E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #61
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
so are his friends:

Omg HahahahaHahahaha

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #62
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOMPH! View Post
This thread makes me sick. The comments in here are ridiculous. Everyone jumping on the bandwagon in here acting like they never did anything stupid/foolish in their life. People make mistakes, some of us are lucky enough to escape unharmed and some of us aren't. R.I.P.
Pretty much. Zero respect... but it's E46OT.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #63
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
You know what I just realized? The kid had the car for 3.5 years! With zero speeding tickets on record. You know what, I'm going to have to give this kid the benefit of the doubt. Didn't bother doing the math earlier. I think he did an admirable job keeping things under control for so long. That's a damn shame.

No excuse for the bro not to go to college and the friends to keep skipping class though. Their parents worked hard to give them opportunities and they're just throwing it in the gutter.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #64
someguy_99

My Ride: E46,335Xi,Lambo,...
So ill buy that how much is he selling it for?

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson
someguy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #65
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by oomph! View Post
this thread makes me sick. The comments in here are ridiculous. Everyone jumping on the bandwagon in here acting like they never did anything stupid/foolish in their life. People make mistakes, some of us are lucky enough to escape unharmed and some of us aren't. R.i.p.
lol
Old 04-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #66
Chris3Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I thought you had an M3? You pm'd me a while back when I posted the waterpump DIY.
I wish! I read your pump DIY when my thermostat broke, and posted in the thread asking some questions, but no M3, only a 325CI. Still driving it, too (that was about a year ago. I did go ahead and replace the pump as well as the thermostat).

I didn't do the expansion tank at the time (did pretty much everything but that and the radiator), but I went ahead and ordered one the other day.

Anyway, an M3 is in my future, but it may be a few years if my wife and I have a second kid. Maybe I'll get a used E92 or something once my wife's Q5 is paid off.
Chris3Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #67
Chris3Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
undertones of hating the rich in this thread. Deal.
I beg to differ. It's not the price of the car that is the issue. If, for example, it had been something expensive but not as powerful, say a new Land Rover or something, I don't think you'd see the same reaction.

Same thing goes for a sportbike. You can get a liter sportbike for less than a Toyota Corolla, but what would you think of parents that gave their kid a YZF R1 for his high school graduation present?

As for the people talking about him not getting tickets, unfortunately, this accident perfectly fits the pattern of young, reckless drivers: powerful car, young kid, multiple friends in the car, middle of the night (4 in the morning), and speeding. He wasn't even on the highway; that bridge has multiple lights at each end.
Chris3Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #68
06E46M3
Banned User

My Ride: L;KL;KL;KL;LKL;;KLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
mixing a young driver and these types of cars is never a good idea.

21 year old girls will like a 535i the same as they do an m5.
i had a 535xi and that was ****ing fast. its easy to get in trouble in a car like that too at a young age
06E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #69
fayraree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3Duke View Post
As for the people talking about him not getting tickets, unfortunately, this accident perfectly fits the pattern of young, reckless drivers: powerful car, young kid, multiple friends in the car, middle of the night (4 in the morning), and speeding. He wasn't even on the highway; that bridge has multiple lights at each end.
but the fact that he owned this car from ages 18-22 without speeding tickets, doesn't that tell you that he's demonstrated some ability to avoid peer pressure or general recklessness--with the M5?

Last edited by fayraree; 04-02-2013 at 08:53 PM.
fayraree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #70
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
but the fact that he owned this car from ages 18-22 without speeding tickets, doesn't that tell you that he's demonstrated some ability to avoid peer pressure or general recklessness--with the M5?
No, just means he wasn't caught by the police.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #71
fayraree

^ respect to a kid who has the road awareness and sense to be able to do that for 3.5 years at a very young age.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #72
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Regardless of whether he was a reckless kid all the time or just made one fatal mistake, it's sad to see a young person die in a wreck. RIP.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #73
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Sad to see someone so young loose their life over reckless driving
Old 04-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #74
rosenrot88

My Ride: E63 M6
^ Sad but thats what happens when you give a over powering machine to some one who probably lacks the ability to operate it properly. This is a good time for his parents to think about the mistake they made. Its not about the fact that they got him the car but the carelessness to hand the keys over like he is Fernando Alonso. He should have gotten some professional lessons on a track with an instructor to prevent him from ending up dead.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #75
Saintluk2

My Ride: 2000 323i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Nothing, if the son wasn't a dumb fuck
How many of us are not doing stupid shiz at that age. We all know how awesome BMWs are at inspiring confidence.
Saintluk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #76
Fergo

If you look at my other post in this thread you will find the reason I don't drive recklessly

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #77
fayraree

yeah but not everyone received the benefit of your experience, so the majority would still need to learn the hard way...
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #78
Fergo

Which is sad

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Old 04-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #79
914kid

My Ride: many
You guys gotta relax, I knew the guy and and know his family. I see a strong amount jealous haters in this thread. I am sure all the guys in here always follow the speed limit and always uses the turn signals. We all make stupid mistakes especially when we are young. This could have happened in a M5, 525i or a civic.

But really some of the comments in this thread are disgusting. Especially you "fergo the mule", "The drivers seat is Imola"? Really dude, please grow up you stupid ******. I can only hope that one day someone VERY CLOSE to you crashes and dies due to speeding/poor judgement and I can't wait to see your reaction. No one cares you drove your dads **** AMG at age 16, I am sure you went fast in it, trying to act like a saint by claiming you followed all the rules must make you feel like a real big bad ass online. Grow up.
914kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #80
Fergo

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash

Last edited by Fergo; 04-05-2013 at 11:22 PM.