E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyboy View Post
So Newb, what kind of speakers would you install in the rear deck? I have the base system with no subs. Would you buy mid-range speakers?
Speaker choice is down to the owners choice. To tell yiu the truth, not one speaker is really better than the other, for what you pay for them. Expect to get the quality you pay for. If you're not some audio freak, mid level price is fine. If you just want to hear sounds coming from somewhere, lower price one works too. I don't like recommending any brand. It's how much yiu put out that matters.

For the other guy, yeah, like I said you're paying for plug and play as well as their speakers designed to match the stock systems resistance and such. Even if they call it plug and play, I'm just laughing at that because once you go in to swap the speakers out, installing an aftermarket system right at that point would not take much more effort. What? The connectors snap in together? Lol. Wiring up for speakers that don't snap in together is easy. If you've committed yourself this far already, you can do that last 10% work. If you got their system and paid for an installer, then you should've gone aftermarket. I was actually half tempted to buy the bsw system. Then I slapped myself and told myself I needed to do the leg work to save the money
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #22
IrunBimmer

My Ride: 323i
What are you doing for subs? I have 2 jl w7s with 2 amps. Plus extra battery to power those animals
IrunBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #23
NumbaOneNewb

Jeez.... Talk about bass. I'm surprised you haven't slapped so hard your rear end fell off. Lol. I just have a 12" jl w6. I have 2 amps hut one is running my doors.
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)

Last edited by NumbaOneNewb; 04-14-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #24
IrunBimmer

My Ride: 323i
Yeah it's a mad crazy system entire trunk is in dynomat but it shakes cars around me. Love the system. Iv lost bolts from my license plate have Em shooting out. It's a $1000 system but worth every penny. I only remove it when going to the track to damn heavy
IrunBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
This thread is a clusterfvck of barely intelligible, garbage advice.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #26
NumbaOneNewb

of all the posts where both you and me comment on, I do believe 90% of it is nothing but you trash talking someone. How pathetic are you to just do random drive by on thread only to sh!t talk. LOL. I can't understand how you can stand that smell of sh!t on your breath from the sh!t talking I see you do and that's with me just recently noticing. You know.... if I didn't know any better, I bet the majority of those 2,000+ posts you have, its just you randomly saying stupid sh!t. What a loser man.

You know, most of the members on here with high post counts have contributed very helpful things to this e46 community. Most of them have also done DIY, and can be considered an expert in a particular area. I doubt your monkey brain could ever come up with DIY, unless it was one called, "How to paste dog sh!t in your mouth so you can talk mad sh!t". To have a high post count like that and not actively post helpful comments would definitely lead me to believe that you are the loser I believe you to be. What a loser. You have nothing better to do with your time than surfing these threads and trash talk everything you don't believe in or know about. You've been a member since 2006 and your car still looks like that with that high of a post count? LOL. Financed probably. Unlike you I paid cash for mine bro, zhp or not. No wonder your car is still stock.

regardless of what you paid for it then, of all the mods and money I put into my car in the 2 years that I've owned it would've put what you placed in your car to shame... and I ain't even done yet bro. at least people like me actively try to come up with new ways to modify our cars, as well as actively give back to this community what we've received. you sir, are now permanently being ignored.

one more thing before I ignore you. I just practically clowned your whole life, your manhood, and your entire existence. You just got clowned on very hardcore brother. Go jerk off in that zhp of yours somewhere else.

Last edited by NumbaOneNewb; 04-15-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #27
jorgeownz

My Ride: 2005 325i e46
All I really want is a 10 maybe a 12 sub nothing too extreme I just want to balance and hear the lows. And I have a 850 Watt pioneer amp and I'm thinking on just a kicker sub. So if any of not have or found a good diy I'll really appreciate it! Also I don't really want and after market stereo, I like the look of the factory one and there isn't anything cleaner looking than that!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Bimmer App
jorgeownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #28
NumbaOneNewb

Then you will suffer the consequences of under performing subs. To track is full potential you need a new head unit. Hey a double din if you want a clean look.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #29
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
NumbaOneNewb, you may know a thing or two, but you can barely form a complete sentence. That makes it very hard to understand what in the hell you are trying to say "90% of the time"- and in turn makes your posts less helpful than they otherwise might be. When it comes to electrical work, substituting pronouns for half of what you say makes your advice absolutely unusable. Type slower, stop machine gun posting, and form a coherent thought. Then you might just become more of a contributing member.

My car was bought with cash and I don't like the trashy mods on your car. But what am I saying? I owe you no explanation.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #30
NumbaOneNewb

hm... i think in most cases, I would respond but I don't think that's going to lead us anywhere good. We've already gotten off on a bad start and this would only make it worst. You're right, I don't form correct sentences because most of the time, I'm on my phone. as much as I love the galaxy s3, its not very smart in terms of auto predict. However, now that I'm on my laptop, I can insult you at 100 WPM easily. I wouldn't even need to try actually. Ah, in the world of mobile phones, the best you can come up with is grammar errors and incomplete sentences. You are definitely not worth it to fire back upon.

Trashy mods? Yeah, since we all own the same car in on way or another, I'd wager that if we were to strip our cars of our "mods", hands down people would loot my care bare naked before yours. At least parts on my car can even be taken by m3 owners, not just the non Ms. They're only trashy to you, because you don't have any on yours. i'm sure you're one of those "stock" or "oem all the way" type of guys. Yeah, keep saying that. If you haven't noticed, all the cars that end up in the magazine after the production of our car stopped, are not stock. they are either heavily modified on the outside, under the hood, on the inside, or all of the above. To stay stock means there's nothing special about your car because someone somewhere out there, has one just like yours, even an 80 year old grandma. Let's just see how your constant trash talking and downing on new members work out for you in the long run.

You're from Nola, that explains everything right there.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
Both of you guys sound like high school kids in a pissing battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
Both BMW greensboro. Difference is, now those idiots can show how stupid they are through social media. And now they have no shame about it. This is why society needs bullying.
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #32
NumbaOneNewb

i agree. Ill drop it. this is getting boring. I could be spending my time helping other people instead of dealing with high school piss battles. I'm just not agreeing with the fact he goes around insulting people.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #33
jdmad

My Ride: 2005 325xi
I definitely agree with everyone telling you to DIY. Audio stuff is a cinch IMO. If i could give you any advice, it's buy an aftermarket HU (assuming you aren't opposed to the theme mismatch of your interior). Make sure it has at least one pre output hook up for a subwoofer. Purchase a wiring kit for your subwoofer and then youtube how to install one. Once you do one, it's nearly the same for any vehicle. The aftermarket HU will have you stoked, not only because it has the ability to tune your subs, but out performs the stock BMW amp for your speakers. Polk and Kicker are my favorite speaker brands, but apparently pioneer makes decent tweeters. Replace mids first, then word your way to the smaller ones. Replace HU>install subs>install speakers>dynamat if you can afford it. Best of luck OP!
jdmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #34
iRide113

My Ride: 2004 325i
Lulz.
iRide113 is offline   Reply With Quote