E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #61
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
I have not inherited the HPF warranties, I lost out just like everyone else. I do have the software to unlock the AEM units, plus I have 25 AEM Infinities coming at month end.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #62
GRK///M3

My Ride: LSB M3
Re: Does HPF owe you MONEY, PARTS, or LABOR .. What can WE do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Reed View Post
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I can help customers with getting their ECU unlocked and any tuning they need. Not sure how to even charge for stuff, I want to help everyone best I can, I know many have paid money already and are losing parts/money, but have to balance with not ending up on the street myself. So we can take each deal as it comes and figure out something that works for everyone. In the end hopefully gaining some long term good customers will be the trade off.

I have also been in communication with Kirk to get existing cars at the shop tuned and finished up for customers as soon as access can be gained, along with supporting distance customers with remote or travel tuning. There were some good guys working there, and it shows when things hit the fan.

Please email, I don't have much luck keeping up on PMs across the various forums I browse and a lot of messages get missed.

johnreedracing@gmail.com
Email sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #63
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 View Post
I have not inherited the HPF warranties, I lost out just like everyone else. I do have the software to unlock the AEM units, plus I have 25 AEM Infinities coming at month end.
Why would you have 25 Infinities coming?

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Old 05-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #64
Forcefed M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Why would you have 25 Infinities coming?
They were bought and paid for before they failed and are badged hpf on them, probably will try to return what I can't sell.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #65
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
Quote:
They were bought and paid for before they failed and are badged hpf on them, probably will try to return what I can't sell.
haha. when stickers, t-shirts, and hats aren't enough, why not put your name on someone else's product?

Last edited by daemonicus; 05-13-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #66
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
i do want to say though that i'm impressed with how you're handling everything. you obviously don't owe anything to the community so i'm glad you're stepping up to the plate and doing what you can.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #67
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Oh thank god, for a second there I thought you guys missed a vital part of your scheme.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Old 05-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #68
Providence

My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence
Quote:
A few weeks ago Kirk mentioned that aem was going to make the s54 harness for infinity in a few months , any info on that from aem ? since those infinities carry hpf badge it must have smt to do with a s54 pnp release imo.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #69
Forcefed M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Oh thank god, for a second there I thought you guys missed a vital part of your scheme.
No scheme, I am now liquidating trying to get my money back. Don't let the school girl rumors fool you. HPF is gone, Chris will not be returning to the car scene.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #70
Forcefed M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
A few weeks ago Kirk mentioned that aem was going to make the s54 harness for infinity in a few months , any info on that from aem ? since those infinities carry hpf badge it must have smt to do with a s54 pnp release imo.
Correct, I talked with the vp of AEM last week. The ONLY missing part is the plug and play harness.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #71
Providence

My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence
Quote:
Correct, I talked with the vp of AEM last week. The ONLY missing part is the plug and play harness.
So will they complete the harness for s54 ?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #72
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
No scheme, I am now liquidating trying to get my money back. Don't let the school girl rumors fool you. HPF is gone, Chris will not be returning to the car scene.
No Scheme my ass...regardless if Chris never goes near a car again then the whole world will be alot safer.

I'm unfamiliar with the US Justice system in regards to bankruptcy but I sure hope he goes to jail for the **** he's pulled driving the company straight into the gutter...there is no other reason other than blatant mis-management on his part.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #73
Forcefed M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
No Scheme my ass...regardless if Chris never goes near a car again then the whole world will be alot safer.

I'm unfamiliar with the US Justice system in regards to bankruptcy but I sure hope he goes to jail for the **** he's pulled driving the company straight into the gutter...there is no other reason other than blatant mis-management on his part.
Your not as smart as you think Kenton, for instance. The company is not doing a bankruptcy for one! 52% of small business's fail with in 15 years. You somehow take your personal views and twist them into some sort of fact with our having a single fact correct! There was not a single law broken that's a fact. The stupid commemts about drug use shows the dept if stupidity in this thread. The amount of "lawyers" on this forum is pretty shocking. I will let you in on a couple of details.
1. Chris contacted the Portland police dept the second theft was known, they took 3 weeks to watch David. Remember it's not a murder and is not high up on the list. Problem was it wasn't just Credit Card fraud, there was wire fraud. Hate to burst people's bubble but there was a lot of other customers than our cars. The credit card companies and banks waited until David was convicted. All hell broke loose with them the week prior to closing.

