E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
It was your link.

I really don't see a logical argument against background checks nor have I ever heard one. Do you want to lay one out for me? Please abstain from linking to anything that has to do with the NRA.
The point is that it shows there isn't a majority. Obama and his cronies have been saying over and over again that there is a very clear majority on this stuff. The fact is, there isn't and support for it is in fact diminishing.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #22
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
so why are people against this?

I want people to have to have an ID to vote... likewise, I want to ensure only responsible people own firearms. I don't see that as infringing on any rights

Last edited by pancakes; 04-17-2013 at 06:01 PM.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post

I want people to have to have an ID to vote... likewise, I want to ensure only responsible people own firearms. I don't see that as infringing on any rights
Because the bill didn't end with just background checks. Isn't that obvious? Obama only states that the senate doesn't want background checks so it makes them sounds worse.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #24
pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Because the bill didn't end with just background checks. Isn't that obvious? Obama only states that the senate doesn't want background checks so it makes them sounds worse.
enlighten me.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #25
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
enlighten me.
My personal qualm and disagreement with it was it included family transfers. I would need the governments approval to give my son for example a gun?

Quote:
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #26
gueste46
Banned User

I have changed my anti gun stance. I now firmly believe that ALL Americans should own guns without any restrictions. It is in fact their Constitutional right to do so. They should all have multiple weapons and have the right to carry them. Damn the background checks. I now realise that background checks are actually the thin edge of the wedge of Government's attempts to disarm the polulation.

I genuinly believe now that if EVERY American was armed appropriately it would be a much safer place to live and work. You may want to consider taking away some Police powers so that they cannot infringe your civil liberties. I have noted that is is a genuine concern among the more vocal gun advocates.

I apologise for any ill considered remarks I made about gun ownership in the past. This was done in ignorance.
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I have changed my anti gun stance. I now firmly believe that ALL Americans should own guns without any restrictions. It is in fact their Constitutional right to do so. They should all have multiple weapons and have the right to carry them. Damn the background checks. I now realise that background checks are actually the thin edge of the wedge of Government's attempts to disarm the polulation.

I genuinly believe now that if EVERY American was armed appropriately it would be a much safer place to live and work. You may want to consider taking away some Police powers so that they cannot infringe your civil liberties. I have noted that is is a genuine concern among the more vocal gun advocates.

I apologise for any ill considered remarks I made about gun ownership in the past. This was done in ignorance.
Despite with sarcasm, you're finally seeing the light.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #28
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
The point is that it shows there isn't a majority. Obama and his cronies have been saying over and over again that there is a very clear majority on this stuff. The fact is, there isn't and support for it is in fact diminishing.
No, it hasn't. There is an incredible majority supporting background checks. That is the subject of the bill so lets keep it at that.

MpoweredM: Your gripe was family to family? So what. When you give your son a car, it technically has to be transferred to his name. That is government intervention. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited by Grande D; 04-17-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #29
david05111

Quote:
No, it hasn't. There is an incredible majority supporting background checks. That is the subject of the bill so lets keep it at that.

MpoweredM: Your gripe was family to family? So what. When you give your son a car, it technically has to be transferred to his name. That is government intervention. I don't see anything wrong with that.
No background check to own a car. No registration for guns.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #30
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:

Sadly, driving is set as a privilege. (I won't get into that argument here though). Gun ownership is a right.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #31
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Sadly, driving is set as a privilege. (I won't get into that argument here though). Gun ownership is a right.
Sadly? Do you know how many more people would die if any old teenager or bum could drive a car? This country's license laws and "privileges" are actually too lax in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
No background check to own a car. No registration for guns.
Background checks and registration would only hurt people who shouldn't own guns. I doubt it would effect anyone on this forum.

Last edited by Grande D; 04-17-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #32
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
Sadly? Do you know how many more people would die if any old teenager or bum could drive a car? This country's license laws and "privileges" are actually too lax in most cases.

Background checks and registration would only hurt people who shouldn't own guns. I doubt it would effect anyone on this forum.
Where did this bum get a car? Must have found a popular corner to earn all that money to purchase a car.

Quote:

Last edited by MpoweredM; 04-17-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Wasn't he a one term president.

phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #34
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
I seriously think some of you have erotic relationships with your guns.

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
pancakes

so background checks and family firearm transfers.... what else was "bad" about this?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #36
david05111

Quote:

The narrow-minded view expressed here neglects the very purpose of the Second Amendment in the first place. And that's the thing most people ignore or don't get.

The Second Amendment is protection for the citizens against the Government. You do NOT want the government knowing who has the weapons and where they are. That leads to targeted confiscation or attack in the event of tyranny.

That is the purpose of the 2nd Amendment and always has been. Its not about hunting, self defense, collection, etc. Its about defense against a tyrannical government.

What happens if the background check system fails? What if, like the no-fly list, your name is mistakenly added to the NICS system? Or its improperly reported? You're barred from buying a firearm until its cleared up. Now what if you're buying it because your life is in immediate danger?

This is also about private property rights and the government not having its fingers in all of it. A sale of a firearm is disposition of property between two willing contracting parties. The government requiring a background check that a buyer and seller has to pay for amounts to a poll tax, a tax to exercise a right.

I can go on and on and on. There are bigger policy issues here than just "people should be checked" and "registration doesnt affect the law abiding". The "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" mentality is a serious, serious threat to American rights and liberties

Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #37
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...erica-20130131

The NRA does not represent rights. It represents companies. It's ironic that some of you think anti-NRA people are "the sheep."

MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #38
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Quote:

I don't get it either man, republicans are weird sometimes.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:

i dont see how it would have prevented crime. for the most part, background checks would really only be applied to law abiding citizens. criminals can still go about their business and purchase/steal firearms off the street.

in theory universal background checks sound nice, but in reality i just dont see them accomplishing anything but costing law abiding citizens more money and creating one more hoop for them to jump through.

Last edited by Sentaruu; 04-17-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #40
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Lamar Alexander R TN
Kelly Ayotte R NH
John Barrasso R WY
Max Baucus D MT
Mark Begich D AK
Roy Blunt R MO
John Boozman R AR
Richard M. Burr R NC
Saxby Chambliss R GA
Daniel Coats R IN
Tom Coburn R OK
Thad Cochran R MS
Bob Corker R TN
John Cornyn R TX
Michael D. Crapo R ID
Ted Cruz R TX
Michael B. Enzi R WY
Deb Fischer R NE
Jeff Flake R AZ
Lindsey Graham R SC
Charles E. Grassley R IA
Orrin G. Hatch R UT
Heidi Heitkamp D ND
Dean Heller R NV
John Hoeven R ND
James M. Inhofe R OK
Johnny Isakson R GA
Mike Johanns R NE
Ron Johnson R WI
Mike Lee R UT
Mitch McConnell R KY
Jerry Moran R KS
Lisa Murkowski R AK
Rand Paul R KY
Rob Portman R OH
Mark Pryor D AR
Harry Reid D NV
Jim Risch R ID
Pat Roberts R KS
Marco Rubio R FL
Tim Scott R SC
Jeff Sessions R AL
Richard C. Shelby R AL
John Thune R SD
David Vitter R LA
Roger Wicker R MS

Last edited by phrozen06; 04-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.
phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote