E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #21
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
@4 min "you guys think you are the law or something".....um, yes, dip$hit, whether you like it or not they (unfortunately) represent the law in this situation.
Not exactly. If they had followed the law, they would have let him go, and realized that they had no right to relieve him of his weapons. Police enforce the law, they are not THE law.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #22
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
@4 min "you guys think you are the law or something".....um, yes, dip$hit, whether you like it or not they (unfortunately) represent the law in this situation.
I think you mistook that. Cops are not the law. They are meant to enforce the law. They were not obeying the laws they enforce, so yes they essentially were acting like they were the law, making it as they go.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Police enforce the law, they are not above law.
ftfy
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #24
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
because they were responding to people calling in complaints about him - according to the video

took you long enough to join this thread...
I would imagine the call going something like this...do you agree?

911, what is your emergency?

"Yes, there are two men and one of them has a big black scary looking rifle that I see in movies killing everyone."

"Ok, what are they doing?"

"Nothing, just looks like they are walking along side a road."

"is the man holding the rifle in his hands aiming it at something, or is it slung over on a strap?"

"Its on a strap."
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #25
mattcarle21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
No assault rifle was carried and no law was broken

Inform me again WHY the cops where even there to begin with?
Looked like an AR-15 to me. Could be wrong, but yea watch the video. They were called there by a citizen.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
MDydinanM

Quote:
I would imagine the call going something like this...do you agree?

911, what is your emergency?

"Yes, there are two men and one of them has a big black scary looking rifle that I see in movies killing everyone."

"Ok, what are they doing?"

"Nothing, just looks like they are walking along side a road."

"is the man holding the rifle in his hands aiming it at something, or is it slung over on a strap?"

"Its on a strap."
perhaps, who knows

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-16-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #27
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcarle21 View Post
Looked like an AR-15 to me. Could be wrong, but yea watch the video. They were called there by a citizen.
What does AR stand for?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
mattcarle21

Quote:
What does AR stand for?
Ass rape

Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
gueste46
Banned User

Unbelievable. Only in America............and maybe Russia

If that guy was walking down the street who would NOT feel threatened? Who would not call it in?

And apparently he is a soldier....not a saint guys. Soldiers can kill people too. What a moron.
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
perhaps, who knows
Well, if they were doing something stupid with the rifle, then the cops have a reason to stop them, and would have stated so on the tape, that someone called saying they were aiming it, or shooting at mailboxes, etc. If the call went the way I described above, the dispatcher should have told the caller than in the great state of Texas, it is perfectly legal to carry a rifle with you openly. The cops overstepped, and they knew it. That's why it took them so long to figure it out. If that guy was shooting mailboxes, I doubt they would be having a discussion like that.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post

If that guy was walking down the street who would NOT feel threatened? Who would not call it in?

And apparently he is a soldier....not a saint guys. Soldiers can kill people too. What a moron.
I wouldn't. I'd ask him if he likes his trigger and what kind of barrel he's running on it. I fear guns as much as I fear cars.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #32
MDydinanM

Quote:
Well, if they were doing something stupid with the rifle, then the cops have a reason to stop them, and would have stated so on the tape, that someone called saying they were aiming it, or shooting at mailboxes, etc. If the call went the way I described above, the dispatcher should have told the caller than in the great state of Texas, it is perfectly legal to carry a rifle with you openly. The cops overstepped, and they knew it. That's why it took them so long to figure it out. If that guy was shooting mailboxes, I doubt they would be having a discussion like that.
if you read the link I posted with the excerpts, they've changed the charges from resisting arrest to interfering with public duties.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-16-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #33
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Fvck not given. Carrying a gun like that is borderline disturbing the peace.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #34
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Ass rape
It stands for Armalite, not what the news tells everyone Assault Rifle-15.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #35
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
Fvck not given. Carrying a gun like that is borderline disturbing the peace.
Judging by the video, it looks like they were in a pretty damn remote area. Disturbing what peace?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #36
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
why can't americans realize that while they have constitutional rights, the practical application in reality is that when you are suspected by LE, you should cooperate instead of get on a soap box and start debating the constitution? then these people start throwing accusations like "this is a police state" just cooperate for that one minor moment of inconvenience to your super-size fries fat *ss life and go back to your business of being free.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
if you read the link I posted with the excerpts, they've changed the charges from resisting arrest to interfering with public duties.
Of course, they are trying on shoes to see which one fits. That's what happens when it's a bogus charge. In the end, they will all be dropped, the cop will get 2 weeks paid vacation, and the world will continue to turn, while more of these incidents happen. Don't know how it is in Texas, but in Alaska, people walking around with major firepower slung across their back is commonplace. Furthermore, if someone called something like that in the dispatcher would laugh in their face.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 04-16-2013 at 08:26 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #38
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
because they were responding to people calling in complaints about him - according to the video

took you long enough to join this thread...
i have no problem with a cop investigating. They should drive by, see no crime being committee and leave

Quote:
an AR15 is not an assault rifle. Never has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post

someone feeling scared or frightened based on their own failure to educate themselves in the law and firearms should NEVER justify a law abiding citizen from harassment. Period

The 911 dispatchers and police need to start educating sheep that call 911 on the law. In order for that to happen, police need to first learn the law

I don't advocate violence but this type of crap won't start ending unless a couple people with nothing to lose and plenty of heart react differently when violently oppressed

Police need to start FEARing and respecting law abiding, educated and dedicated patriots
This has nothing to do with a gun, it could be an issue with freedom of speech or freedom of religion. Oppression is oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 04-16-2013 at 08:30 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #39
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
why can't americans realize that while they have constitutional rights, the practical application in reality is that when you are suspected by LE, you should cooperate instead of get on a soap box and start debating the constitution? then these people start throwing accusations like "this is a police state" just cooperate for that one minor moment of inconvenience to your super-size fries fat *ss life and go back to your business of being free.
If you watch the video, you will see that he was given no chance to cooperate. He was not asked any questions until detainment. The cop came up to him and went for his rifle.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #40
mattcarle21

Quote:
It stands for Armalite, not what the news tells everyone Assault Rifle-15.
From wiki (now ready for wiki bash):
"The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as an assault rifle for the United States armed forces. [8] Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 design to Colt. The select-fire version of the AR-15 entered the U.S. military system as the M16 rifle."