2. More than 6 months before the theft Chris changed insurance companies for a cheaper rate with what was to be "same" type of coverage. The emails between the agent and Chris supported that argument. Problem was the theft coverage and the damage to reputation because of theft changed from $500,000 to $25,000.

3. Here was a big portion of why they failed, they had a sliding scale lease clause. At the 10 year mark the rent would reset to current market value. HPF rent went from $8500 permonth to more than $13,000. Chris and I had been working on sub leasing out more than half of his space. We had completed that two weeks before they closed.

4. The turbo kit sales plunged from 3 per month to one every other month, the only reason this happened was the massive delay in the AEM Infinity. It was supposed to be released 9 months ago. This was a major blow to HPF, that set it up for the next event that killed them.

5. HPF was tagged as a possible fraud location with the credit card companies due to the credit card charge backs looming during David's trial. They raised the processing fee from 1.5% to more than 7.75%. This was brought back down to 1.5% during the repayment talks. But the 7.75 had been cutting deep for 6 months.

6. HPF released a major update to their website 4 weeks before closing, at this point HPF treading water and had worked out repayment plans to the credit card companies. This is a very important part to understand. Each credit card company would get a minimum amount each month. This wasn't a bad deal because HPF was going to appeal the prior case a freeze the payments. They had released Josh the companies 2nd highest paid employee. With the subleases done and Joshes wages freed up it added $125,000 per year! The software update was released on a Tuesday, prior to this the online side did $50,000 per week. Over the next 10 days the sales plunged to $4500-$6000. They quickly switched back to the old version. Kirk can verify this plunge. What ever it was it followed it back to version 3. HPF worked frantically trying to find what they problem was. We are 10 days from closing when Chris hires an outside company to try to find and stop the problem. The problem was located 4 days before they closed. Monday the day they closed, sales had dropped by 75% and everyone had forgotten about the payment plan. Everyone at HPF was focused on the website sales plunging. The first major payment to the credit card companies was to happen that Monday, $32,000 worth of payment. Attempts were made to delay it for 10 days. Calls to their attorneys did not stop it fast enough, in fact it started a frenzy of debit attempts. By 1:00pm it was clear that HPF had no way to make payroll. Under Oregon law, you have to close the second you know you can't make payroll. That's why there was a mid day closure.

7. HPF's property management locked the building delaying the shipping.

They were other mistakes made also, such as that stupid drag car. My point is there was no crazy mismanagement or drug use as people have claimed. My accountant and attorney had been watching the spending. HPF could have entered into chapter 11 bankruptcy had it seen the what was going to happen on Monday. But with the funds yanked out, it left no money for payroll. I was trying to free up the funds to keep it open, but I was weeks out not days. I paid the $26,100 to the property management company to get access back in. Keys will be delivered hopefully today. I expect the orders by the back door to leave very quickly. Guys with cars in the shop, you will hear from Kirk shortly. Once I sell off the website and turbo kit rights I think there should be enough to repay the cash deposit guys. HPF did 94% drop shipping, there was no warehouse full of parts to sell. I really wish there was!

Last edited by Forcefed M3; 05-13-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #74
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Your not as smart as you think Kenton
Try me

Regardless of the issue it is what it is...now it's your problem.

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 05-13-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #75
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Forcefed M3 makes some good points...

all i can say from personal experience that its all true about credit card company,if they see few chargebacks in short period of time they freeze all your funds and if they do release them after long time they will charge you crazy fee, so 7.75% charge on a business that does 95% credit card sales is big money!

