E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
What do you guys think? (Pics Inside)

2001 BMW 325i
Vehicle Specifications
VIN: WBAAV33421FU79622
Odometer: 129K MI
Transmission: Automatic
Engine Cylinders: 6 Cylinder
Drive Train: 2 Wheel Drive
Fuel Used: Gasoline
Gas Mileage: 20 mpg city / 29 mpg hwy
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Interior Type: Leather
Body Style: Sedan
Doors: Four Doors
Audio: AM/FM/CD
Top Style: Sun Roof
Equipment Included

Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Child Seat Anchors
Power Door Locks
Power Mirror
Power Windows
Rear Window Defroster
Air Bag - Side Curtain
Airbags
Alloy Wheels
Power Brakes
Antilock Brakes
Power Steering

The pictures are what was sent to me, they're small, but it's what I got. It's a ZSP, with manual seats, and a 5 speed step. What do you guys think? I'm buying it off of a dealer, if that makes any difference. It seems like the car was rather nicely maintained, but I have yet to actually test drive it/ see it in person. Hopefully, I'll be back to the Forum, and will be a much more active member soon This time, when I DIY stuff, I'll make a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
HacksawMark
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2014 Subaru XV
Auto tranny? New car dealer or used?

Last edited by HacksawMark; 04-14-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Importjunkie

My Ride: 00 Prelude
Seems like a reasonable price. I'd get a manual though.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Why do you consistently post **** cars? I'm not trying to be rude, but you keep showing us cars with beige interiors and automatic transmissions which indicates to me that you don't have enough money for a proper e46. I suggest you search for e36s or e30s. Or better yet, a Honda.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Last edited by tock172; 04-14-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
GDubois

My Ride: is slow
Beige with silver trim...yuck

Congratulations.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Why do you consistently post **** cars? I'm not trying to be rude, but you keep showing us cars with beige interiors and automatic transmissions which indicates to me that you don't have enough money for a proper e46.
because 16
Old 04-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
because 16
Why do we even bother

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
Quote:
Why do we even bother
No point. But I have an automatic 323i so I have little room to talk. However I can say that I don't like beige E46's. The interiors wear much worse than the black does.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
No point. But I have an automatic 323i so I have little room to talk. However I can say that I don't like beige E46's. The interiors wear much worse than the black does.
I don't judge someone based on their car, I judge them based on their knowledge of it and how they choose to maintain it.

I seem to recall you replacing some of your interior pillar covers if I'm not mistaken. You pass with flying colors.

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Old 04-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
urbex

My Ride: BMW E46 325i
I understand elitism but claiming this is an "untrue e46" is probably one of the dumbest statements ever. There are more white ZSP 325i's with beige interiors floating around than any other variant.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
I understand elitism but claiming this is an "untrue e46" is probably one of the dumbest statements ever. There are more white ZSP 325i's with beige interiors floating around than any other variant.
You are the only one using the term 'untrue' in this thread. I used the phrase 'proper e46' and I stand by it. Unless OP is a 60+ female looking for transportation to the grocery store and church, there is no reason to not consider an e30 or e36 with a manual transmission and a black interior.

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Old 04-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
dwsounddesign

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330xi
Quote:
You are the only one using the term 'untrue' in this thread. I used the phrase 'proper e46' and I stand by it. Unless OP is a 60+ female looking for transportation to the grocery store and church, there is no reason to not consider an e30 or e36 with a manual transmission and a black interior.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Why do you consistently post **** cars? I'm not trying to be rude, but you keep showing us cars with beige interiors and automatic transmissions which indicates to me that you don't have enough money for a proper e46. I suggest you search for e36s or e30s. Or better yet, a Honda.
I can say the same thing about it being a sedan.
When did options like leather interior and automatic transmissions cost less? Statements like yours above indicate to me you don't know what you're talking about.

May not be my choice of car but that doesn't mean it's not a proper E46.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
When did options like leather interior and automatic transmissions cost less? Statements like yours above indicate to me you don't know what you're talking about.

+1

Maybe he doesn't know how to drive manual and likes beige interior? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean he cant afford what you prefer lol
Old 04-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #15
lszlszx

My Ride: 328i
Ahmed, you just crashed your car and damaged your house at 15 and your parents let you hop right back into another car?

