E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #41
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Maybe this has been posted elsewhere, but what prices are we looking at for the Stage 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDiNfLuEnCe View Post
Estimate of stage 1 to 2 upgrade... These results are excelent... Decisions decisions.. Ms109, meth, or e85... Like usual the price will help me decide
We will be releasing prices for the MS 109 stage two upgrade fairly quickly. Expect to see if within the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
And also, will you require a procedure for running race fuel? HPF had a procedure that ensured that nearly all the regular octane fuel was consumed before the race fuel was filled. But if the DME can adjust to octane it seems like this wouldn't be required because it would just pull timing if there still was a little 93 octane left in the tank? I do not know.
There will be a procedure outlined in the buyers agreement that will insure you have enough octane in the fuel tank to handle whatever boost we deem safe for the MS109 stage two upgrade. You do not want to rely on the DME to compensate for the octane changes. It will up to the customer to insure they follow the procedure and insure they have the right octane in the tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think0rz View Post
it's E85 for me or BUST I'm definitely going to be the first bringing my car in for e85 when its ready
E85 will be coming shortly after we square the MS109 upgrade away. You will be my first phone call!

You coming with us to Mfest?

Luke King - Sales@maximumpsi.com
908-290-3571
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #42
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
This is awesome guys! Well done.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #43
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
its been a couple days, whats the price... haha kidding i understand great things take time
Old 04-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #44
BaDiNfLuEnCe

My Ride: 04 m3, 06 jeep srt8
Dropped by the shop yesterday to get some work done. Luke showed me the switchable maps and how everything works.. Great setup and very low key. The average person wouldnt know what to do and even so, it has protection from anyone just turning on high boost mode.

[/IMG][/URL]
BaDiNfLuEnCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #45
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Very interested in how the hell you guys are doing switchable maps on the stock DME!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #46
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
The power of NickG..
Old 04-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #47
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickM3 View Post
The power of NickG..
The force is strong with him!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #48
NickG

My Ride: 2001 330ci turbo
And this is just the beginning.......
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #49
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Looking forward to the tastey flex fuel setup Nick!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #50
Think0rz

My Ride: 05 AW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Looking forward to the tastey flex fuel setup Nick!
Me too
Old 04-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #51
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Oh hell, it has begun!! Keep on killing it man, you guys are doing some cool stuff.

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #52
BrianSpilner

My Ride: Max PSI Stage 2
Any updates on Stage 2 upgrade? Or the SMG issues?
BrianSpilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #53
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBoss View Post
Any updates on Stage 2 upgrade? Or the SMG issues?
I think the smg issue turned out to be a leaking coupler....basically just an installation error.

Last edited by BDUB328I; 11-17-2013 at 09:20 AM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #54
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
I think the smg issue turned out to be a leaking coupler....basically just an installation error.
I hope Max PSI can confirm this. There hasn't been updates in a long time including prices for stage 2, which were supposed to be 'days away' as mentioned above in April. Really interested in that kit.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #55
Grendelsbane

My Ride: M3
Quote:
I hope Max PSI can confirm this. There hasn't been updates in a long time including prices for stage 2, which were supposed to be 'days away' as mentioned above in April. Really interested in that kit.
Yeah, that SMG stall is a fairly big reason why I am hesitant to go with this kit. Everything else sounds pretty good.
2004 Silver M3 / SMG / Koni Yellow shocks and struts / Vogtlands lowering springs / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Proflex bushings / Predator Orion V2 Multi-Color LED Angel Eyes / Laser Interceptors / Clear Bumper Reflectors / Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator / AKG Motor mounts / Rogue Engineering Transmission Mount / AKG differential bushings / Euro mirrors / B&B Exhaust / CSL SMG tune /DME CSL tune

Grendelsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #56
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Hi guys, I will post up tomorrow when I get in to the shop.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #57
m3sc

My Ride: 06 TurboM3,06 SC C55
Get my car done and show everybody what a stage 2.5 can do with the 6466 ball bearing turbo!

Call me tomorrow. We need to see the flaws with Castro's exhaust system. I would be real pissed if I have to pay twice to get it right.

If anyhing Castro should fix it if it ain't designed right.

Last edited by m3sc; 11-18-2013 at 12:05 AM.
m3sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #58
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Hi Guys,

It's time for another update. I don't mean to keep anyone hanging, and if there is ever any question you can always call or email us for anything.

We are finished with Robert's Stage 1 SMG clutch and turbo swap. We found a rubber coupler was pinched on his install and was creating some notable drivability issues and stalling left and right. We will be sending his car down to Nick's place for calibration tweaks to resolve the intermittent stalling issue that most of the smg cars are experiencing. After that it will get the larger injectors and we will go over the stage 2 calibration on his SMG car.

We currently have our stage 3 car in the shop for the necessary fuel system mods to turn it up on race gas.

-Mike
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #59
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
Hi Guys,

It's time for another update. I don't mean to keep anyone hanging, and if there is ever any question you can always call or email us for anything.

We are finished with Robert's Stage 1 SMG clutch and turbo swap. We found a rubber coupler was pinched on his install and was creating some notable drivability issues and stalling left and right. We will be sending his car down to Nick's place for calibration tweaks to resolve the intermittent stalling issue that most of the smg cars are experiencing. After that it will get the larger injectors and we will go over the stage 2 calibration on his SMG car.

We currently have our stage 3 car in the shop for the necessary fuel system mods to turn it up on race gas.

-Mike
I hope the SMG issue is a simple/quick fix. It would suck for SMG owners to have to eat the cost of doing a 6MT swap just to run this kit properly.

So there is no pricing on Stage 2 or Stage 3 yet? Meaning, no one can call and buy stage 2 with the 6466 turbo?

Last edited by BrianSpilner; 11-18-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #60
m3sc

My Ride: 06 TurboM3,06 SC C55
Quote:
I hope the SMG issue is a simple/quick fix. It would suck for SMG owners to have to eat the cost of doing a 6MT swap just to run this kit properly.

So there is no pricing on Stage 2 or Stage 3 yet? Meaning, no one can call and buy stage 2 with the 6466 turbo?
I asked for the upgraded turbo myself. So it is still being tested before they will offer that option I believe.
m3sc is offline   Reply With Quote