E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Yeah, I would upgrade to a better gym.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
call me in the minority if its true... but my ideal gym has a ton of powerlifting racks with chinup/pullup configurations, deadlift mats/areas, bench presses, bumper plates, kettle-bells, boxes, foam rollers/mats, heavy bag, and dumbbells... in that order of importance to me as well. Couldn't care less if there was a single treadmill/elliptical/bike in the place, or pre-weighted EZ bars etc.

edit: I understand gyms are a business, and that 99% of people are looking for strict cardio / machine workouts. I wish gyms would start to teach them proper exercise instead... wishful thinking considering most trainers are just as bad.

I also found it funny they promote a "intimidation free" atmosphere. If you are intimidated by the strong/fit crowd instead of motivated... you are already failing imo.
Wanna get big?

Use. A. Barbell!!!

Last edited by BMW_Matt; 05-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #23
5Serious

My Ride: 2002 525i
Planet fitness is for fat chicks. So is LA fitness. Although la has more milfs with money. It's still no **** gym that's not for serious people. I used to do corporate sales for LA before trading the market and I would rip people off and tell them how amazing the facility was, while I would never be caught lifting there. I like dirty smaller gyms where nobody talks to me. Get ya **** done and get out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer App
5Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #24
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
call me in the minority if its true... but my ideal gym has a ton of powerlifting racks with chinup/pullup configurations, deadlift mats/areas, bench presses, bumper plates, kettle-bells, boxes, foam rollers/mats, heavy bag, and dumbbells... in that order of importance to me as well. Couldn't care less if there was a single treadmill/elliptical/bike in the place, or pre-weighted EZ bars etc.
You would love my gym. It's smaller, but when going at night, there's usually only one other person there. Has all of that, and then some, and they continually get new stuff in. Weight belts, weight vests, wrist straps, big tires to flip outside, two open rooms to do whatever the hell you want, etc.

I can't tell you how much progress I've made switching from the Snap Fitness I was going to.

I understand PF's target audience, and that they're a business. I like to think of them as a "gateway gym". Kinda like pot.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
I was forced to workout at a PF last week when my campus gym had a concert going on in the facility and they closed it. My thoughts on PF was that, I was happy to be lifting something instead of nothing, but I didn't like the atmosphere. I was constantly weaving in and out of people standing around talking, sitting on machines, grouping up and just straight up talking and not working out. I was also appalled by the people using horrible form on everything they were doing. I wasn't familiar with the no deadlifting rule, so I ended up stealing a BB from an incline bench machine and walking away with it around a corner in the gym and deadlifting over there lol Nobody said anything to me, but I was pretty hidden. I would never get a membership there though, absolutely not.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote