E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
mdsonicTT

My Ride: 3rd gear
anyone from san francisco? just visiting (on vacation)

what is there to do here in sf? just picked up a car and sort of bored

feel free to reach out if you're from the area

Last edited by mdsonicTT; 04-19-2013 at 09:11 PM.
mdsonicTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
search:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=549181

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=240440

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=224311

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=953457

Last edited by MDydinanM; 04-19-2013 at 09:25 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
nardog

My Ride: e34, totaled e46
Giants games, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, the Embarcadero, Golden Gate Bridge, Civic Center, Haight Ashbury, Alcatraz, Castro
Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i

Well if you're free tonight about 10 there will be a bunch of people meeting up since it is so nice out, look under CA - Bay Area meet, tonight it is in Milpitas which is about 45 min south of SF proper. There are a ton of local e46 and BMW owner out and about.

That said, as milpitas meet is fun but not that scenic (other than the cars, and their owners of course, lol) there are A LOT of cool places to see. If you're up for a drive I'd recommend heading over the golden gate up to Mt Tamalpais or the Muir Woods, gorgeous state parks both, or for a longer outing you can drive up to Napa or Sonoma, it's only about an hour there without traffic (which is at its worst weekdays from 7-10 and about 4-7, and it's REALLY BAD so don't get caught in it and waste your vaca). And once you get there you likely won't want to leave if you love either wine or twisty roads though not to be recommended simultaneously.

You can also hop on the PCH rt 1 going north or south and catch amazing road and views, heading south you'll eventually come to Santa Cruz, a cool funky beach town (about an hour or so down) and another 30 mins down the road is Monterray/Carmel, known for its beautiful shores and amazing car culture. The aquarium is pretty great if that's at all your thing.

Touristy stuff in the city is union sq and pier 39 but both are pretty cool, I'd recommend the museums in golden gate park if you're into art or the natural sciences (deyoung and Academy of Sciences, respectively). The Giants are in town and AT&T is worth the cost even at its current post works series inflated peak. Of all MLB ballparks I've been to, and that's about 20, and even my home spot of Fenway in Boston AT&T is still the best IMHO.

Lots of great restaurants and clubs just go to opentable yelp or SF gazette for info you kind of can't go wrong eating in town unless you hit the tourist joints down on the pier - which still aren't bad.

If there's a particular type if food you like fire away and can make recommendations ...

Have a great time and enjoy the city I'd offer to meet up but chasing three kids will have me occupied until work again on Monday, good luck!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by hizhinezz; 04-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
how are you bored in SF, there is so much to do....... seriously
Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Go and get your classy drunken science on at the academy of science thursday nights.
http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Go and get your classy drunken science on at the academy of science thursday nights.
http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/
It's friday
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan

Just playing, no offense to anyone from San Fran.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
It's friday
Oh I didn't see he was already in SF.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post

Just playing, no offense to anyone from San Fran.
The funny thing having lived in places like NYC and London that have every bit as many gay peeps as SF is that SF doesn't really have that much more its that no one feels the need to hide it or diminish it so actually it's less visible in some ways, the culture just blends. I mean the Castro is the Castro, but so is Chelsea or Boston's South End (lol that always cracks me up, how ironic).

What I find is that people in places like Texas or Atalnta that are totally hung up on it focus on it more which actually makes a BiGGER more noticeable thing of something like Pride Day...

Personally I kinda have to wonder a little bit about anyone who can't wait to play the gay card as soon as someone mentions someplace... Clearly it's a subject that is top of mind to them, I mean, the last thing I think of when someone mentions someplace to me is where gay neighborhoods are or that they're even there... Just kinda makes you wonder a little, and then theres the whole naming of oneself after a Roman gladiator... ill say no more...that is all.

Last edited by hizhinezz; 04-19-2013 at 10:48 PM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #11
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
The funny thing having lived in places like NYC and London that have every bit as many gay peeps as SF is that SF doesn't really have that much more its that no one feels the need to hide it or diminish it so actually it's less visible in some ways, the culture just blends. I mean the Castro is the Castro, but so is Chelsea or Boston's South End (lol that always cracks me up, how ironic).

What I find is that people in places like Texas or Atalnta that are totally hung up on it focus on it more which actually makes a BiGGER more noticeable thing of something like Pride Day...

Personally I kinda have to wonder a little bit about anyone who can't wait to play the gay card as soon as a tone me rooms someplace... Clearly it's a subject that is too of mind to them, I mean, the last thing I think of when someone mentions someplace to me is where gay neighborhoods are or that they're even there... Just kinda makes up wonder a little, that is all.

Total joke man, I'm not phobic at all. You read WAY too much into it. The more gay men there are in the world, the more my chances with women increase (from microscopic to miniscule at least)! San Fran just has that rep, and that video was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title. That was a damn funny movie.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
how are you bored in SF, there is so much to do....... seriously
srsly, what a loser.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
hizhinezz
Outlier

I know I'm just rustling yo
Jimmies.

Lol.

I wholeheartedly agree with the more (model looking) hmos out there the better since thy will serve to frustrate hot chicks who will revert to avg looking straight guys like most of us...

Old 04-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #14
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
Visiting SF

suggest going to Milpitas? lol

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
twin peaks