E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #21
BABY

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330 Cic
Cool, my first B'fest; looking forward to catching up for the caravan!
BABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #22
kingnima

My Ride: BMW e46 330i ZSP
last year this caravan stopped all lanes of traffic on the 134 heading to bimmerfest.. Gave BMW's & their drivers a god awful image..
kingnima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #23
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnima View Post
last year this caravan stopped all lanes of traffic on the 134 heading to bimmerfest.. Gave BMW's & their drivers a god awful image..
Because when hundreds of cars get on the freeway at the same time it's the make of the cars that fouls things up.

Last edited by Schlag96; 04-25-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #24
kingnima

My Ride: BMW e46 330i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
Because when hundreds of cars get on the freeway at the same time it's the make of the cars that fouls things up.
sorry it wasnt the 134 it was the 210 heading up the hill to Pasadena.. they stopped all lanes of traffic.

& i didnt know Calabasas was by the 210 lol

Last edited by kingnima; 04-25-2013 at 01:29 PM.
kingnima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
///Miller325ci

My Ride: 2005 Dinan-S2 325Ci
Talking

I AM IN... can't wait!!!
///Miller325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
Mango
Grand Superpatriot Sport+

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnima View Post
I agree. Last year an E90 sedan almost hit me because they were being dump and speeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABY View Post
Cool, my first B'fest; looking forward to catching up for the caravan!
Awesome! Leave 30 min prior to our caravan meet and you should be able to "catch up" to us pretty easily. Welcome to the fest!

Everyone else reading this: It is not a race. Do not race eachother on the freeway or do anything stupid. Bimmerfest will not run away from you. Chillax and enjoy the nice time driving as a group.

*Despite this warning given out online every year and in person at the meets, there's always a group of rowdy kids who don't listen*

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #27
ClaytonL

My Ride: 2003 325i
**Official 818/805 Caravan To Bimmerfest 2013**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
*Despite this warning given out online every year and in person at the meets, there's always a group of rowdy kids who don't listen*
I don't understand how kids/people could be that stupid. not only could I not afford to wreck my car, I'd never want to hurt my car in ANYWAY.

on a side note, I'm getting more excited as the days go on

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
MalibuMafiaV

My Ride: SCed E46 & E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I agree. Last year an E90 sedan almost hit me because they were being dump and speeding.

Awesome! Leave 30 min prior to our caravan meet and you should be able to "catch up" to us pretty easily. Welcome to the fest!

Everyone else reading this: It is not a race. Do not race eachother on the freeway or do anything stupid. Bimmerfest will not run away from you. Chillax and enjoy the nice time driving as a group.

Yeah it was like when I was cruising in my car last time. And two kids in a E46 M3 kept revving at me. Cool story bro I'm not going to race you unless you'd like to go to the track and not endanger every single person on the PUBLIC HIGHWAY.
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
MalibuMafiaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #29
zuckuss00

My Ride: K24Z7
Bump^

UUC Motorwerks | Vörsteiner | JLeviSW | VMR | DTM-Spec | Euro Dyne | ModBargains | EAS
zuckuss00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #30
J.J. 03 325ci

My Ride: 325ci
Bimmerfest sounds great, I been owning my 3 series for 5 years now and have never had a chance to go. But this time is sounding better and better. Ha ha ha. Don't know anyone thats going but glad to meet everyone!!
J.J. 03 325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #31
mad8277

My Ride: 330ci
I will be there again this year! looking forward to another great bimmerfest!
mad8277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #32
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Getting psyched. I may actually wash Betsy!
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #33
zuckuss00

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UUC Motorwerks | Vörsteiner | JLeviSW | VMR | DTM-Spec | Euro Dyne | ModBargains | EAS
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #34
JaYaRe

My Ride: goes, Brroom Brooom
see you guys there
Old 05-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #35
zuckuss00

2 Weeks!!!!!

Old 05-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #36
ThePoonTang

My Ride: Jet Black E39 M5
HI PEOPLE!

