E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #41
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Close, but not quite.

Liberals allow their ideas to evolve overtime. Conservatards have to wait for God to create theirs.
Hey! I haven't let zombie Jesus think for me in weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Not an entirely false point, though. At one point homosexuality was looked upon the same as things like pedophilia, incest, etc. Pedophiles have a mental disorder, look at their recidivism rate. It isn't a choice, just like homosexuality isn't a choice. As a society we could have easily ended up cheering for equal rights for brothers and sisters if things went differently and hollywood pushed it.

Hell, who are we to say that homosexuality should be celebrated but polygamists are gross? Now we're nitpicking what is ok and what isn't? smh
Although I don't agree with some of this, I do wonder what will EVOLVE next?
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #42
phrozen06
Registered User
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W
Posts: 7,526
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
He didn't apologize for what he believes. He apologized if anyone was offended by what he said and how he said it.

Maybe he apologized because he wished he would've "calibrated those words differently" to poach a phrase from Obama. Or because he has political aspirations and he's learning to whore himself out to public opinion, regardless of what's right. Or because he's worried about how these kinds of things could affect his foundation's fundraising efforts.
Now we're getting to the core of the issue.
__________________


phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #43
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Hey! I haven't let zombie Jesus think for me in weeks.



Although I don't agree with some of this, I do wonder what will EVOLVE next?
Depends on what the entertainment industry pushes, I'd guess polygamy.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #44
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Married men to men? First I've heard of this. Either way, your point is insipid as usual. You're trying to mold the law to effect your values and personal tastes and proclivities which is no better than people trying to mold it to theirs.

Oh yea, how does the Jewish religion view homosexuals? How about Islam? Yes, this is just a Christian thing. Right on
You inquired "holding homosexuality in the same regard as hetero" and it being viewed as abomination. I gave you an example. You don't like the fact that its true and now you wish to re-phrase your question.
I have said judeo-christian. There is evidence to show that the Quran supports the idea of multiple wives. I believe up to four, according to some reports. Hindu scripture supports multiple number of wives as well. It has only been recent (late 90's/early 2000) laws by the India govt that prohibits polygamy.

Now when you would like to do even the basic 5 minutes of research and not stick your foot in your mouth, perhaps we can continue.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #45
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
ou don't like the fact that its true and now you wish to re-phrase your question.
Wouldn't be the first time. And I guarantee you not the last.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #46
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
You inquired "holding homosexuality in the same regard as hetero" and it being viewed as abomination. I gave you an example. You don't like the fact that its true and now you wish to re-phrase your question.
I have said judeo-christian. There is evidence to show that the Quran supports the idea of multiple wives. I believe up to four, according to some reports. Hindu scripture supports multiple number of wives as well. It has only been recent (late 90's/early 2000) laws by the India govt that prohibits polygamy.

Now when you would like to do even the basic 5 minutes of research and not stick your foot in your mouth, perhaps we can continue.
None of the big 3 support homosexuality, so why don't you broaden your swing when you insult people's faiths? Is it because it is only chic to insult christians?

I don't need to re-phrase anything, the ancient Greeks did not marry homosexuals. That is quite obviously what I meant by holding it in the same regard. All you have said was that they banged, super. Additionally, I actually asked you a question and even said I would look at whatever material you had so it isn't like I stated an absolute. Nice try closet boy.

Since we know they loved the awesome institution of slavery, I wonder how the heralded ancient Greeks viewed incest? Let's see, Zeus and Hera were brother and sister and had offspring. Oedipus comes to mind...damn, seems like it was fairly common in their culture at least at the lore level. Very interesting, we should emulate that too according to your standards.

I'm not even against gay marriage in the US, I'm against pompous dbags like you.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 04-02-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #47
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
None of the big 3 support homosexuality, so why don't you broaden your swing when you insult people's faiths? Is it because it is only chic to insult christians?

I don't need to re-phrase anything, the ancient Greeks did not marry homosexuals. That is quite obviously what I meant by holding it in the same regard. All you have said was that they banged, super. Additionally, I actually asked you a question and even said I would look at whatever material you had so it isn't like I stated an absolute. Nice try closet boy.

