E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #101
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
could you imagine that lol

ban tactical assault knives with serrated blades and rapid slicing capability! no one needs a knife that can slice 100 things in 100 seconds!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #102
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
David your posts are so on-point, I might just have to send you some Arsenal gear!!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #103
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
David your posts are so on-point, I might just have to send you some Arsenal gear!!
Haha thanks dude, I try to be on-point and rational. Hard to do many times though. It's Liverpool btw, not Arsenal but thanks for the thought

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #104
5ynd1cat3

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Haha thanks dude, I try to be on-point and rational. Hard to do many times though. It's Liverpool btw, not Arsenal but thanks for the thought
I know it's Liverpool....that's why I'm sending you Arsenal gear! (Arsenal fan checking in)
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #105
ToMuchFun
Banned User

My Ride: E46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
You are paranoid if you think background checks will result in the government confiscating your weapons.

My comment about selfishness addressed many gun owners on this forum, not you specifically. You'd see that if you read it the way it was written

I googled the bill you listed and came up with only shady, not so great news sources (no I'm not referring to Fox) so I asked you. Thanks for educating me.
It will result in them knowing every law abiding citizen that has a gun so it will be that much easier when they try to take them all, i think we should do background checks on people who buy pressure cookers
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #106
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
Ah just purchased another gun to hand down to my kids one day. I love my freedom and thank you to those who died to provide that for me.

GOD Bless
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #107
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
I know it's Liverpool....that's why I'm sending you Arsenal gear! (Arsenal fan checking in)
Isn't that the same team that Piers Morgan roots for?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #108
5ynd1cat3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
Isn't that the same team that Piers Morgan roots for?
I hope not. Even if it is, he's still a sad twat.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #109
david05111

Haha ok now I get it. And yes, that cocksucker does pull for Arsenal. Fuck him; arsenal is cool though

Old 04-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #110
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
Haha ok now I get it. And yes, that cocksucker does pull for Arsenal. Fuck him; arsenal is cool though
He was just as mad as the prez last night
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #111
david05111

Important article. This is the nonsense the leaders of this movement, like Biden, are spewing to the public. What he and Obama and much of the Dems in the senate are saying are blatant LIES. It should be grounds for serious public rebuke or recall. Outrageous.

http://news.yahoo.com/look-joe-biden...200225552.html

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden during a Google+ Hangout on Wednesday made a rather interesting claim:

"80,000 plus people a year who go through the background system are convicted felons or adjudicated incompetent to be able to own a weapon. That 40 percent means there's gotta be, statistically, somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 who get a gun who are not qualified. Probably higher."

"How does that make any sense?" he asked.

Perhaps the vice president finds these statistics so confusing because they're not exactly accurate. Well, not according to the FBI at least.
"The FBI states that between November 30, 1998 and March 31st 2013 they denied clearance on a gun sale after a background check revealed the person in question was 'convicted of a crime punishable by more than one year or a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years' exactly 590,070 times," writes Stephen Gutowski for CNSNews.com.
Here, look:

(IMAGE CAN NOT BE PASTED HERE; CHECK THE LINK FOR THE STATS PAGE)

"In the same period of time they denied clearance on a gun sale after a background check revealed the person in question was 'adjudicated [for] mental health' exactly 10,945 times. That works out to 41,931 denials due to felonies or mental health issues per year," he adds.

In short, the vice president's claim is off by at least 38,069 people per year. He nearly doubled the actual number.
"By combining, apparently in his head and on the fly, the demonstrably inaccurate '80,000 plus people a year' with the debunked claim that 40% of gun sales in America don't require a background check, Mr. Biden reaches the completely unverifiable claim that 'between 30,000 and 50,000 who get a gun who are not qualified. Probably higher,'" Gutowski notes.

"That claim, the child of two other blatantly inaccurate claims used to forward gun control agendas, is, of course, itself used to forward a gun control agenda," he adds.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #112
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Manchester FTW. Waiting for the sounds of rustling.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #113
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Obama - Gloating in victory, adolescent in defeat

(Telegraph U)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #114
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
The NRA engages in the same practices that you accuse Biden of. They lied about half of what was on the bill. Just look at some of the posts in this thread.
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #115
david05111

