E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #41
raichean

My Ride: 2004 e46 M3 cabrio
Thanks my friend, I will definitely check that out! I am hearing the UUC model is also really good?
raichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #42
raichean

Ordered the smoked corner LED lenses (going with white instead of amber) and the blacked out gills and grills today! *Grin*
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #43
///M Powerd

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Ordered the smoked corner LED lenses (going with white instead of amber) and the blacked out gills and grills today! *Grin*
I find amber blends with the side markers and tail lights but to each their own.
///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #44
raichean

So the irony is that I just ordered amber now that I look at the email.. *laugh* forgot to update that field. DANG IT! Well I just emailed Khaolty to switch to white..
Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #45
braaang

My Ride: E46 M3
a generic upgrade path would be thus:
1. get on top of maintenance
2. eliminate system bottlenecks (of which the m3 doesnt have many)
3. upgrade based on preferences

that way you don't waste money on an exhaust while your rear S/Frame remains unreinforced, and not trying to tune an engine that's down on power due to blocked injectors.
braaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #46
raichean

Quote:
Originally Posted by braaang View Post
a generic upgrade path would be thus:
1. get on top of maintenance
2. eliminate system bottlenecks (of which the m3 doesnt have many)
3. upgrade based on preferences

that way you don't waste money on an exhaust while your rear S/Frame remains unreinforced, and not trying to tune an engine that's down on power due to blocked injectors.
So those are those reinforcement plates I have seen in a couple of other threads? Kinda oval plates from the Z4 I believe? I asked on those threads if that is a "must do" for reinforcement, but the reply was only if I see issues. (Granted I haven't checked yet)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #47
braaang

according to some websites, s/frame strengthening is highly recommended if the car is to be driven hard, and /or coilovers fitted.
as i see it, better to do this as a preventative measure, than doing it as part of a subframe repair (big $$$ i'm told)
read up on turner motorsports' website regarding this.
cheers
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #48
raichean

Holy WELDING batman! The parts are relatively cheap, but damn, way beyond my ability to do!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #49
braaang

lol, i can't weld for nuts either.
but, my plan will be to strip the rear down (can do), cut out the sheet panels in boot (can do) and get a mobile welder to come around and weld up what's required.
then, just prime and paint where its been welded and put everything back together again. do a wheel alignment, and you've saved yourself a few hundred $$.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #50
raichean

Ok.. blacked out kidney grills and side gills installed (daaayaaam!) and smoked LED front markers go in tonight.

And yes.. the new white front bumper reflectors gotta go. They were a nice change from the egg yellow when the front markers are clear white, but now definitely gotta go. Is the only place to get matching painted reflectors Khoalty? Just ordered those other parts from them, but do NOT like the fact they haven't responded to me trying to contact them.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #51
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
And yes.. the new white front bumper reflectors gotta go. They were a nice change from the egg yellow when the front markers are clear white, but now definitely gotta go. Is the only place to get matching painted reflectors Khoalty? Just ordered those other parts from them, but do NOT like the fact they haven't responded to me trying to contact them.
Find a local auto parts store that makes custom paint cans and have one made with the IR color code. Hit the clear ones with a couple coats of paint and you'll have painted reflectors for less than ordering them.

Alternatively you can smoke the reflectors. I have the smoked reflectors on my car ($10 on sale from one of the major vendors, I forget) and like them. I smoked my side markers and turn signals myself, $10 using a spray can.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #52
raichean

Ordered Lamin-X film for the front reflectors, side markers and tail light lenses to all tie everything together..

She is really coming together, after 9 hours of detailing yesterday!

WP_20130429_002
Old 04-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #53
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
hey man I saw you ordered the gills so didn't pm you back, my bad. How you like them? I think it works on the red!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #54
raichean

No worries at all and after looking over the matte, I decided to go for it instead of the piano, and am VERY glad at this point. Whole feeling of the car changed with the reduction of silver/shiny!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #55
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I've begun my black out of my carbon black, finally was able to afford exhaust / rims etc. Will have a thread up in a week or so with the changes. Need to get paint matched front grills, but I love the subtle chrome on the gills so I'll leave that.

Big change to go from chrome fronts to paint matched or matte!

Last edited by dabears; 04-29-2013 at 01:17 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #56
raichean

Ok.. except for the front corner reflectors, the lamin-X is installed and looking great, covering front and rear badges and rear lenses. I still need to smoke front corner reflectors and side markers tonight, and will post up fresh pictures. My partner, who isn't really a "car" gal, even notices.. walked out in the garage and went WOAH.. The Demon is looking GREAT!

*grin*
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #57
raichean

random thoughts for 60k and the obvious valve adjustment that I will have a shop do. Inspection 2 is due then too, and look to do most or all of it myself.

Additional thoughts on what I should do?
1. Transmission fluid change? (and CDV delete while I am there?)
2. Brake fluid flush?
3. Spark plugs and wires and/or coils?
4. Radiator flush?
5. Fuel filter change?

Changed air filter and cabin filter just recently so those wont be due then.

Last edited by raichean; 05-14-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #58
raichean

Anyone know of an itemized maintenance list? I searched the forums, but am building out a list of everything I need to do for the future.. oil changes every 5k, valves at 60k, filters and so on. I am building an excel chart with all of the intervals to track and see what is coming. Vanos filter every 30k it says?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #59
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Anyone know of an itemized maintenance list? I searched the forums, but am building out a list of everything I need to do for the future.. oil changes every 5k, valves at 60k, filters and so on. I am building an excel chart with all of the intervals to track and see what is coming. Vanos filter every 30k it says?
M3F has a sticky with all of this. Share the file after, I'd like a better way of keeping track than leaving myself mental notes
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #60
raichean

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
M3F has a sticky with all of this. Share the file after, I'd like a better way of keeping track than leaving myself mental notes
So building an excel spreadsheet that I will likely end up sharing for validation as well. For example, after reviewing M3Fs list, it says service 1s include valve adjustments as well? Maybe that is the case, but that means every 30k they need a valve adjustment?! woah.