Since we know they loved the awesome institution of slavery, I wonder how the heralded ancient Greeks viewed incest? Let's see, Zeus and Hera were brother and sister and had offspring. Oedipus comes to mind...damn, seems like it was fairly common in their culture at least at the lore level. Very interesting, we should emulate that too according to your standards.

I'm not even against gay marriage in the US, I'm against pompous dbags like you.
Well then 3 broad based systems of belief are intolerant of... science.
__________________

Last edited by Carskibum; 04-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #48
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
None of the big 3 support homosexuality.
You refer to religion like it's a person.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #49
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Well then 3 broad based systems of belief are intolerant of... science.
My point was that most gay crusaders like ESQ gloss over that Islam is way more intolerant of homosexuality and the Jewish religion is as intolerant of it as Christianity. The problem is, Muslims and Jews are part of the libteral coalition so they get a pass. I'd just like equal outrage and finger pointing, if that isn't too much to ask.

Supporting homosexuality as normal is scientific? Come on now, I already said I have no objection to gay marriage but that's just stupid. They aren't denying its existence.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #50
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
You refer to religion like it's a person.
The NCAA is holding a tournament, omg I'm referring to it like it's a person!!!
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #51
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
My point was that most gay crusaders like ESQ gloss over that Islam is way more intolerant of homosexuality and the Jewish religion is as intolerant of it as Christianity. The problem is, Muslims and Jews are part of the libteral coalition so they get a pass. I'd just like equal outrage and finger pointing, if that isn't too much to ask.

Supporting homosexuality as normal is scientific? Come on now, I already said I have no objection to gay marriage but that's just stupid. They aren't denying its existence.
And they are intolerant of so much that it's par for the course.

Accepting homosexuality and marriage has become a part of rational thought, thus science. If you accept that they are born that way, then you must accept that they are allowed the rights of the rest of us.
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #52
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
None of the big 3 support homosexuality, so why don't you broaden your swing when you insult people's faiths? Is it because it is only chic to insult christians?

I don't need to re-phrase anything, the ancient Greeks did not marry homosexuals. That is quite obviously what I meant by holding it in the same regard. All you have said was that they banged, super. Additionally, I actually asked you a question and even said I would look at whatever material you had so it isn't like I stated an absolute. Nice try closet boy.

Since we know they loved the awesome institution of slavery, I wonder how the heralded ancient Greeks viewed incest? Let's see, Zeus and Hera were brother and sister and had offspring. Oedipus comes to mind...damn, seems like it was fairly common in their culture at least at the lore level. Very interesting, we should emulate that too according to your standards.

I'm not even against gay marriage in the US, I'm against pompous dbags like you.
I guess you missed the part about eygyptian monarchies keeping the line of succession "in the family" quite literally. So lets can all the crapola about only going after christians. Besides who is insulting them.

It is a fact that the biblical texts state that Solomon had multiple wives, and that Cain had to have a wife that was either his sister or his daughter/sister. That is not insulting them. That is using the evidence of their own texts. Now if some "christians" find it insulting when people state the existence of such "idiocracies" in there texts, well, that is on them not me.

Oh yes...christians are such the persecuted group. They have insulted and attacked those that do not hold with their beliefs for hundreds of years. Now, when the tables are turned and they no longer have such dominating political might, the tables get turned on them and they start whining about it. They can dish it out but they can't take it. Poor bleepin babies. I don't know if you are a christian, but, you certainly fit right in with them in the whiny baby category. Poor AofG...you can dish it out, but, you can't take it. Hell, you still think trying to attack someone's sexuality makes for an "insult", by such use of the term "closet boy". Its an impotent attempt at an insult/attack....but, your failure is comical.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Accepting homosexuality and marriage has become a part of rational thought, thus science. If you accept that they are born that way, then you must accept that they are allowed the rights of the rest of us.
I do, but it has nothing to do with science. You aren't making logical sense with this train of thought.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #54
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
I guess you missed the part about eygyptian monarchies keeping the line of succession "in the family" quite literally. So lets can all the crapola about only going after christians. Besides who is insulting them.

