E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
328isawesome

My Ride: Batmobile
You Must Get So Much ***** With That Car

That common belief that people have of BMW's. share your experiences and thoughts on this thread.

I've found it to be partially true, you might find a die hard enthusiast female but the chances are slim. Honestly, the women who look at you/talk purely because you have a BMW are not the kind of women you want to have around (at least I don't.) I enjoy pickup for the fun but I hardly ever do it with my car. It just feels like cheating, no thrill or challenge. It makes for a good first date effect though. The few women that advance far enough to a date where I pick them up usually drool over the interior and always complement it. Also the led halos at night look great.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
328isawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
For me it generally created a feeling I didn't want people having, and thats that I was either:

Better than everyone else around me for having a BMW at 19
My parents bought it for me
I'm a dick

None of which were ever remotely true, I bought it for my love of the brand not what the badge should bring.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
they all are dripping wet by the time i tell them my 10 year old bmw has 145k miles.... i'm just living the dream
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
HaloArchive

My Ride: My Office Chair
HaloArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i

ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
[IMG]http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/01349030376c11e2851922000a9e084f_7.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/6ced3000389da1433b13c8a18bfeaf75/tumblr_ml2sszmtmG1r7ocq6o1_400.gif[IMG]
Your username sounds relevant to that photo

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
328isawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
For me it generally created a feeling I didn't want people having, and thats that I was either:

Better than everyone else around me for having a BMW at 19
My parents bought it for me
I'm a dick

None of which were ever remotely true, I bought it for my love of the brand not what the badge should bring.
Yeah, I feel you on that. I started driving my first BMW at 16 and it was just because my dad was working at the dealership at the time and they were the only cars we had. (I know I know first world problems) but I've gotten such an appreciation for the brand, history and learned so much about them that getting another brand would just feel strange. Like, say I need a part, I can't order from ECS tuning :O and such. I would ultimately feel lost.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Said hymenwarrior
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
If a girl wants me because of my car I would run far, far away from that STD dump

^c***s
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328isawesome View Post
That common belief that people have of BMW's. share your experiences and thoughts on this thread.

I've found it to be partially true, you might find a die hard enthusiast female but the chances are slim. Honestly, the women who look at you/talk purely because you have a BMW are not the kind of women you want to have around (at least I don't.) I enjoy pickup for the fun but I hardly ever do it with my car. It just feels like cheating, no thrill or challenge. It makes for a good first date effect though. The few women that advance far enough to a date where I pick them up usually drool over the interior and always complement it. Also the led halos at night look great.

Must be awesome to be able to impress girls with a BMW.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #12
HyeWarrior

Quote:
Said hymenwarrior
I'm not even gonna ovaryeact

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #13
328isawesome

Quote:
Lol that's punny.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
Keno

My Ride: smelly & leaky 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Keno
Re: You Must Get So Much ***** With That Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328isawesome View Post
Yeah, I feel you on that. I started driving my first BMW at 16 and it was just because my dad was working at the dealership at the time and they were the only cars we had. (I know I know first world problems) but I've gotten such an appreciation for the brand, history and learned so much about them that getting another brand would just feel strange. Like, say I need a part, I can't order from ECS tuning :O and such. I would ultimately feel lost.

I used to think this way when I first got my car at 17. Now I'm 24 and realize id be a fool not to get my next car for its brand (cayman s instead of a c6 corvette).

The way i see it, I have from 30 to the end of my life to be tied down to a nice wholesome girl and entry level luxury sedans. The joke will probably be on me when I get talked out of a prenup though, haha.

Edit: I can attest to what others have said: the bimmer doesnt get me new chicks, but it never hurt sealing the deal.

Last edited by Keno; 05-22-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #15
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
My BMW still attracts female attention a clean car is a clean car. If it stands out it draws attention. People think I'm lying when I say it's a '99

That said, I think it's not so much the car the gets the girl rather than the image it gives you, driving a BMW versus, say, a Honda...generally gives you a better image, being of higher class or 'mature' or having your priorities in order $$$. All they see is a badge. You'd be surprised how many people think my car costs 20k or more still...it's funny. No girl is gonna be like fvck me now just after seeing you're car. The thought of solely relying on a car to pick up women is retarded.

///M

Last edited by Redline; 05-23-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #16
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Quote:
Said hymenwarrior
Quote:
HyeWarrior 1
Stiggles 0

continue...
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #17
HyeWarrior

On a serious note, when I had my E46, it used to get a lot of attention, some of it was unwanted, but I'd be lying if I said I don't miss it to an extent. Granted, I kept it very clean, with subtle mods, no stupid stickers or anything like that. I don't care how douchey this sounds, but every time I would go to LA/Hollywood to a show or something, parking lot attendants would always have me park right in the front, and every time I'd leave, people would ask questions, compliment it, or a random drunk bitch would hoot and holler. People thought it was way nicer than it was, but of course only the owner would know all the imperfections. It was a love/hate relationship with the car, but I do miss it. Just sold it on Monday, and I'm just happy it went to someone who fell in love with it right away. I already can't wait to jump back into an E46, but this time it'll be a M3

Goodbye sweet prince, I'll always remember our adventures
E46 2

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #18
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
I fail to understand.

Most E46's are sub 10k.....

That will get the poon no where.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #19
328isawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
My BMW still attracts female attention a clean car is a clean car. If it stands out it draws attention. People think I'm lying when I say it's a '99

That said, I think it's not so much the car the gets the girl rather than the image it gives you, driving a BMW versus, say, a Honda...generally gives you a better image, being of higher class or 'mature' or having your priorities in order $$$. All they see is a badge. You'd be surprised how many people think my car costs 20k or more still...it's funny.

The funny thing is, I've been hit on by women moreso in the X3 than with the e46.

Also Not to sound conceited, but I attribute having good looks as helping a ton when it comes to women giving me attention when in the bmw's. I mean if you're ugly you're SOL and you'll need a Ferrari to have any luck.

It also helps when where I work is brought up and I say I work for BMW. Again it's the image...

But if a girl notices me just for what I have, generally she's not worth more than a hit it and quit one night kinda deal.
Haha! Yeah, ugly guys are SOL. It also helps to dress nice. I work in banking so I'm usually in a nice tie, French cuffs, etc. but then again, I feel weird dressed like **** in a BMW. Khaki cargo shorts and a polo are as casual as I go. T-shirt on some occasions. I've been itching for a ninja lately though.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #20
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
...but e46s still look damn good and I could see how someone uninformed about cars could think it's still a 20k car

^c***s
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote