E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
wallyworld

My Ride: 2003 325i 4dr sedan
Feeling like someone punch me in my EYE!

So past two training sessions probably about 45min-1hr in I get a huge headache in my right side of my head. gets worse when I hold my breath on sets (obviously). First time it happen was tuesday.....thought my eye all the sudden became a lazy eye lol, today it happened again felt like i got punch in the eye.

It a annoying nagging pain but I can still workout.

Any ideas of how to fix this.

Talked with my buddy already he thinks it may be alignment issues in my back since my neck has been tight of late (1 month or so).

He also said it probably wasnt blood pressure issues or too much sodium since I have been eating generally the same thing for at least the past 3 months.

Also I have never had headaches at all (in the gym or in daily life) before which is why this is weird.
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Could be blood pressure, head congestion, holding your breath to long and pushing too hard. Glockcoma (spelling?) will cause pressure pain.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
wallyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Could be blood pressure, head congestion, holding your breath to long and pushing too hard. Glockcoma (spelling?) will cause pressure pain.
yea i thought blood pressure too. i do eat salty foods but i dont add salt to anything......plus i've been doing that for over 4 months tho.

Glaucoma sounds horrendous, I hope i dont have that.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
are you stressed?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
wallyworld

i've had a busy week at work but in terms of me being stressed i dont really feel stressed? i feel busy.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Do you take a pre workout? Might have too much caffeine if you aren't used to it
Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyworld View Post
i've had a busy week at work but in terms of me being stressed i dont really feel stressed? i feel busy.
feeling pressure in the eye / only one side of the temple etc is a direct symptom of stress lol.

ask me how i know thought I had a brain tumor the first time I started getting those types of "headaches"

just something to think about
Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
wallyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Do you take a pre workout? Might have too much caffeine if you aren't used to it
Yea my caffiene consumption has actually gone down outside of a workout i don't take any
Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
wallyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
feeling pressure in the eye / only one side of the temple etc is a direct symptom of stress lol.

ask me how i know thought I had a brain tumor the first time I started getting those types of "headaches"

just something to think about
or
How did u get it to stop. I'm busy at work but it's not like I'm worried or mad or anything. Just overwhelmed.

Anything wrong with continuing with the training once i get the headache?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyworld View Post
or
How did u get it to stop. I'm busy at work but it's not like I'm worried or mad or anything. Just overwhelmed.

Anything wrong with continuing with the training once i get the headache?
I still get them from time to time, I wouldn't describe it as a typical pounding headache, more like a pressure sensation in my right temple / pressure pushing on the side of my eye.

I've dealt with it long enough to be comfortable knowing im just stressed and need to chill out. Other symptoms include fatigue, extreme irritability, short fuse, angry for no reason, etc etc.

There are obvious times of stress, but there are the less obvious times of "chronic stress" where cortisol (stress hormone) has been elevated in the body over a significant period of time (couple weeks to months). It doesn't take much to elevate cortisol in the body, and you won't even feel it most of the time. But if it is an everyday thing from a "busy" (I call that stressful) lifestyle then over time it can lead to symptoms like these.

I have no idea if this is actually stress related, and it is such a hard thing to diagnose. But considering that extended periods of intense exercise stresses the body out, it would be no surprise to me that it could be triggering it.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Do you have allergies? Blocked sinuses? I get the same issue during the spring time if I don't take any allergy meds. Holding ones breath would make it worse, especially if you are straining during a workout.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 04-12-2013 at 09:49 AM.
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
dabears

yeah i'm going with either stress induced or sinus issues.

maybe its a tumor

lol
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Hmm, sometimes I get like a strong "pressure" inside my head, feels like someone is pressing against the sides of my head or something. I get all jittery, and clench my teeth, not sure if you have those symptoms at all. Haven't figured out what its from, but it happened a bunch last summer, and did it again last night..
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
wallyworld

yea no allergies or sinus issues. i hold my breath all the time while lifting weights but i've been doing it forever not too focus on how i breath. We will see tomorrow when I squat if it is work related or not. maybe i get too riled up from work and going to the gym after pushes it over the edge.

still weird though, the first two headaches in my life have come this week.