E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #21
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Either way, look into square for iphone.. would be a nice way to accept payment in your garage and, if you're doing credit card, you can have people on an autobill where you can charge them even if they don't show (which i imagine will happen a good bit).
yup. GF does this for her clients.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Good luck with it. I think it's a great idea, but as someone said it'll be tough to deal with know-it-all people or ones with an absolute lack of motivation. Take my wife for example, I am trying to steer her into doing something that makes sense, but she almost wants me to lift the weights for her lol... Maybe I should start charging her an hourly rate.

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Good luck with it. I think it's a great idea, but as someone said it'll be tough to deal with know-it-all people or ones with an absolute lack of motivation. Take my wife for example, I am trying to steer her into doing something that makes sense, but she almost wants me to lift the weights for her lol... Maybe I should start charging her an hourly rate.
Charge her in certain favors...

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #24
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
My wife started as a trainer at a local gym for a year. Then she went on her own and is affiliated with another gym.

A gym is a great way to meet clients and to get certs.

Just be aware of the gym's policy on training clients on the outside. Some will allow it.

GL!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
this is strictly a theory...

i would think the main corporate gyms would not allow trainers that aren't under their payroll to operate in their gyms
less corporate gyms would be more lenient, perhaps charging an affiliate fee
Old 05-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post

i would think the main corporate gyms would not allow trainers that aren't under their payroll to operate in their gyms
I think you're right. And some may require a percentage. I know for a fact I saw some people do it before. This little old dude used to run around gold gym like a spaz with some older women. Never saw him touch a weight.

Last edited by DylloS; 05-08-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Quote:

This is correct. We used to cancel the memberships of 3rd party trainers immediately if they were caught training clients in the gym (..after an initial "final warning" of course). No 24HR, L.A. Fitness or Bally's will allow that. Gold's might, and private gyms will allow it as long as there is a contract in place.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-08-2013 at 01:08 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #28
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
This is correct. We used to cancel the memberships of 3rd party trainers immediately if they were caught training clients in the gym (..after an initial "final warning" of course). No 24HR, L.A. Fitness or Bally's will allow that. Gold's might, and private gyms will allow it as long as there is a contract in place.
This is where having my own gym will help me. Equipment purchases are tax write offs right lol?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #29
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
This is where having my own gym will help me. Equipment purchases are tax write offs right lol?
I do canadian tax, but I'm assuming it is similar in the states. If you run your own business, you'd be surprised at what is considered an "expense". You could claim your car insurance, square footage of your garage / total sq ft * mortgage/rent payment, fuel, equipment purchases, even meals.

Edit: essentially whatever income you made you could earn tax free if done right

Last edited by dabears; 05-08-2013 at 01:16 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #30
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
there is a new thing (at least new to me) out there called Wello
it is a personal training session done over the internet with live cam feed
a girl i know from college is doing it and that is the only reason why i know this thing exists
she is a certified trainer and has clients that do personal training through the internet
not sure how effective it is or how big it is .. but it seems to be picking up interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #31
DylloS

Quote:
I do canadian tax, but I'm assuming it is similar in the states. If you run your own business, you'd be surprised at what is considered an "expense". You could claim your car insurance, square footage of your garage / total sq ft * mortgage/rent payment, fuel, equipment purchases, even meals.

Edit: essentially whatever income you made you could earn tax free if done right
I was thinking that.
My car will get me places, my home gym, equipment etc. I just don't know if I can write off car expenses if my primary use isn't getting to clients. It's getting to my primary job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
there is a new thing (at least new to me) out there called Wello
it is a personal training session done over the internet with live cam feed
a girl i know from college is doing it and that is the only reason why i know this thing exists
she is a certified trainer and has clients that do personal training through the internet
not sure how effective it is or how big it is .. but it seems to be picking up interest
thought of that too. Set up a webcam and go for it. But this would have to be strictly insanity type training sessions since they'll probably lack equipment.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #32
jmcdolej

My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
I just dont see how this would actually work as a business. Who pays trainers? Weathly people (trophy wives) and first timers who will quit after 4 weeks most. How in the world are you going to get these people to trust coming to your house. In todays world that will not happen.

