E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #41
DBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 245
My Ride: BMW 325 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg2247 View Post
I highly doubt any of the active mods would do that AND then publicly sign off on it. That would be extremely stupid. Not impossible, but stupid. It's more likely that someone saw your listing through max and edited it to troll you.
I agree would be very stupid. Everything you say I totally think makes perfect sense. I just wonder why someone would throw the mod of the site under the bus if they were interested in trolling me. Especially if it was a member of the site. Anyway I find it very interesting how this is changing from what I thought really happened. I'm still so surprised my te kijiji URL thing
__________________
2001 325 Ci
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #42
tdott
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.dot
Posts: 6
My Ride: e46
DBrown, I was the mod on Maxbimmer that deleted your thread because it was clearly in violation of forum rules. The rules are there for a reason and to improve the quality of the classifies section on our forum. As you mentioned, Max is one of the biggest community of BMW owners/enthusiast in Canada and if you followed our rules correctly you'd have access to your target market to sell your car.

Now with all the allegations, I just wanted to clear up that no mod can see your password in plain text, that accusation is just absurd. Passwords are encrypted when stored in the database and even if a mod had direct access to the database (which they don't), they couldn't read your password. This is pretty much industry standard for any legit applications such as those running forum websites.

I found all the uninformed bandwagon jumpers kinda funny, also very stereotypical of sue happy Americans.

BTW, I can still see your deleted ad where you posted the link that allows anyone to edit your kijiji ad, anyone that saw your post before I got to it, or if you pasted the same link on other forums, anyone that saw the link and clicked on it could have done it. Quite frankly I didn't even click on the link before I deleted your thread, as I don't have time to waste nor was I interested in your ad. I did send you a PM telling you why your ad was deleted as we get a ton of new users who don't read the rules before posting. My PM was to inform you of that.

I suggest you close that ad and start a new one, hopefully next time you will take the time to create a proper for sale thread when you post on another forum, it is just common courtesy and your buyers will thank you and your item will sell faster.


Last edited by tdott; 04-05-2013 at 08:13 PM.
tdott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #43
TiAg2247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 2,297
My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
And there we have it. Lol @ all the idiots who started bashing out of blind, baseless, herd-mentality. People really oughta think more. But then again, this is the internet where the socially - and more often than not, intellectually inept - run rampant.
__________________


Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
M-Audio, Power Sunshades, GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red


Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #44
tdott
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.dot
Posts: 6
My Ride: e46
lol just read the kijiji edited ad. The person signed maxbimmer mod, trolling for sure. That wasn't me.

Last edited by tdott; 04-05-2013 at 08:11 PM.
tdott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #45
Megalocnus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,963
My Ride: 05 330i ZHP/MT
Lol.

What's the moral of the story? Don't sell your car.
You'll be a happier person for not having to deal with internet trolls and potential buyers, and for driving the car to the ground.
Megalocnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,287
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
So... Are you willing to part out? Interested in your fleshlight


__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #47
DBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 245
My Ride: BMW 325 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
lol just read the kijiji edited ad. The person signed maxbimmer mod, trolling for sure. That wasn't me.
I'm sorry for the confusion then and jumping to assumptions that it was you then. I based my assumptions on the signature. This was my first experience with maxbimmer. So at the time did anger me (not the deletion of my post, I understand that just the modification of my ad) but im over now and my little experince with kijiji shows. I did get your pm after reading the terms of use I noticed I needed to make 25 posts before I could post in classifieds so I didn't bother making a new ad beacause I didn't meet this condition on MaxBimmer. I will quickly take it down. I was under the assumption that my ad was only editable to me based on my cookies when I would review it.

I'm not gonna say that I wasn't accusing you / any other possible moderator because I was. I'm sorry. I posted on this forum actually hoping that you would see it. I told the story as I saw it at the time. I wanted to get your attention because i was angry / get some type of small internet justice. Based on what I saw at the time made my conclusions based off of the signature mostly. Anyway, thanks for clarifying things.

