E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions

Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions
Do you have feedback/questions/ideas/suggestions about the site? Post them here.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
christiandflores

My Ride: BMW M3 E46
Editing a post

I run a meet in San Diego. But some of the info on our main thread needs to be edited. specifically post #1. it wont let me. im trying to change the time from 7-9 to 6-8, and remove the "Our next meet is on November 24, 2012". all other information is correct

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=952247
christiandflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
TT330i

My Ride: 2003 330i
I have the same issue. I 'd like to edit post #1 here http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=977013 but there is no edit button anymore. Looks like I am able to edit all of my other posts though.
TT330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
This was done to fight spam, I believe. It would be nice if we could edit posts. I want to edit some of my help threads.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Please try again now.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Is there a particular reason we're restricted to 10 edits a day? When typing on a phone, you tend to make more mistakes than are immediately apparent, and it'd be nice to not have to fix those. If it's a spam thing, how about making a post count / registration date based restriction?
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Is there a particular reason we're restricted to 10 edits a day? When typing on a phone, you tend to make more mistakes than are immediately apparent, and it'd be nice to not have to fix those. If it's a spam thing, how about making a post count / registration date based restriction?
It is supposed to be 10 unique posts edits a day. I'll see about getting that fixed.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
cruisin_psu

My Ride: E36 325i + E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
It is supposed to be 10 unique posts edits a day. I'll see about getting that fixed.

Tim
I am unable to edit for FS ad thread post here. This sucks. As things change with the car (I have removed the aftermarket brakes for instance) I would like to be able to edit the pictures in the original posting.

Is this edit issue being resolved?
cruisin_psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
cruisin_psu

My Ride: E36 325i + E46 M3
for that matter... i just tried immediately editing the typo i made on this last post in the first sentence.

This is the error I get when trying to edit anything:

"Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://forum.e46fanatics.com/editpos...ostid=15524257. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."
cruisin_psu is offline   Reply With Quote