E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
n1cko123

My Ride: 2002 325 Ci
First German Automobile!

Greetings fellow forum members! Glad to be joining the family with one of my most exciting car purchases to date.
Last month I snatched a total virgin 2002 325 Ci in Alpine White.

*One previous granny owner
*Garaged Florida car - no rust!
*Accident free
*Wicked low miles

After owning [and therefore constantly repairing] GMs and then having rock-solid reliable but totally uninspired Hondas, I am excited to begin the ownership experience of a BMW.

I just completed all preventative maintenance/common items to nip things in the butt.
*Valve cover & oil filter housing gaskets
*Oil separator kit
*Belts & filters

I'm currently in the middle of bringing the technology reasonably up to date.
I found a flawless 2006 Business CD HU on Craigslist. (Anyone interested in the near-perfect original Business CD HU with mode button can PM me.)
The USA Spec interface and OEM Sirius module came last week.
LED tails and clear sidemarkers are on their way.

I am interested in the factory bluetooth upgrade with the latest [pricey ] TCU module, but only if people can vouch total satisfaction for parties on both ends of the call. Otherwise I can definitely make do without.

And finally I need to address the three flaws with this automobile in the somewhat near future:
1. As most are fully aware, the sound system is less than stellar. By all means, I'd welcome the opportunity to purchase a second-hand BSW package.

2. The previous owner snagged a curb with the low front bumper, putting quite an eyesore below the DS fog light. See image. Perhaps a body shop can heat it up and rework it?

3. Material on headliners and pillars is saggy/loose. I'd be interested in reupholstering if anyone can recommend a good shop in South Florida.

Anyway just checking in and, again, very glad to be here. I look forward to many miles with this vehicle and I suppose it's better to join the party late than never!

I welcome your greetings and comments!
n1cko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Astheros

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Look beautiful. I myself just upgraded from a great 1996 civic sedan to a 2005 330ci. Pick it up tomorrow. So pumped. The miles are awesome on your car. Love white
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Congrats reminds me tons of my 330 when I bought it from a granny, has been fun bastardizing it and you seem far more sensible than I (only just completing valve cover gasket work and at 100k lol).

One other thing to consider is going after cooling system. I tend to disagree with boards resident cooling alarmist but even with those low miles at that age in Fla you want to take a close look at parts to make sure they're not toast (esp expansion tank). For about 300 in parts and a little straightforward labor you will be all set for years (except radiator).

For pillars you can just buy material and rewrap yourself or fix and paint (Krylon fabric and vinyl).

For bumper... Doesn't look too bad... Can you take it off and bend it back somehow? Or shave it down?

Another option is to get an aftermarket lip/lower and cover it, or just get an m3 bumper and upgrade!

Congrats enjoy ...

And btw, of course needs clear corners drop and wheels.

Last edited by hizhinezz; 04-08-2013 at 07:42 PM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
n1cko123

Haha thanks for the replies!

Checked out the coolant system... Surprisingly everything is in excellent shape despite working through this Florida heat. I plan to keep my eyes on it and will likely do a full service around 80-100k

Clear corners are also on their way - forgot to mention above, but for some reason the site won't let me "save" an edited post.

I'd love the M-style bumper but that's on the list of wants, not needs. Perhaps down the road a bit.
I'm pretty satisfied with the ride height and wheels, so until a no-brainer deal on some sexy M-style wheels comes along, I'll stick to stock.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
mitfa911

My Ride: 2001 330 CIc
Great find on a low mileage car. It looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. Ever come up to Miami? Mine is also white but a convertible with a hardtop. I added the M-style bumper on mine. It changes the look on the car completely. I bought mine as a salvage from an insurance company. You can find the built up in the showroom forum under "Saving her from the crusher" Enjoy your car and customize it to your taste.
mitfa911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
roboeclipse

My Ride: E46 330ci
Wow your car looks awesome! What a find! I'm a new Bimmer owner too, can some one explain what is involved about the cooling system stuff?

Last edited by roboeclipse; 04-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.
roboeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
n1cko123

Make sure hoses look good and no leaks. Many people change their water pump around 100k, as I believe the components are plastic. Not a bad thing to spend a few bucks on the coolant system and save yourself from bigger headaches down the road.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #8
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboeclipse View Post
Wow your car looks awesome! What a find! I'm a new Bimmer owner too, can some one explain what is involved about the cooling system stuff?
Search site user Mango... that is all.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
vorceb23

My Ride: 04 330i
Gotta Love Florida Cars . Got mine with 56k in January, Welcome!

R.G.V. 1929-2013 Forever Loved

Last edited by vorceb23; 04-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.
vorceb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
wertyu78

My Ride: '04 ZHP
Those A pillars are very easy to re-glue yourself. Checkout the DIY forum.
FX-R 3.0 Projectors | Turner H&R Coilovers| 26mm M3 Swaybar | HAWK HPS Pads | 265/40/17 Square Dunlop Z1's| Simota Intake | Supertech Valves w/ARP Head Studs | ARP Rod Bolts | Headers | 3.64 OS Giken LSD | OEM Aux. Input | 20% Tint |

Build Thread
wertyu78 is offline   Reply With Quote