And it's funny how we don't even consider lawsuits eh ? I was never even thinking that hahaha
__________________
2001 325 Ci
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #48
DBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 245
My Ride: BMW 325 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
So... Are you willing to part out? Interested in your fleshlight


Used twice man ! That's nasty haha
__________________
2001 325 Ci

Last edited by DBrown; 04-05-2013 at 09:15 PM.
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #49
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,287
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
Used twice man ! That's nasty haha
I've been with worse
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #50
Nightmare5336
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 741
My Ride: e46 with a slushy
Cliffs?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc336 View Post
DUMB YOUR MOM.
Nightmare5336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #51
MJLavelle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,753
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
I'm sorry for the confusion then and jumping to assumptions that it was you then. I based my assumptions on the signature. This was my first experience with maxbimmer. So at the time did anger me (not the deletion of my post, I understand that just the modification of my ad) but im over now and my little experince with kijiji shows. I did get your pm after reading the terms of use I noticed I needed to make 25 posts before I could post in classifieds so I didn't bother making a new ad beacause I didn't meet this condition on MaxBimmer. I will quickly take it down. I was under the assumption that my ad was only editable to me based on my cookies when I would review it.

I'm not gonna say that I wasn't accusing you / any other possible moderator because I was. I'm sorry. I posted on this forum actually hoping that you would see it. I told the story as I saw it at the time. I wanted to get your attention because i was angry / get some type of small internet justice. Based on what I saw at the time made my conclusions based off of the signature mostly. Anyway, thanks for clarifying things.

And it's funny how we don't even consider lawsuits eh ? I was never even thinking that hahaha
Wait a minute. How did your password get out then? Was it something easily hacked? You may as well post it here, since you have abandoned it.
I ask because who else would have had reason to hack your ad? Do you have anyone else to suspect? If so, how did they get your password? Unless it was something absurdly easy, like 1234, or your name, then there is still reason to suspect something funny going on.
I am not at all surprised to see this guy show up on here to defend himself, but I am still wondering who else would go to the trouble to hack something so obscure. It still smells funny to me. So, was your password something completely obvious?

Let me put this another way - it was done in his name, he had access to your password (despite his claim), and he still seems to have a bug up his a$$ about you posting the ad the wrong way.
That adds up to motive, means, and opportunity.
So, was your password so absurdly hackable that any moron from that site could have cracked it? Or, was it sufficiently obscure that it is odd that someone got it? Also, is it something that a friend/roommate would know, and it is possible that someone you know is messing with you?
Because the fact he came on here, and said "it wasn't me" is perfectly understandable, even if it was him (especially if it was him). So, I am curious as to why you accepted the apology so quickly, based on a simple denial. Is that just a polite Canadian thing, or is there more to this? Someone has Admin rights to that DB, and can see unencrypted passwords. I have worked on DB's for years, and there is nothing that is encrypted, with sufficient admin rights. I have had scary amounts of access to personal info, for things way more serious and regulated than a damn forum, so that is BS.

Last edited by MJLavelle; 04-05-2013 at 11:36 PM.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #52
DBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 245
My Ride: BMW 325 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Wait a minute. How did your password get out then? Was it something easily hacked? You may as well post it here, since you have abandoned it.
I ask because who else would have had reason to hack your ad? Do you have anyone else to suspect? If so, how did they get your password? Unless it was something absurdly easy, like 1234, or your name, then there is still reason to suspect something funny going on.
I am not at all surprised to see this guy show up on here to defend himself, but I am still wondering who else would go to the trouble to hack something so obscure. It still smells funny to me. So, was your password something completely obvious?
See that's the thing apparently with kijiji ads that are recently created, you can actually modify them without any password at all, by just having the link which i happened to post on MaxBimmer. My password was not easily guessed. So my password was never let out then, yes my password was the same for MaxBimmer and the kijiji account, but thanks to the flaw with kijiji whoever did this could modify my ad without needing that password anyway. I assumed they got my password off of MaxBimmer because it was the same password and i was under the impression that on kijiji you actually needed to be logged in as me to modify my ad. I still think the bigger question is who from MaxBimmer actually saw my ad because obviously someone from MaxBimmer did this, or else why would they mention it in the sig? and why would they throw the mod under the bus too? and how many people could have even potentially seen my ad on MaxBimmer considering it was live for only a few hours?

Some details are still missing here, we'll see what happens. But I'm trying to reserve judgement now and not blame anyone. Something is still a little fishy though.
__________________
2001 325 Ci

Last edited by DBrown; 04-05-2013 at 11:42 PM.
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #53
MJLavelle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,753
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
lol just read the kijiji edited ad. The person signed maxbimmer mod, trolling for sure. That wasn't me.
Until the OP provides another reasonable way for his password being used, you need to keep your lol to yourself.
Douchebags always deny being douchebags when they are caught. Because, being douchebags makes them believe they can just BS a wider audience. So, you are not cleared yet IMO, and you are definitely not in lol territory yet.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #54
DBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 245
My Ride: BMW 325 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Let me put this another way - it was done in his name, he had access to your password (despite his claim), and he still seems to have a bug up his a$$ about you posting the ad the wrong way.
That adds up to motive, means, and opportunity.
So, was your password so absurdly hackable that any moron from that site could have cracked it? Or, was it sufficiently obscure that it is odd that someone got it? Also, is it something that a friend/roommate would know, and it is possible that someone you know is messing with you?
Because the fact he came on here, and said "it wasn't me" is perfectly understandable, even if it was him (especially if it was him). So, I am curious as to why you accepted the apology so quickly, based on a simple denial. Is that just a polite Canadian thing, or is there more to this? Someone has Admin rights to that DB, and can see unencrypted passwords. I have worked on DB's for years, and there is nothing that is encrypted, with sufficient admin rights. I have had scary amounts of access to personal info, for things way more serious and regulated than a damn forum, so that is BS.
6 character password, acronym, pretty much random letters, and the only person who would know that password is my gf. Used that password for 8 years straight on multiple sites, never hacked. Only recently I've been changing passwords due to websites requiring longer more complicated passwords.

That's partially it right there, I'm apologizing because simply I don't have enough evidence to convict. I don't. So I just want to stay in the clear. I don't want a fight like I said, I'm putting my story out there let the people decide what to think. I don't want to be portrayed as slandering this guy, because if he is innocent, he shouldn't be slandered. So I've apologized because in a sense i did slander him and can't prove him guilty, i assume it was him without possibly enough evidence and that is wrong to do, i think at least. I don't want to accuse anyone who doesn't deserve to be, and i kinda did that originally so I apologize to him for that.

I'm just putting my story out there , not to whine, not to catch someone (well maybe if it works out haha) but really because its quite the story and it's related to the BMW community. I''l let people deduce what they want to.
__________________
2001 325 Ci

Last edited by DBrown; 04-06-2013 at 12:01 AM.
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #55
TiAg2247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 2,297
My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Wait a minute. How did your password get out then? Was it something easily hacked? You may as well post it here, since you have abandoned it.
I ask because who else would have had reason to hack your ad? Do you have anyone else to suspect? If so, how did they get your password? Unless it was something absurdly easy, like 1234, or your name, then there is still reason to suspect something funny going on.
I am not at all surprised to see this guy show up on here to defend himself, but I am still wondering who else would go to the trouble to hack something so obscure. It still smells funny to me. So, was your password something completely obvious?