Quote:
The NRA engages in the same practices that you accuse Biden of. They lied about half of what was on the bill. Just look at some of the posts in this thread.
What did they lie about? I gave specifics.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #116
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
The NRA didn't lie. Obama and Biden have been lying about the NRA lying, because that's the DFL playbook- if you get beat or made to look like a fool, accuse the other guy of lying of being racist. Think about it- Crazy Uncle Joe tells women to shoot a double-barrel shotgun in the air. NRA tells you that's irresponsible and dangerous. Biden says that people don't care about their constitutional rights. NRA says they do, since the NRA obviously exists. It just goes on and on. Obama and his administration thrive off of hyperbole and emotion. Nothing they do has ever been backed by facts or real data. They use biased data from special interest groups who are anti-gun. The NRA uses data from FBI UCRs.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 04-19-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #117
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec

Now born again can think I'm racist to for saying you mad lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #118
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post

Now born again can think I'm racist to for saying you mad lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Maybe he will protest your store and not purchase mods
Old 12-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #119
drocca

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Seriously?! Tell me what they put in the bill that you'd object to, because I cannot find it.

Acting like you are puts you on what you believe to be "my level."

Why don't you take two minutes of your time and help me see this from your point of view.
You can call it being paranoid or whatever but the way I see it is that the men that wrote the 2nd Amendment had just finished living what it was like to be on the wrong end of a tyrannical government. They had a very clear experience of what happens when the government stops serving the people and decides it should be the other way around.

So in order to keep this from happening again, they looked at the chain of events and what kept them from losing to the British, the ability to fight back. History tells us that as the British were taxing the crap out of the colonies and basically bending them over a barrel, they realized they were going too far and made the swell decision to disarm the colonists before things got out of hand. Little bit too late I'd say.

From then until now, history is very, very clear on the subject; governments that have imposed strict gun control on their own citizens have gone on to kill something on the order of 60 million of their own people. Think about that number for a minute...

So, for "our" side of the gun/2nd Amendment argument, here it is:

We are grateful for anyone with the courage to stand up for the Constitution and for having the courage to stand up despite the anti-gun pressure that seems so very popular with our politicians and media today.

Looking back over these posts and what happened post-Sandy Hook, what I find truly disgusting is a president and many powerful members of our government who are truly upset when our Constitutional rights are upheld. That should be something that gets everyone's attention and should alert you that something is very, very wrong. But somehow, it gets missed as the media fondles the president's privates again and again.

Forget the NRA, consider the 100 million plus gun owners in this country.

Living in NY and NJ in my adult life, I can tell you without question that the recent rash of "who can come up with the worst gun laws first" legislature has made me start to question anything that comes out of a politician's mouth. We have heard, from the President down through our senators, congressmen and even our mayor and local reps, how they "believe in the Second Amendment" even while they conjure up more ridiculous "flypaper" laws that only serve to punish the law-abiding gun-owners of America.

Those of us that believe in the right to bear arms ask constantly:

•how the actions of a half-dozen madmen can possibly be a reason to justify taking the rights away from the other 314 million Americans who have done nothing wrong and have the right to "keep and bear arms" in this country? (And no one brings up the fact that almost all, if not all, of these mass shooters were on some sort of prescribed drugs throughout their teenage years)

(and how come no one looks into the fact that every mass shooting except one (Gabby Giffords) has occured in a "gun free" zone)

•how spending so much time, effort and money legislating against a certain firearm that is used in less than 3% of all gun crimes can possibly still be referred to as "common sense"?

•how they can continue to vilify the "assault rifle" simply for looking scary when our own FBI's Uniform Crime Statistics show that each year from 2005 through 2012, more people were killed in America with clubs and hammers than with "assault rifles"?

•how politicians can possibly tell the rest of America how, and with what tool, we are allowed to protect ourselves when they have absolutely no experience or knowledge in the areas of the Second Amendment, in self-defense, in firearms or, seemingly, with government abuse of power?

•how can these politicians take a job that requires them to take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and then spend their entire careers attempting to strip away the rights that it guarantees? (see Dianne Feinstein)

My hope for the country is that more people get into positions where they can help Americans keep their rights and that we somehow get our "leaders" to focus on the many, many issues that are turning this country away from the core values and principles that it was founded upon.

In short, I think we on the right support anyone and everyone who stands up for Americans and the rights that have served us so very well since 1776, be they gun rights or any other protection that the Constitution outlines.

We want Americans to stop accepting the erosion of our rights just because a politician says it will make our lives "better" or make me or my family "safer".

Figure out all the rest of the garbage that's destroying this country and then we can fight about taking away my rights.

And as a quick example, look at the draconian laws that were passed in Colorado in a knee-jerk reaction to Sandy Hook. It got two of the three main characters who came up with them voted out and the third quit before the same happened to him. Nothing to do with the NRA, these were politicians that went along with the agenda without considering what their constituents actually wanted; and it cost them dearly.

There's a lot of problems in this country, but the right to bear arms is not one of them.