E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I one day hope to know even 5% of what you do about guns and be able to buy even one of the toys you regularly buy/sell.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #22
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
They also have a transferable mini gun. That would be a nice addition. I think they said 1of 9 that are transferable

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/200...-transferable/

I could justify 100k for one if I lived in a state where I could own it. Cant lose money on it. But they go close to a quarter mil
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #23
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Also, nine of us could afford to feed it. 6000 rounds a minute? Fuck

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I one day hope to know even 5% of what you do about guns and be able to buy even one of the toys you regularly buy/sell.
It's a life style. If you can afford a payment on a second car then you can afford a higher end machine gun.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #25
GasKing

I was watching triggers and he Hasan eotech mounted Ontop of a mini gun I loled cause it was so cool.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
It's a life style. If you can afford a payment on a second car then you can afford a higher end machine gun.
True, but you're not going to finance a machine gun. Gotta have the liquid cash up front

Last edited by david05111; 04-06-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #27
GasKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
true, but you're not going to finance a machine gun. Gotta have the liquid cash up front
+1
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #28
tailo

People can and do get personal loans for machine guns.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #29
GasKing

Quote:
People can and do get personal loans for machine guns.
I know its out there, but toys should not be financed.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I know its out there, but toys should not be financed.
I agree...even ones you look at as an investment. If you can't afford to buy it with cash then imo you shouldn't be buying it.

Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #31
tailo

I agree and dissagree.

Yes, loans can be abused but you have to know how to use them right. A good friend of mine, whos in financial trouble... Loves to buy something on credit just to sell it (at a loss) for fast cash.

I use them from time to time to fund large large investments for my business. I'll take out several thousand, buy what I need, and pay it off when I sell some of the parts. Thus leaving me with a rather large inventory that's essentially "free" after a couple of weeks.

As machine guns go. Say you find a m16 for $26,000 You could pocket say $350 a month but it would take you 5 years to "save" that much. Unless you are well established and have a great job than something like that with out a loan is generally untouchable.Given the sharp increase in prices in 5 years you wont touch that gun for $26,000. One of our own members bought one at a fair market price of 15k last year. The same gun would sell for $23-26 today. I bought two sub machine guns last year, if I sold them today I'd more than double my money on both.

Given that this is a hobby before a investment this is no different than if somebody took a loan out for a new harley. The only difference is that harley will depreciate in value, in 10 years what's that bike going to be worth? What about a machine gun of the same value? I'd bet the machine gun's going to be worth way more.

I have roughly 19k right now. I found "the" gun priced at 23k and the owner is going to hold it for a couple weeks until I come up with the rest. I'll probably just get a loan tuesday, cut him a check and pay off the rest in a couple weeks once I sell some stuff, I'll be out a marginal loan fee but I will have secured "the right" gun.

People ask how I "afford" all of this stuff. I'll tell you the truth, I cant....

I dont have a good job. I make $8 a hour.. I just do it for insurance really. If I saved and paid cash I'd NEVER be able to afford it. Rather it be loyalty or fear of the unknown I'm not sure why I havent left for better pay... I know I'm worth way more. I have to run a side business to survive. But I'm comfortable and happy where I am.

I do know money, I know how to take alittle cash and turn it in to alot in just a few weeks. I know how to invest and I know how to make a profit. For what I sold to fund this m16 I am basically buying it for about $7500 cash out of pocket. Sure I am selling several guns to fund it but guns are better than money in the bank. I "invest" if I need something later I sell those items.

Point being.... Dont buy stupid %^&*(, You dont need the newest shoes, phone, or ipad.... Dont get emotionally attached to anything, there objects and they cant love you back. ALWAYS make a profit, even if its a small amount thats more to "bank". NEVER use gunmoney on anything else. Keep your "life" and your "firearms" financially seperate. It's not about how many toys you die with, it's about how many you get to play with along the way.

I started when I was 18. I had a $200 pay check and I bought a sks...I'm 27 now. Anybody can buy these things if they do it right, this is no different than gold and silver from a finanical stand point.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #32
GasKing

WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP. Listen I own a business, and I know a thing or 2 about this. Guns are TOYS, even if the value goes up they are just TOYS. If you dont have $20grand to lay out to buy an M16 then you shouldnt be financing one. PERIOD.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #33
david05111

The question I have is what bank gives you a loan for something like that? Banks don't want to give loans for luxury items at them moment, especially at decent interest rates. I suppose you could get a home equity line of credit, if you owned a home. But it's not like the bank wants to take the gun as collateral/a PMSI. The headaches they have to go through to gain possession of it upon default are nightmarish for them.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #34
tailo

Memeber one credit union, use a vehical as collateral or go unsecured. IIRC at 100% secured its around 5% apr up to 8% for unsecured.

In my instance I've got probably another 7-8k in guns that I dont "care for" I NEED 5k cash quick so even if I get a unsecured loan for 5k at 8%...It secures the exact gun I want and I can flip my extra guns and pay it off in a couple of weeks tops, costs almost nothing.

Quote:
Guns are TOYS, even if the value goes up they are just TOYS. If you dont have $20grand to lay out to buy an M16 then you shouldnt be financing one. PERIOD.
NFA is a investment. Like all investments markets can and do dip BUT giving that there is a fixed amount and no new ones will EVER be made for civilian transfer. It's a damn good bet that you will never loose your money.

