E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Talking Moments of shame in the weight room

A couple of incidents in another thread gave me the idea to start this thread. Post your "moments of shame" in the weight room lol!

Couple of weeks ago:

1. DB bench pressing. Start off with 45lbs, gradually increased to 60lbs 8 reps each. 7th rep with the 60lbs close to the top, muscle glycogen must have depleted so fast that I didn't even have time to think about lowering damn things. Dropped one on my chest, the other one on my tigh from a couple of feet high. A few people noticed and must have thought I broke a rib, but they minded their own business after seeing my sorry ass walking to rack the dbs as if nothing had happened. Of course, I was in intense pain (still hurts)

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Ripping a very loud fart while deadlifting in the middle of the gym. This was during my magnesium filled pre workout drink days

My buddy one upped me the next week, and literally sharted. He just made this ridiculous face, then bee-lined for the washroom. He confessed after lol
Old 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
SeanC

Mine was silent, but that smell

Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
I almost tipped over backwards while performing a DL 1RM about a month ago. I lost my footing, and had to shuffle back an inch or two with 470 lbs. in my hand (...I had already cleared my knee and was just about to lock out). That would have been a disaster had I stumbled over.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 04-24-2013 at 02:03 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I was doing pushups with 30lbs weighted vest last night, on 10th rep I let out a loud fart I heard it echo in the next room. Luckily I workout late at night and no one was around.
z00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I almost tipped over backwards while performing a DL 1RM about a month ago. I lost my footing, and had to shuffle back an inch or two with 470 lbs. in my hand (...I had already cleared my knee and was just about to lock out). That would have been a disaster had I stumbled over.
Sometimes I get visuals in my head of what would happen if something like your scenario actually took place.. makes me concentrate extra hard on being safe.

Picturing the bar fall on to my chest during a bench press lockout is the worst
Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
i always use a poland spring bottle for water when i work out. i'll drink the spring water and refill at a water fountain. because they're cheap and disposable, i've developed a habit of dropping them and even chucking them across the floor instead of resting it gently onto the floor. last month, as i was walking toward a squat rack, i chucked it about 10-15 feet in front of me toward the squat rack i was going to use. i guess i didn't put the cap on tightly enough, it flew off, and water spilled all over the gym floor. i ran over, picked up the empty bottle, and opted to bench press instead
Old 04-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Sometimes I get visuals in my head of what would happen if something like your scenario actually took place.. makes me concentrate extra hard on being safe.

Picturing the bar fall on to my chest during a bench press lockout is the worst

And the worst part? Over-thinking the rep got me into trouble. I was soooooo focused on making sure that I pushed from my heels (..which I naturally do anyway) that I rolled my toes slightly off the ground and invited the slight shuffle.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
z00

^ Typical douche, I see guys that throw around their belts, straps, water bottles, etc.... I'm like WTF is wrong with them. Put all of that anger in moving weights instead of making a fool of yourself.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
^ Typical douche, I see guys that throw around their belts, straps, water bottles, etc.... I'm like WTF is wrong with them. Put all of that anger in moving weights instead of making a fool of yourself.

Mike Larry, he's calling you out.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
i always use a poland spring bottle for water when i work out. i'll drink the spring water and refill at a water fountain. because they're cheap and disposable, i've developed a habit of dropping them and even chucking them across the floor instead of resting it gently onto the floor. last month, as i was walking toward a squat rack, i chucked it about 10-15 feet in front of me toward the squat rack i was going to use. i guess i didn't put the cap on tightly enough, it flew off, and water spilled all over the gym floor. i ran over, picked up the empty bottle, and opted to bench press instead
That's hilarious. I would have been laughing so hard.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
So I had JUST got to the gym, I was getting loose and doing some fairly fast arm circles, arm stretches and the likes:

I'm approaching the DB racks and happened to be looking at myself in the mirror acknowledging how badazz I thought I looked while doing long, lanky, big bear hug stretches as I was walking. I wasn't paying attention and absolutely haymaker punched a seated DB bench randomly placed in the floor and split my hand open. I just turned around and walked out of the gym the same way I entered in a matter of about 23 seconds. LOL
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #13
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
When I was 18 and weighed maybe 145lbs, I nearly decapitated myself doing decline bench with 185lbs and no spot. I was in the weight room alone (it was a military gym and basically dead after 9pm.) I got one really sloppy rep and apparently thought another would be a good idea. I was too proud to call for help, so I slowly rolled it up my body and off the bench so I could re-rack it without anybody knowing.

A few weeks ago, I was at my CF gym doing some stuff on the rings. I was fully inverted and started to lose my balance...as I dismounted, I ripped one that echoed through the entire gym (the one time I'm in there and there stereo wasn't turned up!). Luckily it was late and only 4-5 people were still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
muscle glycogen must have depleted so fast that I didn't even have time to think about lowering damn things.
This is funnier than the rest of the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #14
5Serious

My Ride: 2002 525i
I think my worst was doing bent over rows with the single barbell and a v handle up towards one end near the plates. Was pulling like three plates but got lazy and didn't anchor the back end of the barbell in one of the holders at the bottom of the squat rack. So next set I have three plates and a 25 on there and when I went to lift it up to get my back straight, the v handle slid down the bar and towards the middle... Needles to say the un anchored end comes off the floor and I got a massive swing into the Gooch. One ball pinned as well. Luckily only one dude saw this happen but I learned my lesson that day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer App
5Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Moments of shame in the weight room

I've had a few but can only recall one right now:

I was running on the treadmill (with earbuds) and my wife was running errands and going to make a stop at Home Depot for me so I was anticipating a question via text...Well the text came so I hit stop and straddled the treadmill while reading the text. After answering the text I stepped back onto the treadmill but was surprised to find out the the treadmill was still fully running. It scared the **** out of me and spit me off so quick I sort of ran sideways while stumbling into the back row of ellipticals which were all in use. Because of my ear buds I'm not certain that I did not scream and swear.... I am soooooo thankful I have cat like reflexes and somehow didn't fall face first.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Any time I jump rope and/or do double unders, I'm just very inexperienced at it.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
z00

Video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Any time I jump rope and/or do double unders, I'm just very inexperienced at it.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
SeanC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
So I had JUST got to the gym, I was getting loose and doing some fairly fast arm circles, arm stretches and the likes:

I'm approaching the DB racks and happened to be looking at myself in the mirror acknowledging how badazz I thought I looked while doing long, lanky, big bear hug stretches as I was walking. I wasn't paying attention and absolutely haymaker punched a seated DB bench randomly placed in the floor and split my hand open. I just turned around and walked out of the gym the same way I entered in a matter of about 23 seconds. LOL
Funny, I always do the same thing, and came close to hitting a few things before. Now I'm very careful swinging my arms while stretching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post

This is funnier than the rest of the story
LOL, didn't realize it while writing, but after reading it I'd have to agree

Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #19
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
I used to go to a powerlifting gym full of serious lifters

First time I saw chains attached to bar for bench press
I thought it was weird hanging on the ground, so I wrapped them around the bar and proceeded to bench

Imagine me benching some warmup weight with huge chains wrapped around the bar.
I only had like (2) 45 plates on the bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 04-24-2013 at 11:20 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #20
z00

this is the funniest story so far.

Do you even lift bro? I could imagine you walking around the gym with a glock on your holster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I used to go to a powerlifting gym full of serious lifters

First time I saw chains attached to bar for bench press
I thought it was weird hanging on the ground, so I wrapped them around the bar
and proceeded to bench