E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #41
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholse46 View Post
Will I be getting parts for my stage 1 kit since I put down a big deposit ?
Working on it man, I don't know what parts are what and where they are. I'm working on getting Kirk and I back in. Never been through this before, really trying guys. I'm not known for my patients and waiting for my attorney and their attorney to talk is killing me.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #42
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
To everyone helping in this situation, Thank you. This situation sucks for everyone involved but its nice to see there are still some good people out there helping others with nothing to really gain.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #43
SilentAttack

My Ride: M3
My cousins car is a HPF Kirk or Force Fed M3 please chime in..... We are trying to get info on how to get it from the shop and have not heard or been able to contact anyone on it. This is his car. Please PM me with any info I need on getting the car back to TN.

Thanks

_nr_
Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #44
yagesz

My Ride: 05 M3 SG/IR
Hey,

Just want to know about my

Suspension, Exhaust, Stoptech Brakes, Bushings, and A couple little parts.

I know its not an engine or a car inshop. But all of this is Paid for in full - shipping.

Any info would be great.

Yager

2005 Space Grey M3 w/ Imola Red Interior 6MT

My Build:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=934353

Last edited by yagesz; 05-11-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #45
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Anyone that has brakes frok stoptech thru hpf. should contact Steve at optionauto.com, they are who hpf goes thru for stoptech. But most likely you won't get then because optionauto does not bill hpf til parts are going out the door.

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App
Old 05-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #46
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAttack View Post
My cousins car is a HPF Kirk or Force Fed M3 please chime in..... We are trying to get info on how to get it from the shop and have not heard or been able to contact anyone on it. This is his car. Please PM me with any info I need on getting the car back to TN.

Thanks

_nr_
I talked to your friend yesterday about the car, it all safe and secure. It happens to be parked beside my car that is stuck in there also. Issues with the property management have been resolved through HPF's and my attorney. It's a real mess in there, but with Kirks help he should be able to get the remaining orders out this week.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #47
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
Does HPF owe you MONEY, PARTS, or LABOR .. What can WE do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 View Post
I talked to your friend yesterday about the car, it all safe and secure. It happens to be parked beside my car that is stuck in there also. Issues with the property management have been resolved through HPF's and my attorney. It's a real mess in there, but with Kirks help he should be able to get the remaining orders out this week.
Does this mean I have hope for my 6766 and associated parts being shipped out? Also my tune for my 6766 I had paid for was never emailed to me. Is it possible to get that as well?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #48
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Derek, since you have the unlocking PC and everyone with a kit is currently screwed with a locked ECU I would suggest collecting a nominal fee ($250? $500) to unlock ecu's for people and load base tunes (ie if they were in the process of upgrading from 1 to 2, or 2 to 2.5, etc) .. take the money collected from that (since there are no hard goods involved or costs other than time) and re-distribute it to the customers who are out money or parts.

With 150 kits on the road and likely 100+ of them still locked I bet almost all of them would step forward for this service, possibly bringing in $25k+.. that should be enough to probably resolve MOST of the missing money and or parts refund issues.

Just a thought.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 05-11-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #49
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
The only reason the EMS was locked was for warranty purposes...does Derek inherent the Warranty requirements as well? Have to look at the paperwork...

Unlocking should be free IMO...or $50 to cover the time.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #50
GRK///M3

My Ride: LSB M3
Re: Does HPF owe you MONEY, PARTS, or LABOR .. What can WE do ?

Derek, I'll be first...need mine unlocked ASAP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by GRK///M3; 05-11-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #51
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
The only reason the EMS was locked was for warranty purposes...does Derek inherent the Warranty requirements as well? Have to look at the paperwork...

Unlocking should be free IMO...or $50 to cover the time.
I guess I should have made that more clear... The fee paid to unlock the ems would be used as a fundraiser to bail out those who lost money and or parts.

New Build by Lab22

Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #52
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I guess I should have made that more clear... The fee paid to unlock the ems would be used as a fundraiser to bail out those who lost money and or parts.
Ahhh well in that case that would be a good idea...as long as the funds were returned to those owed money/parts.

Kirk I would trust to manage that.

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 05-11-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #53
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Ahhh well in that case that would be a good idea...as long as the funds were returned to those owed money/parts.
I would suggest an Escrow service. With Kirk or someone trusted managing the Escrow account.

New Build by Lab22

Old 05-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #54
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
That's a pretty cool idea. Not trying to coc block of whatever its called I've talked tons few well know arm guys in tx and they all say they can unlock it....

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App
Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #55
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3

I like the idea of raising funds to help out those who r out of pocket... And if thats to much to manage another idea would be to public domain the unlock sequence. Both would be charitable given the situation.

Last edited by being3; 05-12-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #56
Cipri

My Ride: E46 M3 2002

It's not so hard, one good electrician could copy very easy the connecting cable, you just need to follow the pins from a HPF cable...
The 1000$ to get it unlocked by HPF was outrageous, it was a mockery on the customers.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #57
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipri View Post
It's not so hard, one good electrician could copy very easy the connecting cable, you just need to follow the pins from a HPF cable...
The 1000$ to get it unlocked by HPF was outrageous, it was a mockery on the customers.

Charging for the ECU to be unlocked is a bit silly considering you're supposedly giving up your warranty.. I can understand charging for the labor , be it 15 minutes or what ever.. but $1000 was ridiculous. Regardless my only thought behind that was using it as a means to raise funds to assist with customers.. but obviously that is pretty wishful thinking on my part.

New Build by Lab22

Old 05-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #58
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Charging for the ECU to be unlocked is a bit silly considering you're supposedly giving up your warranty.. I can understand charging for the labor , be it 15 minutes or what ever.. but $1000 was ridiculous. Regardless my only thought behind that was using it as a means to raise funds to assist with customers.. but obviously that is pretty wishful thinking on my part.
still a good idea but my vote goes for posting it online and then when the stragglers come on e46f a few months later looking to unlock we can direct them to the link.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #59
nicholse46

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3 ZCP
I like the fund raising idea since I'm out money and no parts... Hopefully there are enough parts for the amount of missing orders :-/
Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #60
John Reed

My Ride: AE86
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I can help customers with getting their ECU unlocked and any tuning they need. Not sure how to even charge for stuff, I want to help everyone best I can, I know many have paid money already and are losing parts/money, but have to balance with not ending up on the street myself. So we can take each deal as it comes and figure out something that works for everyone. In the end hopefully gaining some long term good customers will be the trade off.

I have also been in communication with Kirk to get existing cars at the shop tuned and finished up for customers as soon as access can be gained, along with supporting distance customers with remote or travel tuning. There were some good guys working there, and it shows when things hit the fan.

Please email, I don't have much luck keeping up on PMs across the various forums I browse and a lot of messages get missed.

johnreedracing@gmail.com
Closed Thread