Let's Talk Visiting Napa Valley - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Let's Talk Visiting Napa Valley

Want to take my wife there for her birthday this fall. What do I need to know, where to go, where to stay, where to eat, drink, etc? Also, most importantly, where to not bother going to?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Want to take my wife there for her birthday this fall. What do I need to know, where to go, where to stay, where to eat, drink, etc? Also, most importantly, where to not bother going to?
That's about an hour and a half from my home. So you will definitely need to set aside some time for a Fanatics meetup. Tell your wife she can stay at the hotel or something if she doesn't want to come along.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #3
fayraree
flock killer

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
Old 05-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #4
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
That's about an hour and a half from my home. So you will definitely need to set aside some time for a Fanatics meetup. Tell your wife she can stay at the hotel or something if she doesn't want to come along.
Griffin can meet up with your wife in the hotel while you are out doing boy things. He might even bring bring his wife so she can do girl things with your wife.

Oh, and French Laundry.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961

Last edited by Brucifer325; 05-01-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
If you guys won't ask then I will.

Nudes?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Do we have to

Sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk
Old 05-01-2017, 09:24 PM   #7
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Done. We'll be in touch when the time gets closer and I actually book this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
Griffin can meet up with your wife in the hotel while you are out doing boy things. He might even bring bring his wife so she can do girl things with your wife.

Oh, and French Laundry.
Eh, pass. But I'm happy to let griff's wife join in and let him watch. He'd probably be down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganFreeman View Post
If you guys won't ask then I will.

Nudes?
Of Griff? You'll have to ask him to PM them to you.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Go to one nice winery, summon the inner Indian and refuse to buy their overly inflated wine packages.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #9
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
It's a beautiful area. One of my most memorable motorcycle rides was riding through Russian River Valley when it was fully green and lush. I don't know anything about the breweries or wine, sorry.

k2pilot lives up there, I'm sure he can fill you in.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #10
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Some of our best vacations have been there. Stay mid valley like Yountville, Oakville or Rutherford. Book tastings and tours in advance and pick a day or two where you want to tie one on and get a driver. If you have a big enough group, rent a house, much more affordable.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:37 PM   #11
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
Castillo amorosa is very picturesque, it looks like a medieval castle. I don't know if you're into beer but you can hit up cool breweries through Sonoma.

Sent from my Pixel using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 05-02-2017, 08:41 AM   #12
trizzuth

My Ride: 234k, 16yr old B3AST
Napa Valley Beer Trip?

I think so! Forget the wine...
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #13
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Some of our best vacations have been there. Stay mid valley like Yountville, Oakville or Rutherford. Book tastings and tours in advance and pick a day or two where you want to tie one on and get a driver. If you have a big enough group, rent a house, much more affordable.
Thanks dude, good to hear that it's worth it to go there. There's likely going to be a group of 4 of us that we'll go there for a long weekend from Thursday through Sunday or something like that. Not sure about the house thing but if it makes sense, that's what we'll do.

Can you recommend any specific wineries/breweries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Napa Valley Beer Trip?

I think so! Forget the wine...
I'd definitely be down for that but she's not a beer fan. I'm sure we'll hit a few but this is for her bday so I need to halfway respect that lol.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 05-02-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #14
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
I know the OpusONE winery is in Oakville, check them out.

http://www.opusonewinery.com

Im not a drinker, but they are tasty.

You can also try to get into the higher end wineries like Scarecrow (J.J Cohn Estate) but those don't come up often. If you just want to booze it up there are lower end places you can visit that are still just as fun, just depends on how big a wine snob are.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #15
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Watch the movie Sideways before going.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:43 AM   #16
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
It's a beautiful area. One of my most memorable motorcycle rides was riding through Russian River Valley when it was fully green and lush. I don't know anything about the breweries or wine, sorry.

k2pilot lives up there, I'm sure he can fill you in.
He got sent to GTMO
Old 05-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
trizzuth

My Ride: 234k, 16yr old B3AST
Quote:
Thanks dude, good to hear that it's worth it to go there. There's likely going to be a group of 4 of us that we'll go there for a long weekend from Thursday through Sunday or something like that. Not sure about the house thing but if it makes sense, that's what we'll do.

I'd definitely be down for that but she's not a beer fan. I'm sure we'll hit a few but this is for her bday so I need to halfway respect that lol.
lol, brings wife to Napa Valley bday vacation to go wine sipping, breaks out and goes to have an E46Fanatic hang out with VaderDave instead.

Dave you should drive to them and bring some bottles of wine for pete's sake!
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM   #18
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:

The first time we went we did a lot of the big name wineries. It was cool and all but we really enjoyed the smaller operations the second time around. A mix of both would be great.

Big Names
Joseph Phelps
Shafer
Caymus
Newton

Smaller / Below the Radar Ones
Saddleback
Noah
Venge
Bell

Fvck all the corporate ones like Mondavi, Sterling, etc. Didn't do any breweries when we were there.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #19
Omnipotent

My Ride: 2014 335i
Send a message via AIM to Omnipotent
I like V. Sattui. One of my favorite chardonnays there and I am not a big white wine person (prefer Zin and Barbera).

They have a large outdoor area with food and tables so you can purchase a bottle, get some BBQ and camp out for a bit.

Check out Sonoma Valley also. Very close by. Different vibe. Not quite as touristy. One of my favorite wineries there is Gundlatch Bundshoe (not sure if I spelled correctly)

Last edited by Omnipotent; 05-02-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Omnipotent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #20
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
The first time we went we did a lot of the big name wineries. It was cool and all but we really enjoyed the smaller operations the second time around. A mix of both would be great.

Big Names
Joseph Phelps
Shafer
Caymus
Newton

Smaller / Below the Radar Ones
Saddleback
Noah
Venge
Bell

Fvck all the corporate ones like Mondavi, Sterling, etc. Didn't do any breweries when we were there.
How many can you conceivably do in a day? We only have 4 days to do stuff so I want to make the most of my time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
I like V. Sattui. One of my favorite chardonnays there and I am not a big white wine person (prefer Zin and Barbera).

They have a large outdoor area with food and tables so you can purchase a bottle, get some BBQ and camp out

Check out Sonoma also. Very close by. Different vibe. Not quite as touristy. One of my favorite there is Gundlatch Bundshoe (not sure if I spelled correctly)
While I'd love to go out to Sonoma, I don't think I'll have the time to do that on this trip but thanks for the recommendation.