E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Talio, 1911A1 question from you. Stoppage

Figured you or somebody might be able to figure this out. I just replaced the spring, 16 pounds and went shooting. Still same issues. The round gets partially stuck in the chamber. I have tried 8 different mags and even the stock Scofield mag. I have tried 3 different types of ammo. All round nose ammo, no HP.

I shot 20 rounds today and it did the same thing every time, even after replacement of the guide rod spring. When I got home, I replaced the extractor. I will try it again next time at the range with the next extractor. The gun is a 1944 Ithaco 1911A1. Bore looks great and I cleaned the hell out of this gun. Any suggestions appreciated. I am in the process of making a case for it but I just want it to run well. This picture is exactally what is going on...

No making fun of the case, I ma doing some work on it.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Feeding I assume?

Remove the extractor and try dropping the slide on a round, it should feed. If it does PM me, I have plenty of them.

EDIT""" I missed the part where you replaced the extractor. You probably already fixed it.

Function test it first, drop the slide 3-4 times and make sure theres no hammer follow and then drop the slide on a round with the new extractor installed. It should work unless that ones tweaked to.

Last edited by tailo; 03-27-2013 at 11:24 AM.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Feeding I assume?

Remove the extractor and try dropping the slide on a round, it should feed. If it does PM me, I have plenty of them.

EDIT""" I missed the part where you replaced the extractor. You probably already fixed it.

Function test it first, drop the slide 3-4 times and make sure theres no hammer follow and then drop the slide on a round with the new extractor installed. It should work unless that ones tweaked to.
Correct, it is a feeding issue. Since I have the new extractor in I will take it to the range and try it out one more time. Will let you know how it goes. Function check is fine, but was also fine before I replaced the spring and extractor. Works fine with snap caps.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
carcus

Talio,
Looks like we both were correct about the extractor. Works fine now even with 8 round mags. Gun is now finally cased and given the respect it deserves. Time to shoot the Kimber Raptor II and Colt 70 series Combat Commander 1911s from now on. Thanks again Talio. Now looking for a matching number Walther P38 WWII model to make up for the Walther P1 that the frame blew up on.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
tailo

I've got a matching numbers p38 with bring back papers and hitler youth dagger (also on papers) if your interested.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
carcus

Quote:
I've got a matching numbers p38 with bring back papers and hitler youth dagger (also on papers) if your interested.
Might be interested in the P38. Send me some pics if you can and price. Appreciate it. Does it have import markings? Shoot me a PM with the year and maker code. Not looking for a CYQ Spreewerke.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
tailo

It is a CYQ Spreewerke but it is numbers matching AND it has usgi bring back papers. It was carried back from WWII and has two document papers from the military that let the soldier who brought it back do it legally. The soldiers name is on the paperwork and his units history can be tracked. Papered USGI bring backs are ultra rare. This is the only one I've ever seen in my years of collecting. Most soldiers tossed the papers once they got home or the gun was sold and papers lost. I'm looking for $2000 but I may take trades.

Heres some info on the GI who brought it home.
http://www.geni.com/people/John-Troo...00009902774942

Last edited by tailo; 04-04-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
carcus

Quote:
It is a CYQ Spreewerke but it is numbers matching AND it has usgi bring back papers. It was carried back from WWII and has two document papers from the military that let the soldier who brought it back do it legally. The soldiers name is on the paperwork and his units history can be tracked. Papered USGI bring backs are ultra rare. This is the only one I've ever seen in my years of collecting. Most soldiers tossed the papers once they got home or the gun was sold and papers lost. I'm looking for $2000 but I may take trades.

Heres some info on the GI who brought it home.
http://www.geni.com/people/John-Troo...00009902774942

Thanks Tailo,
but going to have to pass on this one. Sounds nice but not really the one I am looking for. Nice on the papers though.