E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #81
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
thats kind of the point... you wouldnt restrict the public from owning household appliances(legal) just because they have the potential to be used as part of a bomb(illegal) would you? of course not. anything in the world has the potential to be used in an unlawful manner for an unlawful purpose... you cant just restrict a lawful item because something unlawful *might occur...
Really? I think even Macgyver would laugh at that. And again another bad analogy.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #82
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcarle21 View Post
Really? I think even Macgyver would laugh at that. And again another bad analogy.
how so, name one thing that couldnt be used unlawfully.... dont just tell me it's a bad analogy, prove it.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 04-16-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #83
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
how so, name one thing that couldnt be used unlawfully....
Bacon. Nothing bad has ever been done with bacon.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #84
mattcarle21

Quote:
how so, name one thing that couldnt be used unlawfully....
A speck of sand

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #85
Sentaruu

what if i beat you to death with a slab of bacon...

i could throw a speck of sand at your face... that would be unlawful... lol

Last edited by Sentaruu; 04-16-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #86
nardog

My Ride: e34, totaled e46
Quote:
what if i beat you to death with a slab of bacon...
Dying never sounded so appetizing.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #87
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
A speck of sand
Ever get a single speck in your eye? That sh!t is infuriating.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #88
mattcarle21

I also said nothing of restricting anyone. I am on the vet's side here. Your analogies though are a bit far fetched.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #89
mattcarle21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Ever get a single speck in your eye? That sh!t is infuriating.
This is true, but how do you get a single speck into someone's eye? You'd have to use your finger to put it there. Then it doesn't count because of said finger involved.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #90
Sentaruu

i thought that was kind of the whole point... someone using an inanimate object in an unlawful manner...
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #91
mattcarle21

I'm going to bed, but if I ever see a guy with a pack of bacon, a handful of sand, and a rifle strapped to his chest, I'm walking the other way for sure.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #92
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Yeah. I've seen a couple of these vids where some NRA enthusiast decides to put the law to the test and openly (and possibly legally) carry a gun out in the middle of the day while they are just walking around for no reason other than to videotape their encounter with the cops so they can strut their knowledge of the law.

If you feel safer with people carrying guns around you at a starbucks, lol. Enjoy. The rest of the world does not agree with you. If I see grandpa Joe ordering a latte with a rifle strapped on him, even if he looks totally harmless, I am GTFO of there. The problem is you have no idea who they are, or why they have a gun. You don't know if they are there just walking with a gun, or are there to shoot up the mall.

And before you argue something absurd like I hate guns, nothing could be further from the truth. I support the right to own and carry weapons for one thing only: SELF DEFENSE. I even support concealed carry if the person is put through a rigorous test/check.

People called in a person walking with a gun.

Look, this is TX apparently where it is legal to openly carry. If people there are calling this in, you better believe it is some weird assed ****. It is not normal to walk around in public with a rifle. PERIOD.

I feel bad for his kid.
Lol... The classic "I support guns, but..."

So you support someone carrying a gun for self defense, as long as you don't think it's scary and you can't see it and don't have to think about it?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #93
gueste46
Banned User

I watched the entire video twice. Laws aside, I found that guy to be a pathetic excuse for a man and a father. I thought he was going to cry at one point out of sheer frustration. He was so impotent after trying so hard to look manly in front of his son. He ran his mouth like a child. He deserved what he got.

I felt genuine pity for his son who was put through this by his father in his efforts to stand up to the cops, instead of keeping his damn mouth shut and avoiding the embarrassment to his son. He was trying for film for a law suit. Hell, I wanted to hit the father.

I feel certain that he is not a typical veteran. He was weak and pathetic.
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #94
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
"mr. simsima , close down this thread"

or join it with all the other gun threads , or move it to gun talk.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #95
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I watched the entire video twice. Laws aside, I found that guy to be a pathetic excuse for a man and a father. I thought he was going to cry at one point out of sheer frustration. He was so impotent after trying so hard to look manly in front of his son. He ran his mouth like a child. He deserved what he got.

I felt genuine pity for his son who was put through this by his father in his efforts to stand up to the cops, instead of keeping his damn mouth shut and avoiding the embarrassment to his son. He was trying for film for a law suit. Hell, I wanted to hit the father.

I find this odd. Sure the guy was annoying but these are police officers and the guy is not breaking any law. If an officer pulls me over for going a mile an hour under the speed limit, I'm going to be pissed if he tells me I'm getting a ticket for speeding... especially if it's simply based on the fact that "my car was scaring someone".

We can hate the guy all we want but this video does a nice job of demonstrating how loosely the law is now practiced.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #96
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
I called and complained

He looked suspicious

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #97
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
While I don't think the cop was right, what is with these guys taking walks in the middle of the day with rifles?

You have got to understand people are going to call you in. If I saw someone in my neighborhood strapped with an assault rifle, I'd call the cops too.

Sounds like they are just looking for trouble. I doubt you need that for self-defense.

If you are going to do it, you better wear Google Glass and capture the ENTIRE sequence of events on camera. Cops are lying bastids.
So if it was just someone in your neighborhood "strapped" with a 12g shotgun with wood furniture, you wouldnt call the cops? Im curious. So by your logic if someone has an ar15 slung over there shoulder walking through your neighborhood you will call the cops, but they have something with wood furniture and dosnt look evil you wont call the cops?
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #98
GasKing

Quote:
Well excuuuuse me. I shot M-16s in the military. The only difference between those and an AR is the 3 round burst on M16. Right? So, technically it's not an assault rifle, yes. How easy is it to mess with the trigger mechanism and make it full auto though? Serious question.
First off, thank you for your service.

And ive dealt with this many times, just because your in the military DOES NOT make you the foremost authority on firearms. When was the last time someone used an illegaly converted full auto ar15 in a crime?

And from what i understand its not that easy to convert. You have to do machining in the lower, put a full auto sear, etc etc.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #99
GasKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post

your svch a cvnt.

Last edited by GasKing; 04-17-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #100
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
"mr. simsima , close down this thread"

or join it with all the other gun threads , or move it to gun talk.

Why doesn't JJ do it?