E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Nickvjr

My Ride: 2004 330Ci Conv.
Send a message via AIM to Nickvjr Send a message via Yahoo to Nickvjr Send a message via Skype™ to Nickvjr
Wind Deflector for Sale on eBay

Just thought I would pass off information of a E46 Wind Deflector I just spotted on eBay. Starting price is $.99 with no reserve and appears to be in excellent condition with the storage case. I have no connection or affiliation with the seller. Just thought it is great deflector at a low starting price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-BMW-Conv...-/190830077849

I just bought a E46 Wind Deflector on eBay over the weekend with a $175 BUY IT NOW!!! Great price and I was so lucky to come across it just after the seller posted the auction. I keep hearing from everyone that these deflectors really help make the Verts more enjoyable to drive with the top down. With Spring around the corner I am looking forward to dropping the top a lot more now!

Good luck everyone!
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
Vandyinc

My Ride: 2000 323 Cic
Thanks for the lead! Congrats on the score you made.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Julian Moore

My Ride: 2002 M3 Vert
Watching, thanks.
Julian Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Watching as well. How quick do these go on & off? I ask because I drive my daughter to school in the morning, she's 5 and sits in the back, but once I drop her off I'd like to drop the top and put a wind deflector on, is it quick? I don't want to waste too much time.
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
pauljcl

My Ride: 2005 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Watching as well. How quick do these go on & off? I ask because I drive my daughter to school in the morning, she's 5 and sits in the back, but once I drop her off I'd like to drop the top and put a wind deflector on, is it quick? I don't want to waste too much time.
It's reasonably fast. Here's the sequence:
1. Unfold the wind deflector
2. Slightly raise the conv. top cover
3. Slip two extensions of the deflector under the cover
4. Put the two spring-held pegs of the deflector in the holes on the side to the back portion of the car
5. Lower the cover
6. Raise the deflector

.. about three minutes in general.
pauljcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
What he said. It's not quick, but not difficult nor does it take a long time.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
bigguy

My Ride: 2001 330ci vert
I would bid on it , but there is no shipping to canada
bigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Nickvjr

Send a message via AIM to Nickvjr Send a message via Yahoo to Nickvjr Send a message via Skype™ to Nickvjr
@ bigguy

You can always ask the seller privately if they are willing to ship to Canada. It is about $45-50 to ship something of that size up there. I shipped an Audi A4 Wind Deflector I sold on eBay (for my father in-law) to Canada and that is what I remember price wise. The guy up there was ecstatic with his purchase. It was a near new wind deflector, used twice (found in storage) with original bag. Thing looked flawless and it went for $200 (no one else put a bid in). Good luck in your search and if I come across one I will give you a heads up.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #9
bigguy

ya nickvjr I was thinking of trying that. I'm to the point in my area to go on kijiji, find people selling e46 verts, ask if they have a wind deflector and if they would sell it separately.
bigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
LKM46

My Ride: 2005 330Ci cabrio
$290 with 2 hours left.
LKM46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #11
Nickvjr

Wow that thing went for $320 which I think that's insane. Makes me wonder if should sell my wind deflector and turn a nice profit. But then again I am really enjoying the top down driving even at night. Those deflectors do help cut down that wind.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #12
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvjr View Post
Wow that thing went for $320 which I think that's insane. Makes me wonder if should sell my wind deflector and turn a nice profit. But then again I am really enjoying the top down driving even at night. Those deflectors do help cut down that wind.

These wind deflectors are truly the greatest thing since sliced bread. Drove home from Boston to Connecticut the other evening in 50 degree weather. Even the wife was comfortable. Do Not Sell, or you will be sorry the next day. Guaranteed!

They also work nice in warm weather with the a/c on.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
Nickvjr

Hey guys a got My hands on a second windscreen. I traded for some work on a friends car that I did a while back. I will be putting it up on E46fanatics to see if someone might be interested in it. If not then I'll send it to eBay because there is a good market for those windscreen right now.

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1367711230.722275.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	503875Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1367711246.539744.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	503876Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1367711256.064061.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	503877Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1367711263.889067.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	503878

Last edited by Nickvjr; 05-12-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Nickvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
aeigner

I agree the deflector is great. I used to drive a low two seat convertible (Miata) and wind buffetting wasn't an issue with it, whether it's wind deflector was up or not, but with the bigger passanger compartment in the e46 convertible, the wind-screen makes a noticable difference at smoothing the air flow. At highway speeds I'm not constantly blinking dryness and dust out of my eyes the way I sometimes am without it. Definitely worth the 3 minutes it takes from trunk to compartment or back, depending on if my kid is with me.
aeigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
Phyberlink

My Ride: 2003 330Cic Sport Pk
Is it possible to find one for no more than $199 ?
Phyberlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
Buck Henry

My Ride: 2001 330ci Convertib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyberlink View Post
Is it possible to find one for no more than $199 ?
So $200 would be a deal breaker for you?

I guess anything is possible if you are willing to wait and are quick on the trigger when one that cheap goes up for sale. But most of the OEM deflectors I have seen sold on the used market go for around $300. Not a bad deal when you consider a new one will run you over $400 from the dealer. Skip a few trips to Starbucks and up your budget to 300 bones and you will have one much sooner.
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #17
Nickvjr

^^^ Buck is right!

Nothing is impossible and you CAN get a great deal on a wind screen for around $200. It comes down to timing, patience on your end and some luck.

I bought my Vert in Nov of 2011 and just got my wind deflector last month. I waited a long time for a good deal and let many wind deflectors pass me by during that time.

I got luck last month and was on eBay 10 minutes after someone posted a wind deflector in great condition for a great price.

If you wait long enough and keep looking everyday you will eventually find what you want. But in the meantime these wind deflectors are going for $300+ on the open market so draw your line in the sand of what you want to spend and stick to it. Good Luck!

Last edited by Nickvjr; 05-07-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Nickvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvjr View Post
^^^ Buck is right!

Nothing is impossible and you CAN get a great deal on a wind screen for around $200. It comes down to timing, patience on your end and some luck.

I bought my Vert in Nov of 2011 and just got my wind deflector last month. I waited a long time for a good deal and let many wind deflectors pass me by during that time.

I got luck last month and was on eBay 10 minutes after someone posted a wind deflector in great condition for a great price.

If you wait long enough and keep looking everyday you will eventually find what you want. But in the meantime these wind deflectors are going for $300+ on the open market so draw your line in the sand of what you want to spend and stick to it. Good Luck!

Keep in mind, though, that all the time spent waiting for a "deal" is time spent without the deflector. We all have different financial situations, of course, but no way would I go a year and a half or so without one to save a hundred bucks. They offer way too much comfort and significantly extend the top down season to go without.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #19
Nickvjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoetz628 View Post
Keep in mind, though, that all the time spent waiting for a "deal" is time spent without the deflector. We all have different financial situations, of course, but no way would I go a year and a half or so without one to save a hundred bucks. They offer way too much comfort and significantly extend the top down season to go without.
You are right on the nose with this statement. I waited over a year for the windscreen deal around $200 but I would have spent the extra $100 had I known how much more enjoyable these windscreens make top down & top up driving.

I am definitely doing a lot more top driving this season. I started dropping the top in Feb and I don't see me putting it back up much until October! :0)