E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #241
///Mvious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 240
My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcosmicxx View Post
^^ It's like seeing a ghost! I hope she is treating you well!
Haha...I bet so! Definitely been treating me well...I've owned several other cars, but not one held my interest like this one. I've done a lot of preventative maintenance, some performance (minded) mods, and changed a few things, but for the most part she still looks like she did when I picked her up. Lots of projects/mods planned for the future though...

Hope all is well up there...how'd the cafe racer project turn out? Any new projects?
__________________
///Mvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #242
xxcosmicxx
The OG Black Roof
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,919
My Ride: Long Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBbimmer View Post
Haha...I bet so! Definitely been treating me well...I've owned several other cars, but not one held my interest like this one. I've done a lot of preventative maintenance, some performance (minded) mods, and changed a few things, but for the most part she still looks like she did when I picked her up. Lots of projects/mods planned for the future though...

Hope all is well up there...how'd the cafe racer project turn out? Any new projects?
Glad to hear that! Cafe bike was fun. Gone already, but enjoyable.
__________________
xxcosmicxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #243
///M Protocol
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KC
Posts: 349
My Ride: i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Protocol View Post
can some confirm or deny a report that the gen3 headers blocks the coolant drain plug on the engine block? this will make any engine coolant flush/change extremely difficult.
bump for answer
///M Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #244
///Mvious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 240
My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Protocol View Post
bump for answer
Meant to check when I installed and completely forgot....just took a look from above and there is plenty of room to remove it from the block...not sure how it is getting to it from below though...will look at next oil change...definitely not blocked from coming out of the block though
__________________
///Mvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #245
///M Protocol
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KC
Posts: 349
My Ride: i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBbimmer View Post
Meant to check when I installed and completely forgot....just took a look from above and there is plenty of room to remove it from the block...not sure how it is getting to it from below though...will look at next oil change...definitely not blocked from coming out of the block though
thanks. keep me updated. viewing from the top is very deceiving. the best assessment is when viewing from the bottom. the engine block coolant drain plug is located between the #1 and #2 exhaust ports.
///M Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #246
///Mvious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 240
My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Protocol View Post
thanks. keep me updated. viewing from the top is very deceiving. the best assessment is when viewing from the bottom. the engine block coolant drain plug is located between the #1 and #2 exhaust ports.
I'm very familiar with the engine block coolant drain plug and it's location - from looking above I can tell you the headers do not block it from being removed - getting to it could be tricky though but the next oil change I will report back
__________________
///Mvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #247
01e46325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 12
My Ride: BMW 325Ci
Did anyone by any chance weigh these headers?
01e46325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #248
sedanpowersc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 670
My Ride: 330i 5 speed
Re: Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

Stock are 10 lbs a piece, I didn't weigh the equal lengths.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

| BB Gen 3 Headers | Cosmos Racing V2 CAI | Muffler Delete | RE Underdrive Pulleys |
| 3.46 Diff | Tein S-Tech | Bilstein Sports | Hawk HPS | ASA AR1 | 35% Tint |
sedanpowersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #249
jdjg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 318
My Ride: e39, m52tub30
Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

using DynoDynamics
e39 530i
5 speed manual
NA
SS headers with NO cats
SS 2.5" single pipe, mandrel
Magnaflow Resonator
Remus muffler
Epic Motorsport Tune
E95 Gas (5% Ethanol + 95% normal 95 octane gas)






Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jdjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #250
xHeiKe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 74
My Ride: '02 BMW 325i Sedan
Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

Sorry, ive been looking at this thread for a couple days now and still cant find a straight answer.

These headers = no CEL?
These headers = HP gain?

I need to replace my cat, im doing headers while im at it. I need to pass emissions (just no CEL). Are these headers for me?

(2002 325i manual)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by xHeiKe; 11-04-2013 at 02:10 PM.
xHeiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #251
jamex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 350
My Ride: 2005 325Ci
These headers WILL cause a CEL unless you do some additional work. The cats on these cars are in the headers and aftermarket headers remove the cats entirely to improve flow and provide additional HP. Some people have had luck with O2 sims to get rid of the CEL, while it seems popular opinion around here is to use the Innovate LC-1 wideband controller to feed the ECU the proper readings. If you have emissions testing that actually hooks up a sniffer to your tailpipe don't bother with any of this, you will not pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeiKe View Post
Sorry, ive been looking at this thread for a couple days now and still cant find a straight answer.

These headers = no CEL?
These headers = HP gain?

I need to replace my cat, im doing headers while im at it. I need to pass emissions (just no CEL). Are these headers for me?

(2002 325i manual)


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #252
jdjg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 318
My Ride: e39, m52tub30
Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

I have headers without cats and Euro tune and NO CEL in my dashboard....


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jdjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #253
xHeiKe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 74
My Ride: '02 BMW 325i Sedan
Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

Jamex! Thanks for the clarification!! I see now. So do you know how good of a chance the sims will work? If they dont, are there other options? I really appreciate the reply. Oh and no, my state doesnt require the sniffer, just plug in the computer, check for codes and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjg View Post
I have headers without cats and Euro tune and NO CEL in my dashboard....


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
What is Euro tune and how do I do it? Does this require me taking my car to a shop? Or do i buy the software and plug it in myself? Also, how long have your headers been in without the CEL?



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
xHeiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #254
jdjg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 318
My Ride: e39, m52tub30
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeiKe View Post
Jamex! Thanks for the clarification!! I see now. So do you know how good of a chance the sims will work? If they dont, are there other options? I really appreciate the reply. Oh and no, my state doesnt require the sniffer, just plug in the computer, check for codes and done.



What is Euro tune and how do I do it? Does this require me taking my car to a shop? Or do i buy the software and plug it in myself? Also, how long have your headers been in without the CEL?



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
you need the WINFKP (search in this forum, to learn how to use it)....
since the first time I install the headers without car in my car, no CEL
jdjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #255
xHeiKe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 74
My Ride: '02 BMW 325i Sedan
Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjg View Post
you need the WINFKP (search in this forum, to learn how to use it)....
since the first time I install the headers without car in my car, no CEL
Thank you!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
xHeiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #256
Llink78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo ny
Posts: 685
My Ride: 2002 330i
I'm running EU2 as well. It turns off post cat o2's. Also your Sap. Which is not needed either.
__________________

234HP/197TQ Just bolt ons :) New Numbers Coming Soon!
Llink78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #257
xHeiKe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 74
My Ride: '02 BMW 325i Sedan
Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llink78 View Post
I'm running EU2 as well. It turns off post cat o2's. Also your Sap. Which is not needed either.
Is eu2 the same as eurotune?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
xHeiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #258
Llink78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo ny
Posts: 685
My Ride: 2002 330i
Eu2 is the software on European Dme's. It can be done yourself with buying $45 worth of software and a cable off eBay and your laptop.
__________________

234HP/197TQ Just bolt ons :) New Numbers Coming Soon!
Llink78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #259
xHeiKe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 74
My Ride: '02 BMW 325i Sedan
Group Buy: BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/30 Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llink78 View Post
Eu2 is the software on European Dme's. It can be done yourself with buying $45 worth of software and a cable off eBay and your laptop.
Cool, thanks! One last question (for now haha) what's the SAP?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
xHeiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #260
Llink78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo ny
Posts: 685
My Ride: 2002 330i
Secondary Air Pump. Pumps air into your headers pre cats to lean them out at startup. Extends the life of them. Since your doing headers, it can me left alone or can be unplugged and yanked out and a block off plate added to the block.
__________________

234HP/197TQ Just bolt ons :) New Numbers Coming Soon!
Llink78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use