GM No Reverse - posts 443, 456

E46 NO START - A list of possible causes

"Would the codes indicate if it's the carburator?"
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
HacksawMark
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Quote:
I don't judge someone based on their car, I judge them based on their knowledge of it and how they choose to maintain it.

I seem to recall you replacing some of your interior pillar covers if I'm not mistaken. You pass with flying colors.
Quote:
Wow! Classic example of stereotypical intolerance.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lszlszx View Post
Ahmed, you just crashed your car and damaged your house at 15 and your parents let you hop right back into another car?
'Merica!

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

Oh give me a break. I know exactly what I am talking about. You're the one who seems clueless in this thread. The fact that the automatic transmission and leather interior options cost more when the vehicle was brand new is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. We are talking about the market for used (and apparently low end) e46s. Anyone with a brain and a pair of eyes can see that cars with black and grey interiors with manual transmissions are more desirable and are therefore fetching higher prices. I know you like to look for any excuse to challenge what I say, but this time your rebuttal must have been a joke. Try again when you've got a real basis from which to argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
+1

Maybe he doesn't know how to drive manual and likes beige interior? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean he cant afford what you prefer lol
OP drives his car into his house and is now scraping the bottom of the barrel for another e46. If you've only got $6,000 to spend on an e46, you are better off buying an older generation BMW (or another manufacturer all together). Anyone who disagrees is severely lacking in common sense or has extremely low standards for their vehicles. Last week, OP posted a link to an early production e46 vert in terrible condition with no information in the ad. It seems to me like he's desperate to get back into the e46 platform and will settle for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksawmark View Post
Wow! Classic example of stereotypical intolerance.
I'm not afraid to say what needs to be said and I feel I've made myself perfectly clear. As I stated above in this post, if an individual has $6,000 to spend on a car, an e46 should not be in consideration.

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Last edited by tock172; 04-14-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
HacksawMark
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Oh give me a break. I know exactly what I am talking about. You're the one who seems clueless in this thread. The fact that the automatic transmission and leather interior options cost more when the vehicle was brand new is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. We are talking about the market for used (and apparently low end) e46s. Anyone with a brain and a pair of eyes can see that cars with black and grey interiors with manual transmissions are more desirable and are therefore fetching higher prices. I know you like to look for any excuse to challenge what I say, but this time your rebuttal must have been a joke. Try again when you've got a real basis from which to argue.

OP drives his car into his house and is now scraping the bottom of the barrel for another e46. If you've only got $6,000 to spend on an e46, you are better off buying an older generation BMW (or another manufacturer all together). Anyone who disagrees is severely lacking in common sense or has extremely low standards for their vehicles. Last week, OP posted a link to an early production e46 vert in terrible condition with no information in the ad. It seems to me like he's desperate to get back into the e46 platform and will settle for anything.

I'm not afraid to say what needs to be said and I feel I've made myself perfectly clear. As I stated above in this post, if an individual has $6,000 to spend on a car, an e46 should not be in consideration.
When I was your age, I wasn't afraid to say "what needs to be said" either. Way too easy on an internet forum to simply say what's on your mind. And no one is challenging you whether you're right or wrong; just the way you show intolerance towards those who don't hold views that are aligned with yours. When OP asked about what you thought, he wanted objective input. It's okay to say you don't agree with his choice; it's not okay to take it to personal level as you did in your first post in this thread. It is you who should give OP a break. He is secure enough with himself to have started a thread about him crashing his car into his home like you did when you crashed your 1st bimmer within hours of buying it.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Oh give me a break. I know exactly what I am talking about. You're the one who seems clueless in this thread. The fact that the automatic transmission and leather interior options cost more when the vehicle was brand new is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. We are talking about the market for used (and apparently low end) e46s. Anyone with a brain and a pair of eyes can see that cars with black and grey interiors with manual transmissions are more desirable and are therefore fetching higher prices.
E46s with low mileage and pristine condition are fetching even more than that. Yet no mention of that by you in your assessment.
Again, your post was that it wasn't a "proper E46". And one of the two reasons you posted it wasn't a "proper E46" was that it had beige colored interior.

Your own personal views about beige colored leather interior vs black (or gray) is YOUR own preference. Let's look at the car for what it is overall before dismissing it purely on Your own perference. BMW made E46s with four doors, automatics and tan interiors because there was/is a market for them.

Seems plenty of people who posted agree with me you're the one out of line here.
Closed Thread

Tags
tick tock