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
Old 05-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #76
Forcefed M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PTGSC View Post
Forcefed M3 makes some good points...

all i can say from personal experience that its all true about credit card company,if they see few chargebacks in short period of time they freeze all your funds and if they do release them after long time they will charge you crazy fee, so 7.75% charge on a business that does 95% credit card sales is big money!
You are exactly right! As a business owner myself, it made me lay awake at night. How quickly they fell, it could happen to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Try me
Not trying to fling sh!t at ya. This whole thing sucks.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #77
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Not trying to fling sh!t at ya. This whole thing sucks.
I agree on this...the employees and customers emotionally and financially stressed by this is very unfortunate.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #78
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
Wow I thought the 1.2% credit card was too much but 7.75% that would kill any business in a month people don't understand what running a business really takes and the amount of over head you have no matter how good or bad the business does

On another note what will Chris B. be doing now that he's out of the car scene?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #79
willlangford

My Ride: Widebody VW R32T
Quote:
Your not as smart as you think Kenton, for instance. The company is not doing a bankruptcy for one! 52% of small business's fail with in 15 years. You somehow take your personal views and twist them into some sort of fact with our having a single fact correct! There was not a single law broken that's a fact. The stupid commemts about drug use shows the dept if stupidity in this thread. The amount of "lawyers" on this forum is pretty shocking. I will let you in on a couple of details.
1. Chris contacted the Portland police dept the second theft was known, they took 3 weeks to watch David. Remember it's not a murder and is not high up on the list. Problem was it wasn't just Credit Card fraud, there was wire fraud. Hate to burst people's bubble but there was a lot of other customers than our cars. The credit card companies and banks waited until David was convicted. All hell broke loose with them the week prior to closing.

2. More than 6 months before the theft Chris changed insurance companies for a cheaper rate with what was to be "same" type of coverage. The emails between the agent and Chris supported that argument. Problem was the theft coverage and the damage to reputation because of theft changed from $500,000 to $25,000.

3. Here was a big portion of why they failed, they had a sliding scale lease clause. At the 10 year mark the rent would reset to current market value. HPF rent went from $8500 permonth to more than $13,000. Chris and I had been working on sub leasing out more than half of his space. We had completed that two weeks before they closed.

4. The turbo kit sales plunged from 3 per month to one every other month, the only reason this happened was the massive delay in the AEM Infinity. It was supposed to be released 9 months ago. This was a major blow to HPF, that set it up for the next event that killed them.

5. HPF was tagged as a possible fraud location with the credit card companies due to the credit card charge backs looming during David's trial. They raised the processing fee from 1.5% to more than 7.75%. This was brought back down to 1.5% during the repayment talks. But the 7.75 had been cutting deep for 6 months.

6. HPF released a major update to their website 4 weeks before closing, at this point HPF treading water and had worked out repayment plans to the credit card companies. This is a very important part to understand. Each credit card company would get a minimum amount each month. This wasn't a bad deal because HPF was going to appeal the prior case a freeze the payments. They had released Josh the companies 2nd highest paid employee. With the subleases done and Joshes wages freed up it added $125,000 per year! The software update was released on a Tuesday, prior to this the online side did $50,000 per week. Over the next 10 days the sales plunged to $4500-$6000. They quickly switched back to the old version. Kirk can verify this plunge. What ever it was it followed it back to version 3. HPF worked frantically trying to find what they problem was. We are 10 days from closing when Chris hires an outside company to try to find and stop the problem. The problem was located 4 days before they closed. Monday the day they closed, sales had dropped by 75% and everyone had forgotten about the payment plan. Everyone at HPF was focused on the website sales plunging. The first major payment to the credit card companies was to happen that Monday, $32,000 worth of payment. Attempts were made to delay it for 10 days. Calls to their attorneys did not stop it fast enough, in fact it started a frenzy of debit attempts. By 1:00pm it was clear that HPF had no way to make payroll. Under Oregon law, you have to close the second you know you can't make payroll. That's why there was a mid day closure.

They were other mistakes made also, such as that stupid drag car. My point is there was no crazy mismanagement or drug use as people have claimed. My accountant and attorney had been watching the spending. HPF could have entered into chapter 11 bankruptcy had it seen the what was going to happen on Monday. But with the funds yanked out, it left no money for payroll. I was trying to free up the funds to keep it open, but I was weeks out not days. I paid the $26,100 to the property management company to get access back in. Keys will be delivered hopefully today. I expect the orders by the back door to leave very quickly. Guys with cars in the shop, you will hear from Kirk shortly. Once I sell off the website and turbo kit rights I think there should be enough to repay the cash deposit guys. HPF did 94% drop shipping, there was no warehouse full of parts to sell. I really wish there was!
Finally a real believable truth of what happened. Props to Derek.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #80
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Quote:

Thanks for the explanation brother.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
Closed Thread