E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,533
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Yeah, that's a wise idea Morons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L. View Post
Yeah go have a baby and then decide if its a bright idea to put a 7 month old in the water. Idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
That is unbelievably irresponsible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T R E View Post
this. and at this age, there is no development being made. truly pointless.
Do you guys support participation medals in youth sports?
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
TruckDaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The []_[] Miami
Posts: 6
My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Had something gone wrong in that vid, no doubt in my mind every one in this thread would be saying, "How irresponsible to let an 8 month old on a ski."
__________________

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #23
gueste46
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,607
Looked fun to me. Kid was as safe as a kid could be.
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #24
fayraree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NoVa
Posts: 877
My Ride: 04 M3 vert
__________________
It's true what they say about vertzzz...
fayraree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #25
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
Looked fun to me. Kid was as safe as a kid could be.
I think I saw a gun sitting on the bank; he could've jumped off the ski and used the gun on family.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #26
So Lowww
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,983
My Ride: E36M
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I think I saw a gun sitting on the bank; he could've jumped off the ski and used the gun on family.
No lie I laughed out loud
__________________
S T A N C E | W O R K S
So Lowww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #27
Alan L.
TWC Alumni
 
Alan L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,570
My Ride: AW M-Sport
Again those of you with the stupid replies obviously have no clue what you are saying because you don't have a child of your own. Look up what a 7 month old baby should be doing and then decide how safe this baby is being in the water. Infants this age should be doing things like being able to sit up on their own without falling over and can not even crawl or stand yet.

At some point you'll have your own child and when he/she is 7 months old realize just how stupid this is.
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R |||More Photos of my car here|||

Last edited by Alan L.; 05-07-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Alan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #28
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Shallow water would make for an easy head injury. 7 months old aren't exactly steady on their feet and their grip isn't vise like, so there is a decent chance of the kid slipping off and hitting his head. I'm far from over protective, but some situations readily lend themselves to injury for no good reason. I'm all for a skinned knee and bumps and bruises...head injuries on a toddler are just facepalm worthy.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #29
rarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: over the rainbow
Posts: 270
My Ride: E28 535i, E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L. View Post
Again those of you with the stupid replies obviously have no clue what you are saying because you don't have a child of your own. Look up what a 7 month old baby should be doing and then decide how safe this baby is being in the water. Infants this age should be doing things like being able to sit up on their own without falling over and can not even crawl or stand yet.

At some point you'll have your own child and when he/she is 7 months old realize just how stupid this is.
exactly
rarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #30
rarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: over the rainbow
Posts: 270
My Ride: E28 535i, E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr jdm View Post
shallow water would make for an easy head injury. 7 months old aren't exactly steady on their feet and their grip isn't vise like, so there is a decent chance of the kid slipping off and hitting his head. I'm far from over protective, but some situations readily lend themselves to injury for no good reason. I'm all for a skinned knee and bumps and bruises...head injuries on a toddler are just facepalm worthy.
+1
rarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #31
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Do you guys support participation medals in youth sports?
Do you prefer apples or oranges?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L. View Post
Again those of you with the stupid replies obviously have no clue what you are saying because you don't have a child of your own. Look up what a 7 month old baby should be doing and then decide how safe this baby is being in the water. Infants this age should be doing things like being able to sit up on their own without falling over and can not even crawl or stand yet.

At some point you'll have your own child and when he/she is 7 months old realize just how stupid this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Shallow water would make for an easy head injury. 7 months old aren't exactly steady on their feet and their grip isn't vise like, so there is a decent chance of the kid slipping off and hitting his head. I'm far from over protective, but some situations readily lend themselves to injury for no good reason. I'm all for a skinned knee and bumps and bruises...head injuries on a toddler are just facepalm worthy.
Thank you!

x 2
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
fayraree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NoVa
Posts: 877
My Ride: 04 M3 vert
7.5 month old baby on learner ski!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L. View Post
Again those of you with the stupid replies obviously have no clue what you are saying because you don't have a child of your own. Look up what a 7 month old baby should be doing and then decide how safe this baby is being in the water. Infants this age should be doing things like being able to sit up on their own without falling over and can not even crawl or stand yet.

At some point you'll have your own child and when he/she is 7 months old realize just how stupid this is.
There are always exceptions though, right?

Every few millennia... *cue X-men theme*


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
It's true what they say about vertzzz...
fayraree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #33
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,615
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarus View Post
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarus View Post
+1
Learn multi-quote dude.

You guys are in fact worry warts, it would be impossible for that kid to be injured... Do you understand the fact it is a PERSON pulling the skis, not a pwc?

I just don't see why you guys are freaking out, putting your kids in a vehicle is more dangerous than what they are doing.
__________________
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #34
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I'm calling Child Protective Services on all y'all.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #35
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
Learn multi-quote dude.

You guys are in fact worry warts, it would be impossible for that kid to be injured... Do you understand the fact it is a PERSON pulling the skis, not a pwc?

I just don't see why you guys are freaking out, putting your kids in a vehicle is more dangerous than what they are doing.
Please do not procreate if you see no opportunity for injury here. It doesn't matter what was pulling him or how fast. If that kid lets go, mommy isn't going to be able to do anything about his head hitting the surface the lies beneath the water. She'll simply be able to pull him up out of the water so that he doesn't drown.

I guess it is tough for some people without kids to see what can go wrong and understand the physical and mental development of a toddler.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #36
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,615
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Please do not procreate if you see no opportunity for injury here.


I guess it is tough for some people without kids to see what can go wrong and understand the physical and mental development of a toddler.
So you say I don't understand because I don't have kids.... Then you tell me not to procreate? How will I ever understand?

Seriously though... The kid is not going to drop like a sack of potatoes and hit the surface underneith the water, he/she weighs nothing.

Let's just agree to disagree, eh?
__________________

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 05-08-2013 at 12:16 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #37
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
He has a life jacket on. How would he hit the surface?
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #38
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
He has a life jacket on. How would he hit the surface?
C'mon man, this is a F2B type of question.

Unless you've never worn a life jacket and either fallen off of skis or jumped in a boat, you know it is easy to go under water with that sort of momentum...the jacket is there to bring you back to the surface
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #39
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
C'mon man, this is a F2B type of question.

Unless you've never worn a life jacket and either fallen off of skis or jumped in a boat, you know it is easy to go under water with that sort of momentum...the jacket is there to bring you back to the surface
With the lack of speed, his lack of weight, he would sink a few inches and resurface, but he wouldn't smack on the surface. The only potential injury I could see would be something with his neck, and that's debatable.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #40
jmcdolej
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anderson, IN
Posts: 565
My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
For sure could hit his head on a rock. Needs a helmet. I dont understand how this is impressive though. He is just holding on. He is not skiing. I was 6 before I could water ski.
__________________

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use