E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Uncle meets resistance in planning Tsarnaev's burial

Quote:
John Bacon, USA TODAY5:31 p.m. EDT May 5, 2013

Ruslan Tsarni met with Massachusetts funeral home director
Some cemeteries have refused to take the body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev
Funeral director says some have called him "un-American" for handling burial
Relatives of suspected Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev visited the Graham, Putnum & Mahoney Funeral Parlors on Sunday, planning to wash Tsarnaev's body in the traditional Islamic fashion and make funeral arrangements, The Boston Globe reported.

Tsarnaev's uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, is overseeing the burial arrangements, although where the burial takes place has not been determined. Some local cemeteries have rejected requests to bury Tsarnaev, the Globe said.

A handful of flag-waving protesters had stood outside the funeral home in Worcester, Mass., on Saturday. One sign read: "Do not bury him on U.S. soil." Several people drove by the funeral home Sunday and yelled, including one man who shouted, "Throw him off a boat like Osama bin Laden!"

Tsarnaev and his young brother, Dzhokhar, are Muslims from the Chechen area of Russia. Tamerlan, 26, was killed in a gunbattle with police days after the April 15 bombings. Dzhokhar, 19, is being held on charges that could being the death penalty.

Tsarni has denounced them both, saying they brought shame to their family and to the Chechen community.

Tsarni said he appreciated the help of the funeral home's director, Peter Stefan. He said he understands that "no one wants to associate their names with such evil acts" as the bombings that killed three people and left more than 260 injured.

"Tamerlan Tsarnaev has no other place to be buried. There is no other place to accept this body," Tsarni said. "He lived in America. He grew up here and for the last 10 years he decided to be in Cambridge. ... His home 'country' is Cambridge, Mass."

Stefan said Tsarni told him he is eager to bury his nephew. "They just want to get it over with," Stefan said.

The funeral director, whom some people have called "un-American" for being willing to handle Tsarnaev's funeral, said he has a professional obligation.

"We take an oath to do this. Can I pick and choose? No. Can I separate the sins from the sinners? No," Stefan said. "We are burying a dead body. That's what we do."

The state medical examiner ruled that Tsarnaev died from gunshot wounds and blunt trauma to his head and torso, and released the body Friday. Stefan said representatives from the family's legal team would likely photograph the body before it is washed.

After the body is washed, no further medical examination can be conducted without violating the religious burial tradition, Stefan said.

"Once that body is washed and shrouded, the only place we're going after that is to the cemetery," Stefan said.

So Timothy McVeigh gets a burial after blowing up half of a building and Tsarnaev is refused? What gives? I thought we were a Christian nation. Isn't forgiveness part of Jesus teachings.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Last edited by phrozen06; 05-06-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1367861253
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
So Timothy McVeigh gets a burial after blowing up half of a building and Tsarnaev is refused? What gives? I thought we were a Christian nation. Isn't forgiveness part of Jesus teachings.
Stupid statement.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Chum the waters off Mass with this guy, who cares.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
phrozen06
NA V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Stupid statement.
why is he being refused burial?

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Stanc3

My Ride: 99' JB 328i
^^Crazy how the Oklahoma building didn't collapse..... Must not have had those "intense" paper and desk fires that WTC building 7 had!

- Albert Einstein
- Chad
Stanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanc3 View Post
^^Crazy how the Oklahoma building didn't collapse..... Must not have had those "intense" paper and desk fires that WTC building 7 had!
What a wonderfully well thought out statement.
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
phrozen06
NA V8

Quote:

Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Stupid statement.
seriously.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Kaput is going to sniff this statement out.

Why not just cremate him? It's eco friendly.

Last edited by badfast; 05-06-2013 at 12:42 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Fergo

Quote:
I thought we were a Christian nation. Isn't forgiveness part of Jesus teachings.
Quote:
Ok, sorry I shall clarify what I found stupid. I could care less if they refuse to bury him.
It really has nothing to do with this nation being founded on Christian beliefs. It has to do with no one wanted a terrorist buried on the grounds of their cemetery

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 05-06-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Stupid statement.
Which part? Should McVeigh have been denied burial as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Cue Muslim hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #13
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:

We are a nation of religious freedom. I'm sure you know that.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
phrozen06
NA V8

Quote:
Stupid statement.
Quote:
Ok, sorry I shall clarify what I found stupid. I could care less if they refuse to bury him.
All the other nutbags in this country that aren't refused burial..why this guy? Just asking the question.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Is cremation not allowed in Islam? I seriously don't know.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Quote:
Because people who own the land and cemetaries dont want people to come visit only to desecrate it or whatever else.. cant blame them

the gov. should step in and toss it off the side of a boat into the ocean
Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Probably because the rage is still high 3 weeks after the incident.
And the cemetery managers probably think that there will be vandalism or protests at the cemetery if he is buried there.

McVeigh was killed in prison a few years after the bombing and I guess the rage had diminished.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Fergo

Quote:
All the other nutbags in this country that aren't refused burial..why this guy? Just asking the question.
I did a quick ninja edit to my statement above. I can't speak to timothy mcveigh, I was a youngin at the time, But I guess they just don't want a terrorist buried on the grounds though

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
He would have been refused to be buried at a military cemetary........ but he was cremated and his ashes given to his lawyer. Plus his death was years and years later...... Not necessarily a "Too Soon?" moment.

Hard to compare the two......

Last edited by cd330; 05-06-2013 at 12:50 PM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #20
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
^ and his lawyer disposed of the ashes in an undisclosed manner.. so no one will ever know.