E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Alconaguy

My Ride: 325i
Setting the time on radio

How do I set the time on my radio, 325i 03 business radio

Alconaguy
Alconaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
turn knob on gauge cluster when the time is displayed on it

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
The right turn stalk, iirc.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
KaktusJaque
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Pg 74 in the manual for the 03. With ignition key in position 1 or higher, and the time displeyed in the instrument cluster
To set ahead..Turn the Right button to the Right
to set back..Turn the right button to the Left
The longer you hold it the faster it goes

2003 Touring 325 XiT (KJ's Ride)
2004 Coupe 325 Ci (Mrs. KJ's Ride)
KaktusJaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
And, if you are not accustomed to it, you will need to use a bit more "twist" than what you'd expect for a tiny spindly knob.
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
here you go heres a great video that'll show you exactly what to do and if cant figure it out still idk what to tell you
Old 04-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcoast View Post
And, if you are not accustomed to it, you will need to use a bit more "twist" than what you'd expect for a tiny spindly knob.
just be careful not to twist it too hard. you can break the insides of cluster where the "spindly" knob touches to adjust time. then you have to search out the thread how to fix it
Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
TotheMountains!

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcoast View Post
Hmmm. I've read this in my manual and keep trying, like since we went off Daylight Savings. Pretty sure I'm doing it right, but it has never done anything. Harder, huh? I'm worried about that recommendation, but hey, what's the worst that could happen . . .

Oh wait. I just read CleanerBeamer's post. The only place I look for the clock is on the radio. Do I have to have the dash computer (which I never use or switch modes on) displaying the clock to use the knob to set the time shown on the radio? That doesn't make very good sense, and it's not accurately described in the car's manual, if true.

Last edited by TotheMountains!; 04-30-2013 at 02:10 PM.
TotheMountains! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
David McMahon

My Ride: 15/Dec/98 E46 328i
I had to do mine so hard I was convinced that it would break... Just don't twist too hard and I'm not going to set mine until all the jobs I want to do are done.
David McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotheMountains! View Post
Hmmm. I've read this in my manual and keep trying, like since we went off Daylight Savings. Pretty sure I'm doing it right, but it has never done anything. Harder, huh? I'm worried about that recommendation, but hey, what's the worst that could happen . . .

Oh wait. I just read CleanerBeamer's post. The only place I look for the clock is on the radio. Do I have to have the dash computer (which I never use or switch modes on) displaying the clock to use the knob to set the time shown on the radio? That doesn't make very good sense, and it's not accurately described in the car's manual, if true.
The dash set to clock is how you change the clock on the radio. they are connected. it doesn't need the radio set to clock to set it, it will work together from what I remember.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
college46

My Ride: Alpine White
As everyone stated. Put the dash to display the time, then twist the knob on the right of the cluster. Done. Not that hard.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alconaguy View Post
How do I set the time on my radio, 325i 03 business radio

Alconaguy
Read your owner's manual.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
TotheMountains!

My Ride: 2001 330xi
I did read my owner's manual, as I said. I do not believe it says anywhere that the clock on the radio is connected to the clock on the dash. I have the dash display set to temperature because it's more important where I live, and I just don't mess with such stuff much. I have been trying to follow the instructions, but had no reason to believe I need to select the clock on the dash. The manual's writers, apparently, assumed that I would be looking at the dash clock and therefore would not need to have the connection pointed out.
TotheMountains! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
I did read my owner's manual, as I said. I do not believe it says anywhere that the clock on the radio is connected to the clock on the dash. I have the dash display set to temperature because it's more important where I live, and I just don't mess with such stuff much. I have been trying to follow the instructions, but had no reason to believe I need to select the clock on the dash. The manual's writers, apparently, assumed that I would be looking at the dash clock and therefore would not need to have the connection pointed out.
I wasn't replying to you, but that's what you need to do. Bring up the clock on the dash and turn the knob to set it. The dash and radio clock are tied together.

Common Sense is officially dead.

Last edited by WDE46; 04-30-2013 at 02:49 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
college46

My Ride: Alpine White
Quote:
I did read my owner's manual, as I said. I do not believe it says anywhere that the clock on the radio is connected to the clock on the dash.
Why would they be disconnected? There electronic?

Last edited by college46; 04-30-2013 at 02:58 PM.
college46 is offline   Reply With Quote