You have to separate yourself from the crowd some way. Hit a different niche. 30 year old chubby/fat dudes. But to get them to pay and continue to pay you have to show awesome results. You need a test case. You need to find the most popular guy you know that is out of shape. Get him to allow you to train him for free with a few stipulations. Before after pics, he has to spread by word of mouth hardcore. Then it has a chance. Group sessions, 5 dudes you leading them, like your competition idea

Sorry, just being real with ya.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #33
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
First thing that came to my mind and I'm not sure you have looked into but especially if you have people coming to your house is insurance. Mr Sue happy signs up for personal training, comes to your house, drops a weight on himself, needs surgery and goes sue crazy on you. If you aren't protected it could potentially destroy you for a long time I would think. I don't know if they could sue you but I would definitely look into it and make sure that area was covered.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
///TRNSPRTR

My Ride: 07 Tundra, 02 M3
Personal training on the side. Lots of ideas and feedback needed

Sounds like a good idea, go for it. I want to do something like this, but the military ties me up a lot of times. I've even thought about finding a small place and opening a gym strictly for lifters. No frill type of place, but if I deploy or leave the state then what?

But again I say go for it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Chalkednation.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/chalkednation
///TRNSPRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdolej View Post
I just dont see how this would actually work as a business. Who pays trainers? Weathly people (trophy wives) and first timers who will quit after 4 weeks most. How in the world are you going to get these people to trust coming to your house. In todays world that will not happen.

You have to separate yourself from the crowd some way. Hit a different niche. 30 year old chubby/fat dudes. But to get them to pay and continue to pay you have to show awesome results. You need a test case. You need to find the most popular guy you know that is out of shape. Get him to allow you to train him for free with a few stipulations. Before after pics, he has to spread by word of mouth hardcore. Then it has a chance. Group sessions, 5 dudes you leading them, like your competition idea

You may be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
First thing that came to my mind and I'm not sure you have looked into but especially if you have people coming to your house is insurance. Mr Sue happy signs up for personal training, comes to your house, drops a weight on himself, needs surgery and goes sue crazy on you. If you aren't protected it could potentially destroy you for a long time I would think. I don't know if they could sue you but I would definitely look into it and make sure that area was covered.
def thought of that. Not sure how much something like that costs either.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #36
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
IMO I'm 26 and far from wealthy, If I could travel to Sollys house 3x a week for $20 a time to whoop my ass in shape I'd be happy to pay that over just paying for a gym membership IMO. Little more pricey, yeah but to me $20 is very reasonable. The private trainers I dealt with around here were all close to $65-100 an hour, including the ones that worked through the gym I paid a membership for. If I could pay somebody $20 a time or a flat $200 a month or so to train me 3x a week I would definitely do it. I have **** motivation but I used to work out with a trainer 3x a week and that motivated me, it was just to cost prohibitive when I bought my house, it was costing about $200-250 a week for 3, 1 hour sessions.

Quote:

Last edited by Adam@Euro-Spec; 05-08-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #37
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Quote:

Training is big business IF you have the CLIENTELE. Without the clientele (..and plenty of word of mouth), you'll sink. Hell, even some of the Master Trainer's at my 24HR Fitness have been there 6 or more years, making about 50k a year. Sure, it's not great money, but it's not bad money either.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #38
jmcdolej

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Training is big business IF you have the CLIENTELE. Without the clientele (..and plenty of word of mouth), you'll sink. Hell, even some of the Master Trainer's at my 24HR Fitness have been there 6 or more years, making about 50k a year. Sure, it's not great money, but it's not bad money either.
Well obviously a market exists. The guys at 24hr fitness have there clientele walking in on a daily basis. It is like my law office being set up in the county jail. Not some garage, where I am gonna get raped.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
dabears

are you incensing that solly plans to lure clients to his garage to rape them?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
jmcdolej

Quote:
are you incensing that solly plans to lure clients to his garage to rape them?
If by rape you mean that upon their arrival they will no longer be free to provide mental consent based upon the undeniable physical attraction. Then yes.