E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
Blind_Shooter

My Ride: is your sister
No Arm Rest and No Fold Down seat...

Has anyone attempted a custom rear armrest or ski pass by cutting into the leather?

I realized I could knock out the metal piece in the back seat for where the
armrest would go. Has anyone done this before? Trying to get more bass
inside the cabin, as removing the rear speakers still isn't doing the trick.

I've already dynamatted the trunk and back deck. It has made some difference

Blind_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
sfcjetjr

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
You can remove the foam on the back of the leather comes out easy. Will give u what your wanting as long as you don't carry a passenger in the center section no support but leather still there. Replace foam when selling and seal it back up.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
Blind_Shooter

I just went and knocked it out anyways lol. Didnt make that much of a significant difference as my rear deck speakers have already been pulled out also.
I'll cut the foam out and reinstall it tomm when I pull the rest of the interior out.
These cars have a lot of foam and dried out rubber everywhere I noticed.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to go by an upholstery shop to see if they can make a makeshift armrest as well.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #4
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
I hear ya on your problem.a buddy has an e90 who's trying to find a way as well. definitely removing the middle plate in the back does nothing. It just sucks the bass doesn't sound loud without folding seats down .I noticed right away how loud and clean sounding it got when I folded my rear seat down. I guess they insulated and sealed the trunk up pretty well.I've also found folding the right side down versus the left sounded better
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)

Last edited by NumbaOneNewb; 04-06-2013 at 01:24 AM.
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
Blind_Shooter

I'm just gonna keep dynamatting down the entire interior and hope for the best at this point. It's not that its not loud. It's actually pretty damn loud, I just know it has a lot more potential to be at least 5-6 more db's louder. four 12's should be rattling my teeth in almost any other car.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
You have 4 12's in the back? Are they the correct type for the way you have them mounted? How do you have them mounted? Do you have any trunk space left? I am guessing they are in a custom enclosure. What brand and model are the amps and subs?
And this may sound like a silly question, depending on how much you know about these things, but are they wired up for 2ohm?
A friend of mine was disappointed with his subs, and I poked around a bit, and discovered the shop had wired his 2 12in subs as a pair of 4ohm speakers. With a little re-wiring, he was running on a 2ohm load, and getting much more out of it.
Again, no insult intended if this question is way below your knowledge level. But I will never know without asking.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
Blind_Shooter

mmats 2000.1
4 dual 2ohm kicker cvr's wired to 1ohm
fiberglass box ported to around 32hz
Everything is wired up correctly with 2 yellow top optimas and proper fuses

It booms
But I've had the same setup in another car and it flexed the back window

disregard all the dust and shitty wiring. dont have updated pics yet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0470.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	499047  

Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
I never even saw that coming.I was having issue getting just 2 subsin there although 4 may be a tad much for me. I feel my single 12 jl w6 is plenty loud.
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
You could attach a sort of port tube to one of the holes in the deck- under the rear speakers or the holes for the Harmon Kardon Subs if you have them.

Knock the metal out behind the seat and test the result- it may give you enough. If that doesn't work find a car with a skipass back seat and retrofit it.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote