E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #61
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
I'm just getting home from dinner. I've emailed Chris to see if we can get an official statement from Chris/HPF about this and put all the rumors to rest.

Sad day for customers and the E46 community. Say what you will about whatever but HPF brought a new product to market for the E46 M3. I think that is a cool and it is sad for everyone involved. If it is true then all the owners can pull together to become their own support network and I hope that E46Fanatics can be a part of that.

Tim

Last edited by tim330i; 05-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #62
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Anyways, there is no more bat line right? well feel free to PM me and i will be glad to give my number to help others.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #63
ILLuSioNz X

My Ride: 03 TiAg E46 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
Fair enough. But let's say Chris didn't have a Drag car, a race car and 3-4 more times shop space than anybody really ever would need. There's your 200k+ in the last 2 years that could have saved HPF.
They probably overshot their sales forecasts, and spent more money than they normally would have if they thought twice about their decisions, its a common mistake amongst small businesses nowadays.

Last edited by ILLuSioNz X; 05-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.
ILLuSioNz X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #64
BaDiNfLuEnCe

My Ride: 04 m3, 06 jeep srt8
Cant lie.. As much drama was involved.. Never would you want anyones business to just close like this.. Very very sad

[/IMG][/URL]
BaDiNfLuEnCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #65
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
If it is true then all the owners can pull together to become their own support network and I hope that E46Fanatics can be a part of that.

Tim
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
Anyways, there is no more bat line right? well feel free to PM me and i will be glad to give my number to help others.
Glad your being or making yourself available to any and every HPF Owner that has a question.

Thank you, I Appreciate.
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #66
Mike Ngo

My Ride: e46 m3
Send a message via AIM to Mike Ngo
Any HPF techs looking to move east, I have a technician position available!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #67
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Unlocked AEM Series 1 - Version 1 with Harness available...Starting Bid 2K go!!! Lol
Suddenly the AEM V1 is the 'hot ticket' EMS again. Lol

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #68
Irishace

My Ride: Dakar E36 M3
Expenses > Revenue. Owner had an appetite for spending money on 'shop cars'. I bet you can get a piece of HPF history now for a lot cheaper than 45k. The harsh reality is they did not evolve from platform to platform and drive new revenue streams. To suggest the business failed because someone siphoned off 200k is ludicrous. They should have moved on to other, larger market platforms. They did not and failed as a result. Sad day for sure, chalk another one up to horrible management.

Last edited by Irishace; 05-06-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Irishace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #69
Evil Twin Rob

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E465 View Post
+1

For them to accept a $5,000 deposit TODAY and not give notice of their possible insolvency is pretty unethical if you ask me.

I'm with dallasberry on this one, as much as it sucks to admit.
I spoke with Kirk this morning, and none of the salesmen knew this was going down.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #70
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
Expenses > Revenue. Owner had an appetite for spending money on 'shop cars'. I bet you can get a piece of HPF history now for a lot cheaper than 45k. The harsh reality is they did not evolve from platform to platform and drive new revenue streams. To suggest the business failed because someone siphoned off 200k is ludicrous. They should have moved on to other, larger market platforms. They did not and failed as a result. Sad day for sure, chalk another one up to horrible management.
This statement is based on what?? What actual documentation do you have, as an investor since Dec I have seen the documentation? I was positive that HPF would win the suit against the insurance company, but in fact they did not. Anyone with real business experience would tell you that $200,000 net would take about $580,000 gross to make up on top of your regular growth. Add in a 28% increase in rent, higher insurance rates because of the theft, higher processing fees because of the theft, it added up to a perfect storm. Shop car expenditures are 100% tax write off, plus $.45 per mile to promote it. I invested a lot of money that I have lost now, it was not from a management error. It was a combination of very specific events that caused this. Shitty day for a lot of people, mostly for the staff. Not trying to flame anyone, just upset like everyone else. End of an era of high horsepower e46 M3's!

Last edited by Forcefed M3; 05-06-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Forcefed M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #71
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin Rob View Post
I spoke with Kirk this morning, and none of the salesmen knew this was going down.
Rob is right, even Chris didn't know until today. It's a shock to everyone, where is the damn scotch!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #72
IceCold1906

My Ride: HPF Stage 2
This really blows in every way. I just got my kit reinstalled with some extra goodies and never expected these series of event to take place. I hope HPF finds some way to get the ball rolling again and support the people who purchased any of their products. It's unfortunate people are left with motors ready to ship, builds that may or may not be finished, and plans severed. Everyone is losing right now.

