bike probably isn't attached.

Bottom line - I'd be willing to bet that most of us with bike racks aren't doing it for the looks.
I agree. There's mature people like my uncle who has an E46 is a cyclist who have racks for the right reasons. but there's no disagreeing that the young euro car generation is doing it for the props, points, high fives, thumbs ups, and looks (especially at meets)

I went to a meet called SoCal euro and you wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of stanced cars w/ bike-less roof racks that attended. They're stance kids. that's what they do. it's part of the scene.

Throw on some stickers on the front wind deflector (whatever it's called) and you're golden (especially if said stickers are turned sideways)

Don't get me started on the fashion. My friends thought I was crazy when I predicted what the stance/rack guys would wear at the meets. Sure enough I was 100% right when we got there.

It's a silly phase

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #56
BeMyWhip

Quote:
I agree. There's mature people like my uncle who has an E46 is a cyclist who have racks for the right reasons. but there's no disagreeing that the young euro car generation is doing it for the props, points, high fives, thumbs ups, and looks (especially at meets)

I went to a meet called SoCal euro and you wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of stanced cars w/ bike-less roof racks that attended. They're stance kids. that's what they do. it's part of the scene.

Throw on some stickers on the front wind deflector (whatever it's called) and you're golden (especially if said stickers are turned sideways)

Don't get me started on the fashion. My friends thought I was crazy when I predicted what the stance/rack guys would wear at the meets. Sure enough I was 100% right when we got there.

It's a silly phase
And IF he was doing it for looks?
thats his business; everyone can do whatever they wish with their cars.
According to you everyone should have their car look like mangos?!
talk about BORING!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #57
rudycoop

My Ride: 3 pedal 330i
Can't help but come in here and say how stupid I think ground scraping cars are. ESP an e46!
rudycoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #58
BeMyWhip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudycoop View Post
Can't help but come in here and say how stupid I think ground scraping cars are. ESP an e46!
more opinions... great!
thank you for your input, my day's complete now, time for early bed.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #59
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
The side skirts of my car scrapes every time I get in/out even though I am not too low. I wanna be able to lower it because it looks retarded this way. The only thing that's holding me is that I can't make it into the garage.
Quote:
Here is a couple pictures.
This was before my suspension settled down, i could not fit a penny by my side skirts.
did you say you're not too low??
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #60
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Stop hating guys. Most of you don't know me, I am not one of those who we call a *****. People who know me, knows that i do this for myself, not to get attention. Hey Mango, come on man, don't do this I am an enthusiast, I do just as much maintenance as you do on your car but at the same time, i like to give it a style, not keep it stock. I know you know about the stance thingy but you really don't know how good a slammed car can handle.
Quote:
Further, a "stanced" car has dangerous handling characteristics and can cause an accident. I hope you keep your DSC on, but judging by your license plate... I doubt it! Be safe
Here is a short video for you and please tell me how much body roll you can see in this video... DSC off here, but think about it being on, on a track, in between cones...
Ps: Please don't be giving me another hard time accusing me for doing this in public. This is winter time, parking lot is in the middle of nowhere, there is no public

Last edited by Barbaros; 03-28-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote