E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Planned Parenthood Testifies They Support Post-Birth Abortion

Quote:
In a stunning moment of honesty for an organization that is usually so careful to cloak its abortion practice with other more benign services, Planned Parenthood publicly supported allowing a baby born alive after a botched abortion to be killed.

A lobbyist for Planned Parenthood affiliates in Florida testified last week against legislation aimed at protecting the life of an infant born alive after an attempted abortion.

Here is the actual testimony of Planned Parenthood lobbyist Alisa LaPolt Snow to Florida legislators, as reported by the Weekly Standard:

Quote:
"[I]t is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I'm almost in disbelief," said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?"

"We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow. . . .

Rep. Jose Oliva followed up, asking the Planned Parenthood official, "You stated that a baby born alive on a table as a result of a botched abortion that that decision should be left to the doctor and the family. Is that what you're saying?"

Again, Snow replied, "That decision should be between the patient and the health care provider.
She unmistakably repeats her answer several times. The official position of Planned Parenthood is that life of a baby born alive after a botched abortion, struggling for life on the abortion clinic table, should be legally in the hands of the doctor, the mother, and her family - despite the fact that the baby has now been born. Then, after these repeated assertions, she appears to suddenly realize what she has been openly advocating.
Link : http://aclj.org/planned-parenthood/p...irth-abortions

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 04-05-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1365204039
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
This woman is a monster.

With advances in technology, genetic testing is going on all the time. Word on the street is they've been testing to detect a "gay gene".

Let's say this "gay gene" is found and can be detected in-utero. Would the left still hold the same position as "it's the woman's choice" and that it's not really a life or would they start wetting themselves in the corner screaming because a woman chose to abort a little gay person?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Post-birth abortions are a little outside even my moral compass.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
5ynd1cat3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Because it's murder?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
Because it's murder?

Well yeah, obv. I'm just pretty liberal with the abortion stuff and even this shocks me. Oddly enough, these are the same types of people that want to incarcerate parents who spank their kids. GO figure

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 04-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
5ynd1cat3

Some John Holdren sh!t right here.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Act of God

facebook post, I do not verify validity

Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #8
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
This woman is a monster.

With advances in technology, genetic testing is going on all the time. Word on the street is they've been testing to detect a "gay gene".

Let's say this "gay gene" is found and can be detected in-utero. Would the left still hold the same position as "it's the woman's choice" and that it's not really a life or would they start wetting themselves in the corner screaming because a woman chose to abort a little gay person?
Yes, it is a women's choice. Full stop. Hell, I don't see why all of you have your knickers in a bunch over this.

I do however disagree with PP's statement. Any decision that's made should be left up to the woman and the physician, anybody else, including the rest of her family should be told to go pound sand.

Hell, I'd prefer the murder definition be egally changed and up to 7 days post delivery the mother should be allowed to drown the kid in a bucket.

Think what it would save the taxpayers....think of the taxpayers!!!

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #9
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post

Hell, I'd prefer the murder definition be egally changed and up to 7 days post delivery the mother should be allowed to drown the kid in a bucket.

You're insane, and that isn't hyperbole. Let me guess, if I kill a pregnant woman it's still double murder though right?

Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #10
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
I think you would have to more open minded and actually read what was said. They are talking about a botched abortion that "came out".It sounds more like a mutilated fetus that is now outside the womb and NOT a healthy baby brought to term and then smothered.

The media as usual portrays reality as horror and evil for the purpose of fueling uninformed deabates and publicity ratings.
sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
I think you would have to more open minded and actually read what was said. They are talking about a botched abortion that "came out".It sounds more like a mutilated fetus that is now outside the womb and NOT a healthy baby brought to term and then smothered.

The media as usual portrays reality as horror and evil for the purpose of fueling uninformed deabates and publicity ratings.
Read Post #8 here

Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

^ Ok,now what? Some stranger on the internet said an opinion that wasn't directly relevent to the actual topic of a botched aborted fetus. His comment was provoked into this thread by the media's artically sensationalizing a specific event just to spark opinions like that. Planned Parenthood has in NO WAY advocated murder of a healthy full term born baby and I think that women is being demonized by the uninformed public.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #13
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:

That may be a safe assumption, but it's an assumption. The article doesn't specify anything about the baby being mutilated during the botched abortion, it is equally safe to assume this is a live viable baby they're talking about killing.

A "mutilated fetus" born alive is still born alive. What's next? A baby born with a cleft palate birth defect can be killed by the mother if she so chooses? If we go with this theory, where to we move the point of life beginning? Once the "post separation fetus" leaves the birthing room it's considered alive? Maybe only after leaving the hospital?
Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Yes, it is a women's choice. Full stop. Hell, I don't see why all of you have your knickers in a bunch over this.

I do however disagree with PP's statement. Any decision that's made should be left up to the woman and the physician, anybody else, including the rest of her family should be told to go pound sand.

mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

It seems pretty clear to me. A botched abortion means an abortion that went wrong somewhere. It does not mean a baby being born with a cleft pallet or deformaty should be killed. The words were "botched abortion" I'm not sure how some can dig so deeply into those words to alter the true meaning and create a hypothetical senerio that doesn't exist to get all up in arms about.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Act of God

Quote:
It seems pretty clear to me. A botched abortion means an abortion that went wrong somewhere. It does not mean a baby being born with a cleft pallet or deformaty should be killed. The words were "botched abortion" I'm not sure how some can dig so deeply into those words to alter the true meaning and create a hypothetical senerio that doesn't exist to get all up in arms about.

You're interjecting your interpretation into the argument, without even a shred of curiosity as to what the truth is.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:

Botched abortion means one with an undesired outcome. With no further information, and knowing only that they're referring to a baby born alive, it is equally probable that the baby is born viable or "mutilated"
Old 04-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:

Did you watch the video? The politician says nothing of birth defects in his question and the response includes NOTHING on defects. You're stretching to justify the comments made by a nutjob.

I'm fiscally conservative but am pro gay-rights and am in favor of legal abortions.... But I could NEVER side with the whack job in the video... Who was sent to portray the views of planned parenthood.. A group that has been pushing "what's acceptable" for years.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #19
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Quote:
You're insane, and that isn't hyperbole. Let me guess, if I kill a pregnant woman it's still double murder though right?

As far as I am concerned it never should be double murder..

Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Quote:
^ Ok,now what? Some stranger on the internet said an opinion that wasn't directly relevent to the actual topic of a botched aborted fetus. His comment was provoked into this thread by the media's artically sensationalizing a specific event just to spark opinions like that. Planned Parenthood has in NO WAY advocated murder of a healthy full term born baby and I think that women is being demonized by the uninformed public.

PP has (at least since the mid-70's when I got involved in the abortion debate and started donating to PP) virtually always held the position that any abortion "decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician." They are not the morality police and rightfully so. They are making health services available at low cost, not moral judgements. PP held the same position during the arguments on the partial-brith abortion ban. Which, IMO, is a ban that certainly should be lifted immediately if not sooner. One can only hope that congress and Obama evolve their position on that.