Let me put this another way - it was done in his name, he had access to your password (despite his claim), and he still seems to have a bug up his a$$ about you posting the ad the wrong way.
That adds up to motive, means, and opportunity.
So, was your password so absurdly hackable that any moron from that site could have cracked it? Or, was it sufficiently obscure that it is odd that someone got it? Also, is it something that a friend/roommate would know, and it is possible that someone you know is messing with you?
Because the fact he came on here, and said "it wasn't me" is perfectly understandable, even if it was him (especially if it was him). So, I am curious as to why you accepted the apology so quickly, based on a simple denial. Is that just a polite Canadian thing, or is there more to this? Someone has Admin rights to that DB, and can see unencrypted passwords. I have worked on DB's for years, and there is nothing that is encrypted, with sufficient admin rights. I have had scary amounts of access to personal info, for things way more serious and regulated than a damn forum, so that is BS.
This post is hilarious. "Motive, means, and opportunity." Hahahahaha. Ignorance is bliss.
__________________


Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
M-Audio, Power Sunshades, GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red


Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #56
TiAg2247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 2,297
My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Until the OP provides another reasonable way for his password being used, you need to keep your lol to yourself.
Douchebags always deny being douchebags when they are caught. Because, being douchebags makes them believe they can just BS a wider audience. So, you are not cleared yet IMO, and you are definitely not in lol territory yet.
You're my new favourite poster. Please keep the entertainingly ludicrous posts coming

PS. You may want to remove your head from your rectum: OP posted his ad on max with a direct link allowing ANY viewer to edit his listing. No password or any login info was required to modify his ad, as per the post on Page 2 about how Kijiji listings work.
__________________


Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
M-Audio, Power Sunshades, GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red


Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by TiAg2247; 04-06-2013 at 12:05 AM.
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #57
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,627
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Hay guyz wutz gkingonhere
__________________
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #58
MJLavelle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,753
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
See that's the thing apparently with kijiji ads that are recently created, you can actually modify them without any password at all, by just having the link which i happened to post on MaxBimmer. My password was not easily guessed. So my password was never let out then, yes my password was the same for MaxBimmer and the kijiji account, but thanks to the flaw with kijiji whoever did this could modify my ad without needing that password anyway. I assumed they got my password off of MaxBimmer because it was the same password and i was under the impression that on kijiji you actually needed to be logged in as me to modify my ad. I still think the bigger question is who from MaxBimmer actually saw my ad because obviously someone from MaxBimmer did this, or else why would they mention it in the sig? and why would they throw the mod under the bus too? and how many people could have even potentially seen my ad on MaxBimmer considering it was live for only a few hours?

Some details are still missing here, we'll see what happens. But I'm trying to reserve judgement now and not blame anyone. Something is still a little fishy though.
Now it makes sense. That is some very lax security on the kijiji site.
And you do have a point that it was obviously a Maxbimmer member who did it, but it does get the mod off the hook, for the most part.
But that is one messed up member, to do that over such a minor lapse in protocol. I mean, we have some hardcore wingnuts on here, but that sort of behavior makes Mango seem like Ghandi by comparison. No offense Mango, but you were the most hard a$$ed person that jumped to mind, but you would be a conservative on that forum, apparently!
You are better off here. We may be juvenile at times, but we are not outright Neanderthals.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #59
MJLavelle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,753
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg2247 View Post
You're my new favourite poster. Please keep the entertainingly ludicrous posts coming

PS. You may want to remove your head from your rectum: OP posted his ad on max with a direct link allowing ANY viewer to edit his listing. No password or any login info was required to modify his ad, as per the post on Page 2 about how Kijiji listings work.
I missed that email, I will admit. The OP just filled me in. I posted a reasonable reply.
As for your other comments, please post your homoerotic fantasies about my ass on your "special secret" Facebook account.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #60
TiAg2247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: YYZ / ORD
Posts: 2,297
My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Refers to another member as a douchebag "with a bug up his a$$." Says my posts are unreasonable.

Makes sense.
__________________


Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
M-Audio, Power Sunshades, GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red


Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black

Last edited by TiAg2247; 04-06-2013 at 12:44 AM.
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hacked, kijiji

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use