E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #41
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Don't quote me on this, but I believe you can go to the stealership, and after paying a large fee they can program your car to always have those on/off when you start the car. I tried at my local stealer, they said they have heard of it but didn't knowhow to do it
I know Marcus has the sport button on when he turns the car on. It's probably easily coded...just need to find someone capable of coding.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #42
NickG

My Ride: 2001 330ci turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I know Marcus has the sport button on when he turns the car on. It's probably easily coded...just need to find someone capable of coding.
That feature is done via custom ECU programming, not coding. The dealership can't do it.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #43
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
So... potential for groupbuy in near future... coughcough??? Stage 1 & 2??

A buddy of mine has a 370Z and a company GTM Tuning is in the process of doing a GB for their kits... over 65+ potential purchasers... I think they are going to be making some huge profits. So maybe the same here with Max Psi (not sure we can do 65+ :lol: but I think we could get a solid 10+)

Last edited by cosmos///m3; 05-01-2013 at 01:48 PM.
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #44
bigaldawgs

My Ride: BMW e46 & e36 M3
Send a message via Yahoo to bigaldawgs Send a message via Skype™ to bigaldawgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post

A buddy of mine has a 370Z and a company GTM Tuning is in the process of doing a GB for their kits... over 65+ potential purchasers... I think they are going to be making some huge profits. So maybe the same here with Max Psi (not sure we can do 65+ :lol: but I think we could get a solid 10+)
I'm in.
Max Psi.... the ball's in your court.

Wish List: TURBO
bigaldawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #45
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
That feature is done via custom ECU programming, not coding. The dealership can't do it.
So not easily done with NCS Expert?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #46
Commanderwiggin

Quote:

The kit is already at group buy pricing imo
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #47
NickG

My Ride: 2001 330ci turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
So not easily done with NCS Expert?
More like impossible to be done with NCS Expert.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #48
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
More like impossible to be done with NCS Expert.
Gotcha thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #49
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:

+1

I think this would be a great idea! Maybe this winter have a group buy, it would give ppl a winter project for their cars, I for one would consider pulling the trigger earlier on a group buy.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #50
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
Quote:

I really appreciate the idea, but currently we are not interested in doing any sort of group buy. With the official kit release occurring just over 2 months ago, the product is very new and just starting its life cycle! We priced the kit as competitively as we could out of the gate.

Precision just increased the prices on their turbos, so the price of the kit will be going up accordingly. We plan on holding the current price of the kit for another month, but after that, the price will be going up. I will make another thread to announce the new pricing structure.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the kit, or looking to get an in house install, feel free to contact us!

Luke King - Sales@maximumpsi.com
908-290-3571
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #51
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke@maximumpsi View Post
I really appreciate the idea, but currently we are not interested in doing any sort of group buy. With the official kit release occurring just over 2 months ago, the product is very new and just starting its life cycle! We priced the kit as competitively as we could out of the gate.

Precision just increased the prices on their turbos, so the price of the kit will be going up accordingly. We plan on holding the current price of the kit for another month, but after that, the price will be going up. I will make another thread to announce the new pricing structure.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the kit, or looking to get an in house install, feel free to contact us!
PM sent... Just thought I would ask about the GB. I would think with a release of a kit you might want to have a larger committed group to purchase, thus happy M3 owners and deeper pockets for you guys
Old 05-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #52
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
If Nick G would do custom tuning of f/i setups/open a school. It's game over, I'd pay 2k for a nick g tune, Hell 3k is a deal. Who wouldn't? Add hardware, you beat every kit on the market. NickG wait list, infinite.

Last edited by xixixi; 05-01-2013 at 10:47 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #53
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
If Nick G would do custom tuning of f/i setups/open a school. It's game over, I'd pay 2k for a nick g tune, Hell 3k is a deal. Who wouldn't?
with all the people on this board (and all over the world, for that matter), i still cannot believe no software engineer or tuner has come up with a way to tune the ECU. this is a 13 year old car and we only have one proven turbo kit for the non-m and one for the m, both tuned by the same person.

realistically though, you could pay $2k for a custom tune at any reputable shop, even with a standalone system so with the reliability and ability to utilize the factory ECU, i'd gladly pay Nick G any reasonable amount to tune my car.
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #54
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonicus View Post
with all the people on this board (and all over the world, for that matter), i still cannot believe no software engineer or tuner has come up with a way to tune the ECU. this is a 13 year old car and we only have one proven turbo kit for the non-m and one for the m, both tuned by the same person.

realistically though, you could pay $2k for a custom tune at any reputable shop, even with a standalone system so with the reliability and ability to utilize the factory ECU, i'd gladly pay Nick G any reasonable amount to tune my car.
You and the whole world. No stand alone needed.. ProEFI is almost 4k+ with all the goodies. Build it, ship it, done.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #55
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
You and the whole world. No stand alone needed.. ProEFI is almost 4k+ with all the goodies. Build it, ship it, done.
ProEFI is an amazing product and is well proven on many different applications but i just can't justify paying the same price for almost all (if not all) my hardware to build a turbo kit that i would for just the way to tune said hardware.
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #56
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
ProEFI is an amazing product and is well proven on many different applications but i just can't justify paying the same price for almost all (if not all) my hardware to build a turbo kit that i would for just the way to tune said hardware.
Agreed, ProEFI has its place. The market is demanding a tuner that will do custom setups on the stock ecu. Pandora's box will be opened sooner, than later.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #57
kidrobot_

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
It's good to have NickG local. I've had my VF570, non recirculated/Tial Q tuned by him. I believe he is offering the tune to the public - granted you have the same hardware setup.
kidrobot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #58
Bmwandreas

My Ride: BMW:s
This is awesome. Makes me want to be a dealer for your kit
Bmwandreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #59
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
Andreas, sent you a PM.

Luke King - Sales@maximumpsi.com
908-290-3571
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #60
bennymic

My Ride: m3
Quote:
with all the people on this board (and all over the world, for that matter), i still cannot believe no software engineer or tuner has come up with a way to tune the ECU. this is a 13 year old car and we only have one proven turbo kit for the non-m and one for the m, both tuned by the same person..

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=423771
bennymic is offline   Reply With Quote