It is a fact that the biblical texts state that Solomon had multiple wives, and that Cain had to have a wife that was either his sister or his daughter/sister. That is not insulting them. That is using the evidence of their own texts. Now if some "christians" find it insulting when people state the existence of such "idiocracies" in there texts, well, that is on them not me.

Oh yes...christians are such the persecuted group. They have insulted and attacked those that do not hold with their beliefs for hundreds of years. Now, when the tables are turned and they no longer have such dominating political might, the tables get turned on them and they start whining about it. They can dish it out but they can't take it. Poor bleepin babies. I don't know if you are a christian, but, you certainly fit right in with them in the whiny baby category. Poor AofG...you can dish it out, but, you can't take it. Hell, you still think trying to attack someone's sexuality makes for an "insult", by such use of the term "closet boy". Its an impotent attempt at an insult/attack....but, your failure is comical.
I'm not even the slightest bit religious, I'm pointing out your selective outrage. Nothing more.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #55
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
My point was that most gay crusaders like ESQ gloss over that Islam is way more intolerant of homosexuality and the Jewish religion is as intolerant of it as Christianity. The problem is, Muslims and Jews are part of the libteral coalition so they get a pass. I'd just like equal outrage and finger pointing, if that isn't too much to ask.

Supporting homosexuality as normal is scientific? Come on now, I already said I have no objection to gay marriage but that's just stupid. They aren't denying its existence.
So judeo-christian doesn't include jewish belief.....ok...whatever works for you.
Since islam draws from both jewish and christian sources for portions of their dogma I figure it is a given that they fall into that camp as well. However, for you sake would the term judeo-christian-islamic or jci for short, make you feel better. (After all, we all need to pat little AofG on the head and make you feel better that the evil people aren't just attacking your beloved christians, now don't we.)

And we are not dealing in abnormal, we are dealing with the abhorrent. Or has your position evolved?
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 04-02-2013 at 12:54 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #56
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
The NCAA is holding a tournament, omg I'm referring to it like it's a person!!!
The NCAA is a corporation (a non-profit corporation, but a corporation none the less.) So according to the USSC they are a person.

Witchita State blew up my bracket...the bastards!!!!

So who you pulling for in the final four?
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #57
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
The NCAA is a corporation (a non-profit corporation, but a corporation none the less.) So according to the USSC they are a person.

Witchita State blew up my bracket...the bastards!!!!

So who you pulling for in the final four?
Probably Syracuse, but I'm an NBA guy at heart.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
The NCAA is holding a tournament, omg I'm referring to it like it's a person!!!
Mark Emmert is the head of the NCAA. Who is the head of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #59
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 958
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Now we're getting to the core of the issue.
So what? He's not an elected official. At least for the time being, he's not much of a political figure.

He expressed his belief. Some people blew up and got butthurt about how he expressed his belief. Lets say he decided to apologize for offending them solely for the purpose of not hurting his foundation. There's nothing wrong with that. He hasn't rescinded his principles or said one thing/acted another.

FWIW, I disagree with his position. He's a brilliant man, but sometimes doctors should stick to doctoring. But it's stupid to try to look down on the guy over this "incident".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
My point was that most gay crusaders like ESQ gloss over that Islam is way more intolerant of homosexuality and the Jewish religion is as intolerant of it as Christianity. The problem is, Muslims and Jews are part of the libteral coalition so they get a pass. I'd just like equal outrage and finger pointing, if that isn't too much to ask.
I'm happy to crucify (seewatididthere) any religion that wishes to impinge on the civil rights of US citizens or impose it's religious views on others.

But there can be no doubt that the anti-gay marriage wagon in the US is pulled by dozens and dozens of Christian horses, and only a few Muslim and Jewish ones. So if one wants to target an adversary in this debate, one would be foolish to pick any group other than Christians. Trying to make a big deal over Muslim or Jewish participation/motivation would just be ineffective.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
Quote:
As a juror, do you think the trial was a publicity stunt?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #60
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Let us also not forget that there are non-religious people who are against gay marriage. Heck, my gay friends are split down the middle on it.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use