2004 E46 M3 - R.I.P. Feb 14th 2013
HPF Stage 2 | 19" OZ Botticelli III(245 Front / 275 Rear) | Tubi Style Exhaust | H&R Springs | Dinan Performance Software
IceCold1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #73
skidawg112

My Ride: 2002 M3 COUPE 6SPD
Shipped my car out to HPF back in September...been 8 months and I was sooo close to having this installed and the car being buttoned up this week. I'm really sorry to hear about HPF...KIRK DORR AND CHRIS K, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! Thank you for everything you've done! We gotta get this beast up and running somehow

Brand New OEM Block
Brand New Crank
Darton Sleeves
DOC Racing Tubular Manifold
6766 Turbo
Stage 3 Exhaust with open dumps
and the list goes on...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doc 1.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	504344   Click image for larger version

Name:	doc 2.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	504345   Click image for larger version

Name:	doc 3.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	504346  
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #74
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidawg112 View Post
Shipped my car out to HPF back in September...been 8 months and I was sooo close to having this installed and the car being buttoned up this week. I'm really sorry to hear about HPF...KIRK DORR AND CHRIS K, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! Thank you for everything you've done! We gotta get this beast up and running somehow

Brand New OEM Block
Brand New Crank
Darton Sleeves
DOC Racing Tubular Manifold
6766 Turbo
Stage 3 Exhaust with open dumps
and the list goes on...
Man that sucks hard...
Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #75
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
I'm just getting home from dinner. I've emailed Chris to see if we can get an official statement from Chris/HPF about this and put all the rumors to rest.

Sad day for customers and the E46 community. Say what you will about whatever but HPF brought a new product to market for the E46 M3. I think that is a cool and it is sad for everyone involved. If it is true then all the owners can pull together to become their own support network and I hope that E46Fanatics can be a part of that.

Tim
its a very sad, day, no one is going to lose money that they spent on hpf today. Theyre not in business to jack people when they got money stolen from them.

Tim did nail it in the head about HPF, fans to haters they did bring the first turbo kit to the e46 platform, and I personally I have only really seen a lot of great things come out of hpf. I may not have all the experience as a customer, but from what Ive seen they have represented our platform extremely well and through the years Im quite proud what they have achieved for the e46 m3.

I wish chris B the best, you don't have to have sympathy for chris if you don't want, you can hate on him, but atleast some respect in this thread for what the guy has done for the community.

please be respectful in this thread. Or I will just close it. simple.

If youre reading chris, your friends in the community are in shock and wish you well and only the best as always.

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #76
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Sad indeed
I doubt anyone would want such a harm to them, may your business be up and running and keep fanatics happy again

-Russ
Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #77
nicholse46

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3 ZCP
I had a $5,000 deposit as week to get a kit put on... Was planning on driving from Florida to Mfest then shipping car to Portland... Now I don't know what I'm doing, if I should even drive to Mfest... Who I can call to find out about how to get my deposit back... If anyone knows anything or ways to get in touch with Chris B, thought we awesome... And if anyone wants my number that wants to help just message me...

Was supposed to meet up with the crew in Texas to drive to Mfest :-(

Please anyone that knows some sort of contact with Chris B please let me know... Thanks

Lol really confused on what I need to do now lol
nicholse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #78
04cbM3

My Ride: M3
Man that sucks. It really sucks for the z4m and 335 guys that gave their cars for r&d...
04cbM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #79
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholse46 View Post
Go to Mfest...put deposit on MaxPSI kit
Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #80
giofrem

My Ride: 2004 m3
My engine been at HPF for the last month getting rebuilt stage 3 I live thousands of miles away and im not worried so you guys should not be worried. give it some time guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholse46 View Post
I had a $5,000 deposit as week to get a kit put on... Was planning on driving from Florida to Mfest then shipping car to Portland... Now I don't know what I'm doing, if I should even drive to Mfest... Who I can call to find out about how to get my deposit back... If anyone knows anything or ways to get in touch with Chris B, thought we awesome... And if anyone wants my number that wants to help just message me...

Was supposed to meet up with the crew in Texas to drive to Mfest :-(

Please anyone that knows some sort of contact with Chris B please let me know... Thanks

giofrem is offline   Reply With Quote