I ran in to a guy today at the shooting range with a m16.... he paid 3k for it... $900 for his sten gun. A sten in 86 cost $80 to build... that same gun is worth atleast 6k today.

Given those returns... If your in a stable financial situation and you can afford a payment on a extra car then why not go for a machine gun? A Corvette is a toy... people finance those every day. The key is not to overextend yourself, IF you take a loan make SURE you have a stable enough financial life that you can make the payments.

For me, it's my daughters college fund. In 18 years I'll sell and that will be a nice chunk of what she needs.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #35
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

What if your m16 goes kaboom? Nothing is guaranteed imo, unless like David said you buy it insure it heavily and lock it away. I have no doubt you'll make moneyon it. Just personally i would never buy an investment i couldnt pay cash for, whether it guns, stocks or gold

Old 04-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #36
Jonshmoe

My Ride: (GONE)
Send a message via AIM to Jonshmoe Send a message via MSN to Jonshmoe Send a message via Skype™ to Jonshmoe
Quote:
I agree and dissagree.

Yes, loans can be abused but you have to know how to use them right. A good friend of mine, whos in financial trouble... Loves to buy something on credit just to sell it (at a loss) for fast cash.

I use them from time to time to fund large large investments for my business. I'll take out several thousand, buy what I need, and pay it off when I sell some of the parts. Thus leaving me with a rather large inventory that's essentially "free" after a couple of weeks.

As machine guns go. Say you find a m16 for $26,000 You could pocket say $350 a month but it would take you 5 years to "save" that much. Unless you are well established and have a great job than something like that with out a loan is generally untouchable.Given the sharp increase in prices in 5 years you wont touch that gun for $26,000. One of our own members bought one at a fair market price of 15k last year. The same gun would sell for $23-26 today. I bought two sub machine guns last year, if I sold them today I'd more than double my money on both.

Given that this is a hobby before a investment this is no different than if somebody took a loan out for a new harley. The only difference is that harley will depreciate in value, in 10 years what's that bike going to be worth? What about a machine gun of the same value? I'd bet the machine gun's going to be worth way more.

I have roughly 19k right now. I found "the" gun priced at 23k and the owner is going to hold it for a couple weeks until I come up with the rest. I'll probably just get a loan tuesday, cut him a check and pay off the rest in a couple weeks once I sell some stuff, I'll be out a marginal loan fee but I will have secured "the right" gun.

People ask how I "afford" all of this stuff. I'll tell you the truth, I cant....

I dont have a good job. I make $8 a hour.. I just do it for insurance really. If I saved and paid cash I'd NEVER be able to afford it. Rather it be loyalty or fear of the unknown I'm not sure why I havent left for better pay... I know I'm worth way more. I have to run a side business to survive. But I'm comfortable and happy where I am.

I do know money, I know how to take alittle cash and turn it in to alot in just a few weeks. I know how to invest and I know how to make a profit. For what I sold to fund this m16 I am basically buying it for about $7500 cash out of pocket. Sure I am selling several guns to fund it but guns are better than money in the bank. I "invest" if I need something later I sell those items.

Not trying to come at your lifestyle, but is maxing out your budget with expensive firearms your priority ? Why not used that money to go(back) to school and potentially increase your earning power?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #37
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonshmoe View Post

Not trying to come at your lifestyle, but is maxing out your budget with expensive firearms your priority ? Why not used that money to go(back) to school and potentially increase your earning power?
If he's happy and content with his lifestyle i see no reason to change. I think he has a relaxed job atmosphere he enjoys and lives comfortably. Depends on what makes you happy. If he was buying ammo instead of feeding his daughter then there would be a problem

Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #38
tailo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
What if your m16 goes kaboom? Nothing is guaranteed imo, unless like David said you buy it insure it heavily and lock it away. I have no doubt you'll make moneyon it. Just personally i would never buy an investment i couldnt pay cash for, whether it guns, stocks or gold

That is always a risk but as long as the serial number is intact anything can be fixed. Back in the day they were rewelding torch cut guns and occasionally smiths still fix kaboomed recievers.

Quote:
My "gun life" and my everyday life is 100% seperate. My day job and business pays the bills.

The m16 is 100% funded by stuff that I already owned. Not a dime of this gun is coming from my pay check or my business. I'm at the point now that I can keep the two seperate. Remember, I have enough guns that I could sell them all and easly pay cash for a decent property. If I got searious about it I could fill a GI rack up with transferables. Not saying that I'm going to, I'm just sayin that I'm not cutting anything from my family by doing this.

Quote:
If he's happy and content with his lifestyle i see no reason to change. I think he has a relaxed job atmosphere he enjoys and lives comfortably. Depends on what makes you happy. If he was buying ammo instead of feeding his daughter then there would be a problem
I worked at a bmw dealership for a few years, Now I'm a mechanic at a small local garage. 5 bays, 3 techs... The stress level is way less than it was at the dealership. Between the two jobs my wife gets to be a stay at home mom. Besides my car payment I have 0 debt.

Besides, I get to play with guns at work and I dont get the police called or fired.

Last edited by tailo; 04-07-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #39
GasKing

Not trying to Judge, but your married, have a kid and an $8/hr job and you have the gun collection of Charlton Heston?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #40
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Not trying to Judge, but your married, have a kid and an $8/hr job and you have the gun collection of Charlton Heston?
Pro hustler status of 1911 parts.