E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #41
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
No more text help for you
Awh now he's getting all upset. don't be mad cause you're in the negatives!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #42
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,284
My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
You have a spare $250,000-350,000?
The last I was sell for was $215 and that guy got it for a song.

Heck, even as a posty partial parts kits are 35-50k IIRC and thats not a complete kit.

Last edited by tailo; 05-10-2013 at 11:26 AM.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #43
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Help me understand why colt AR's get such a premium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
You have a spare $250,000-350,000?
One went for 185$k and I could justify that. Appreciating asset. My company could make that investment :shh:


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Exitus acta probat

Last edited by GasKing; 05-10-2013 at 01:30 PM.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #44
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Help me understand why colt AR's get such a premium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
One went for 185$k and I could justify that. Appreciating asset. My company could make that investment. :shh:


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Exitus acta probat
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #45
EndlessAP1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 588
My Ride: e92 M3, e70 X5, TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I understand they are the OG ar15, I own one as well. But I never understood why they have such fanatics and command a premium over other ar15s?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
They are not a premium at all. I am an owner of 5 of them and can tell you new the LE6940 is going for $1325 plus shipping.

The Hk MR556 is over $2500. That is premium, not the Colt.
__________________
Acura TL
E92 M3
E70 X5
EndlessAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #46
EndlessAP1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 588
My Ride: e92 M3, e70 X5, TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
You have a spare $250,000-350,000?
Last year they had one for sale in Oregon for $56,000. You guys are a little off on your prices.

And FYI, we are now back to normal gun prices here in the northeast.

Colts are $1300+
DD are $1200+
Spikes are $700+
LMT are $1100+
Noveske are $1300+
Hk are $2500+
__________________
Acura TL
E92 M3
E70 X5

Last edited by EndlessAP1; 05-11-2013 at 07:34 PM.
EndlessAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #47
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAP1 View Post
Last year they had one for sale in Oregon for $56,000. You guys are a little off on your prices.

And FYI, we are now back to normal gun prices here in the northeast.

Colts are $1300+
DD are $1200+
Spikes are $700+
LMT are $1100+
Noveske are $1300+
Hk are $2500+

$56k... Id buy it in a heartbeat... i need to leave NY
__________________
Exitus acta probat
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #48
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
NY group buy on land down south? anyone have any leads? i promise we wont try to fuck with your local politics. we are simply seeking political asylum.
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #49
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,851
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAP1 View Post
Last year they had one for sale in Oregon for $56,000. You guys are a little off on your prices.

And FYI, we are now back to normal gun prices here in the northeast.

Colts are $1300+
DD are $1200+
Spikes are $700+
LMT are $1100+
Noveske are $1300+
Hk are $2500+
No way that was transferable at $56k. That was probably a post sample.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #50
EndlessAP1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 588
My Ride: e92 M3, e70 X5, TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
No way that was transferable at $56k. That was probably a post sample.
I can't recall. There were a couple if I recall in two different counties and the pics looked 1980's. The price craze is over here and has been for about a month or so. Everything is back to normal pretty much.
__________________
Acura TL
E92 M3
E70 X5

Last edited by EndlessAP1; 05-12-2013 at 12:15 AM.
EndlessAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #51
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,851
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAP1 View Post
I can't recall. There were a couple if I recall in two different counties and the pics looked 1980's. The price craze is over here and has been for about a month or so. Everything is back to normal pretty much.
These is no real price craze for transferable machine guns. The demand for them may have gone up recently, but not much as a result of the madness.

The fact remains that there are less than 10 transferrable mini guns in the US today, that were added to the registry prior to the 1986 ban. Because of this, every one of them is worth an absolute fortune. I say again, $56k wouldn't buy a 1/4 interest in a transferrable one. The fact prices have dipped back to normal on other stuff out your way has zero bearing on this.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #52
EndlessAP1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 588
My Ride: e92 M3, e70 X5, TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
These is no real price craze for transferable machine guns. The demand for them may have gone up recently, but not much as a result of the madness.

The fact remains that there are less than 10 transferrable mini guns in the US today, that were added to the registry prior to the 1986 ban. Because of this, every one of them is worth an absolute fortune. I say again, $56k wouldn't buy a 1/4 interest in a transferrable one. The fact prices have dipped back to normal on other stuff out your way has zero bearing on this.
Although I see your point, I disagree 100%. I know what I saw with my own eyes. That is not debatable. So what if the gun was $56,000. I wouldn't have bought it regardless of what claimed prices are today. You can claim everything you want and you would still be incorrect. Look, I am not debating fact. I don't get into pissing matches when I know that people are wrong and what I saw with my own eyes. You can link guns all you want but fact will remain that they were not going for that or even close to that price 12-48 months ago.

I never said there was a price craze for pre 1986's guns. I said in general.

Read before you respond please.

This is exactly why I stopped posting on this forum awhile ago because there are very few people that know anything about guns here and insist they are right even when folks see guns with their own two eyes.

I will not respond to this thread or look at it again. Back to the R8 and newer M3 forums.

Good day sir.
__________________
Acura TL
E92 M3
E70 X5

Last edited by EndlessAP1; 05-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
EndlessAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #53
budman
-not a mod-
 
budman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: South Flo Rida
Posts: 31,567
My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
__________________
-Gunnar
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #54
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #55
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,851
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAP1 View Post
Although I see your point, I disagree 100%. I know what I saw with my own eyes. That is not debatable. So what if the gun was $56,000. I wouldn't have bought it regardless of what claimed prices are today. You can claim everything you want and you would still be incorrect. Look, I am not debating fact. I don't get into pissing matches when I know that people are wrong and what I saw with my own eyes. You can link guns all you want but fact will remain that they were not going for that or even close to that price 12-48 months ago.

I never said there was a price craze for pre 1986's guns. I said in general.

Read before you respond please.

This is exactly why I stopped posting on this forum awhile ago because there are very few people that know anything about guns here and insist they are right even when folks see guns with their own two eyes.

I will not respond to this thread or look at it again. Back to the R8 and newer M3 forums.

Good day sir.
at least you cleared something up. Beyond a doubt the most clueless person to ever post in the Gun Forum. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #56
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,284
My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAP1 View Post
Although I see your point, I disagree 100%. I know what I saw with my own eyes. That is not debatable. So what if the gun was $56,000. I wouldn't have bought it regardless of what claimed prices are today. You can claim everything you want and you would still be incorrect. Look, I am not debating fact. I don't get into pissing matches when I know that people are wrong and what I saw with my own eyes. You can link guns all you want but fact will remain that they were not going for that or even close to that price 12-48 months ago.

I never said there was a price craze for pre 1986's guns. I said in general.

Read before you respond please.

This is exactly why I stopped posting on this forum awhile ago because there are very few people that know anything about guns here and insist they are right even when folks see guns with their own two eyes.

I will not respond to this thread or look at it again. Back to the R8 and newer M3 forums.

Good day sir.
You can't recall if it was transferable or not and then you get pissy about it when somebody says what it really is? Several of us on here own fully transferrable, I have 3 myself. We know what the markets like and I can assure you that the panic had little to do with the prices of items that were banned before you were born.

This is what annoys me about the panic. Every jackleg who never needed a ar until they paid 4k for a bushmaster a month ago is now showing up acting like some kind of expert. The IQ level of my local range has dropped dramatically.long time shooting buddies are no longer going to the public ranges because of people like this.

Last edited by tailo; 05-13-2013 at 12:24 AM.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use