E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #21
DBrown

My Ride: BMW 325 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
It's not worth fighting with dbags.
Three lessons learned:
1. don't reuse passwords
2. read user agreements
3. some people are dicks, even in Canada
Exactly my point, my password that was accessed is only used for accounts that If hacked would do no benefit to the hacker other than being able to post comments on my behalf. Which is why I am not worried or out for a lawsuit. All of my financial or any important accounts accounts for that matter have diffrent and more complicated passwords. Plus I guarantee if I were too start a lawsuit, it would be if no benefit because the person is likely living in his mothers basement and has nothing better to do than jack someone kijiji account over a hot link.

Emailing the admin of MaxBimmer I wouldn't mind doing. Anyone know how I could get his email ? Assuming he wasn't the one who did it

Last edited by DBrown; 04-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
Dave1027

My Ride: '06 IR 330ci zhp
Looks like your ad got hacked is all.
Dave1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #23
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
Highly unprofessional.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
oh, "what a hoser" eh.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
PeeweeCSHL

My Ride: 2004 330i Manual
Its funny, reading rules of the forum...

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Sounds like the mod should take his own advice.
PeeweeCSHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
TitaniumCranium
/// Limitless

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Not in it for the fight...

Before you read on, I'm not trolling and I'm not calling anyone out.

You NEED to do some detective work here. You need to identify the IP address subnet that made the change to the information on your kijiji page. All of this can be requested of the administrator on kijiji and once they understand your story they should be willing to assist without a court request.

You do not know for certain that any specific mod/admin on the MB site changed your information until you can create the link. You can only cast baseless allegations.

What's more, it is highly unlikely that the perpetrator that made the changes made them from the subnet that the MB site is on, but rather one of the mod/admins from the MB site made the changes from their work/home computers subnet. Once the correlations are made you can freely post your allegations based on fact on MB and let the sites kangaroo court deal with the turmoil that would be created. It's not a fight but justice.

/// MODS
/// Auto => 6-Spd Manual Conversion | Apex EC-7 | Koni/Ground Control Coilovers | Vorshlag Camber Plates | Meyle HD LCA | PowerFlex bushings | GruppeM CAI | Shark Injector | 6000k HID's and Fogs | BMW European MTechII | BMW Performance Shifter | ACS Mirrors and Rear Spoiler ///
TitaniumCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Moderators can't look up someones password. FYI.

At first I thought is this kid really whining? But then I kept reading and then I LoL'd.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #28
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Read this before going on a rampage

I'm going to tell you a well known secret.
You should NOT post the URL link from the Kijiji ad from your browser RIGHT after creating it.
This gives anyone who clicks on your link access to "Edit Ad" at the top of the page, and access to your entire account.

I can almost certainly guarantee you this was not a moderator from Maxbimmer, but rather just someone who came across your ad and decided to troll you. I have clicked on other people's Kijiji links before to see that it brings up their personal account. However, I usually PM members to let them know instead of being an asshat.

This is a design fault of Kijiji, in that it relies on the URL and not on cookies stored on your local computer for access.

Last edited by ac_2007; 04-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post

You should NOT post the URL link from the Kijiji ad from your browser RIGHT after creating it.
This gives anyone who clicks on your link access to "Edit Ad" at the top of the page, and access to your entire account.

I can almost certainly guarantee you this was not a moderator from Maxbimmer, but rather just someone who came across your ad and decided to troll you. I have clicked on other people's Kijiji links before to see that it brings up their personal account. However, I usually PM members to let them know instead of being an asshat.

This is a design fault of Kijiji, in that it relies on the URL and not on cookies stored on your local computer for access.

You beat me to it!!!
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #30
peytonracer4

My Ride: '00 328i
They take this stuff SERIOUSLY these days. I can take a joke too but that was too far. Was your contact info on that ad? Honestly? I'd sue that POS. even though I'm sure you're not gay, this could be considered a hate crime of sorts.
I'd take action.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #31
chudzikb

My Ride: 04 330ci
Moral of the story, don't mess with our neighbors to the north. I always thought they were just a little more level headed than we are here. Guess there are exceptions to every rule...

Not right, no one should do that for any reason.
chudzikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #32
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:

OP got trolled so hard.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #33
DBrown

Quote:

Wow was not aware of this, neverless still changed by one of the mods on maxbimmer even if he was able to edit my ad without my password. That's a serious glitch on kijijis end then. I'm over it now anyway. I made my point.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #34
DBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
They take this stuff SERIOUSLY these days. I can take a joke too but that was too far. Was your contact info on that ad? Honestly? I'd sue that POS. even though I'm sure you're not gay, this could be considered a hate crime of sorts.
I'd take action.
Yeah even if it was a kijiji glitch that allowed him to do this, still his motivation was because I hot linked a kijiji ad. One hell of an ego, ah whatever I'm not interested in any legal action haha too much hassle.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Hahahaha, OP gets owned by his own idiocy and blames it on a Moderator.

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
M-Audio, Power Sunshades, GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS
Past:
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver on Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black on Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #36
ac_2007

^

He basically just posted his personal confirmation link to the world via forum.
Theoretically OP could be the one sued for slander.. I have no opinion on this.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #37
DBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg2247 View Post
Hahahaha, OP gets owned by his own idiocy and blames it on a Moderator.
Yes I was unaware that this flaw existed on kijiji this is the first car ive listed on kijiji usually only use autotrader. If you read the whole description in the attached pic in the end it's signed by "troll/moderator of maxbimmer". I'm not accusing someone at random.

I'm really not trying to start something with anyone, I'm not trying find the guy or take any action. Whoever did this signed it as "the moderator of maxbimmer" other than the title of this thread I'm not slandering, simply telling my side of the story. At this point now I feel pretty stupid because of not knowing that flaw was there on kijiji, so I have to sit here and deal with my own idiocracy. Either way modifying my ad in such a way and signing it as whoever did. Shows very little class in my opinion as the title of the thread says.

Last edited by DBrown; 04-05-2013 at 04:27 PM.
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #38
ac_2007

"Bitches ain't shiit but hoes and tricks"
-Ghandi
Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Moderators can't look up someones password. FYI.

At first I thought is this kid really whining? But then I kept reading and then I LoL'd.
Same. Some of the things in the trolling made me laugh pretty hard. Imagine coming across that as a potential buyer, lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
Yes I was unaware that this flaw existed on kijiji this is the first car ive listed on kijiji usually only use autotrader. If you read the whole description in the attached pic in the end it's signed by "troll/moderator of maxbimmer". I'm not accusing someone at random.

I'm really not trying to start something with anyone, I'm not trying find the guy or take any action. Whoever did this signed it as "the moderator of maxbimmer" other than the title of this thread I'm not slandering, simply telling my side of the story. At this point now I feel pretty stupid because of not knowing that flaw was there on kijiji, so I have to sit here and deal with my own idiocracy. Either way modifying my ad in such a way and signing it as whoever did. Shows very little class in my opinion as the title of the thread says.
I highly doubt any of the active mods would do that AND then publicly sign off on it. That would be extremely stupid. Not impossible, but stupid. It's more likely that someone saw your listing through max and edited it to troll you.

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
M-Audio, Power Sunshades, GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS
Past:
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver on Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black on Black

Last edited by TiAg2247; 04-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #40
Brevik
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Tiag M3
That ad is actually pretty funny
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacked, kijiji