Alright everyone, with less than two weeks until Bimmerfest, I thought I'll just throw an update for everyone. As of right now, theres approximately 30+ confirmed cars just from forums. These are not including people via word of mouth etc. Again, to emphasize, please follow the rules. If anything bad were to happen, its only because carelessness happened. Be safe, be careful. Please be on time, show up as early as possible. I will be there at 7 am sharp and expect the group to leave at 8:15 sharp. Coming early is fun, you can talk, plan out later events, and see all the other cars....call it Bimmerfest Pre Show.

Per request by several, we could and probably will be using walkie talkies to communicate. Just simple motorola hand helds or similar brands will be good. Channel will be decided later closer to event date.

Every year I have went, this caravan ends up thinning out because people take different directions to the Rose Bowl. The route I am posting is what I believe is the best route because it has limited traffic lights and turns. Also, Seco St. is about 5 lanes wide so there's plenty of wiggle room. Its a fairly simple route. From our departure point, you take the 101 S > 134 E > 210 W >Exit Mountain St. >Left Onto Seco St. > Bimmerfest.

Thats literally 5 turns so its very simplistic.

Heres a map of the route.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...via=1,2,3&z=14

Some reminders as well... to not cast a bad image upon BMW drivers, unlike last years caravan, please refrain from cruising on the free way at 50 mph with your hazards on...It congests the freeway...what are you guys? Prius drivers? Stay the legal 65-70 mph and we will have a good time and so will the other drivers on the roads.

Check back on this thread a few days before the event for any updates.

Thank you

-AJ_nr_
ThePoonTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #37
Mango

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoonTang View Post
HI PEOPLE!

Alright everyone, with less than two weeks until Bimmerfest, I thought I'll just throw an update for everyone. As of right now, theres approximately 30+ confirmed cars just from forums. These are not including people via word of mouth etc. Again, to emphasize, please follow the rules. If anything bad were to happen, its only because carelessness happened. Be safe, be careful. Please be on time, show up as early as possible. I will be there at 7 am sharp and expect the group to leave at 8:15 sharp. Coming early is fun, you can talk, plan out later events, and see all the other cars....call it Bimmerfest Pre Show.

Per request by several, we could and probably will be using walkie talkies to communicate. Just simple motorola hand helds or similar brands will be good. Channel will be decided later closer to event date.

Every year I have went, this caravan ends up thinning out because people take different directions to the Rose Bowl. The route I am posting is what I believe is the best route because it has limited traffic lights and turns. Also, Seco St. is about 5 lanes wide so there's plenty of wiggle room. Its a fairly simple route. From our departure point, you take the 101 S > 134 E > 210 W >Exit Mountain St. >Left Onto Seco St. > Bimmerfest.

Some reminders as well... to not cast a bad image upon BMW drivers, unlike last years caravan, please refrain from cruising on the free way at 50 mph with your hazards on...It congests the freeway...what are you guys? Prius drivers? Stay the legal 65-70 mph and we will have a good time and so will the other drivers on the roads.

Thank you

-AJ_nr_
I think this needs more emphasis. People always take really bad routes and split up. Mostly due to people racing

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #38
vicariously13

My Ride: 2004 330ci
**Official 818/805 Caravan To Bimmerfest 2013**

For anyone in the inland empire: Bimmerfest May 18: Joe's Crab Shack in Rancho Cucamonga at 7:30am, followed by Donutman Fest (huge caravan meet, over 50 cars) at 8:05-8:30am, then headed out to Bimmerfest to get there when doors open at 9am!

No real mods... just loads of maintenance
vicariously13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #39
Mango

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicariously13 View Post
For anyone in the inland empire: Bimmerfest May 18: Joe's Crab Shack in Rancho Cucamonga at 7:30am, followed by Donutman Fest (huge caravan meet, over 50 cars) at 8:05-8:30am, then headed out to Bimmerfest to get there when doors open at 9am!

i don't understand why you'd post this in this thread?? might have better luck in posting in a thread for your area so the right people see it

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
ClaytonL

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoonTang View Post
HI PEOPLE!

Thank you

-AJ_nr_