E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #81
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
This is so weird

A girls status that I know.

"I need a cheap personal trainer"

I got super excited and reached out to her. She's a close friend that's getting married next year but whats to get in shape now. She is very very attractive and just needs to lose a little fat. I think i can get her in good shape. Ideally I'd want a larger girl but this might be good. We're meeting tonight to talk about some stuff and do some runs on the bridge.

Last edited by DylloS; 07-24-2013 at 01:00 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #82
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange
 
MpoweredM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 13,302
My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Personal training on the side. Lots of ideas and feedback needed

In for pics!!




And let us know how it goes!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3


Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #83
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Good luck buddy! I'm just getting back into my nutrition regiment and forgot how much of a b!tch it was to lay out meal plans and such. Calorie counts, carb/protein/fat percentages, ugh. If I didn't have experience doing this before there would be no way I could do it myself. People just getting into getting in shape DEFINITELY need help with meal plans and workout routines. Start small work your way up!

I know when I had facebook I would always check out your daily workout routines and stuff. Pretty good info in there.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #84
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
Good luck buddy! I'm just getting back into my nutrition regiment and forgot how much of a b!tch it was to lay out meal plans and such. Calorie counts, carb/protein/fat percentages, ugh. If I didn't have experience doing this before there would be no way I could do it myself. People just getting into getting in shape DEFINITELY need help with meal plans and workout routines. Start small work your way up!

I know when I had facebook I would always check out your daily workout routines and stuff. Pretty good info in there.
been a while man. Thanks for the good words.

My plan as of now is to get certified, have a few guinea pigs to get a little experience, logo design, start a fb page, , throw it on the cube along with what I am and what I do (the looks of this car may help gain attention) and go from there. Get some tshirts made, business cards etc. I do plan on traveling to people if they want and can advertise that. I don't know if I should be "The Traveling Trainer" or just use my name. I think the name is catching and memorable so I may go that route. Especially in my smallish town. I know a lot of people here and this could be a good thing.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #85
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,078
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
I will be your e-guinea pig

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #86
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
I will be your e-guinea pig

[bimmerapp]
any help let me know man


I just ordered the program. I got an email today for a $100 discount and can do a payment plan so I went for it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #87
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
been a while man. Thanks for the good words.

My plan as of now is to get certified, have a few guinea pigs to get a little experience, logo design, start a fb page, , throw it on the cube along with what I am and what I do (the looks of this car may help gain attention) and go from there. Get some tshirts made, business cards etc. I do plan on traveling to people if they want and can advertise that. I don't know if I should be "The Traveling Trainer" or just use my name. I think the name is catching and memorable so I may go that route. Especially in my smallish town. I know a lot of people here and this could be a good thing.
From a business perspective as a semi-recent (4 years old) small business startup owner I can tell you the following:

- Get A LOT of business cards to start. Give them to everyone you know, give them 2. Put them on cars in parking lots around supplement stores (stay away from gyms, thats a good way to get a bad name) Vistaprint.com will take care of this.
- Run ads in local papers, this is cheap cheap
- Setup an account on constantcontact.com and get an email campaign setup. Low numbers of contacts, sub 500 is very cheap. Do one once a month to all your contacts and throw in some coupons and such. Offer referral discounts as well.
- Setup a website ASAP. This is how most people research these days.

I would wait on the car decals, that's an expense that may/may not payoff, but it all depends on the business type.

Gimme a shout if you want any help with it. It can be a rough going when you start, but if you stick with it, it is much more rewarding than working for other people.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #88
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
From a business perspective as a semi-recent (4 years old) small business startup owner I can tell you the following:

- Get A LOT of business cards to start. Give them to everyone you know, give them 2. Put them on cars in parking lots around supplement stores (stay away from gyms, thats a good way to get a bad name) Vistaprint.com will take care of this.
- Run ads in local papers, this is cheap cheap
- Setup an account on constantcontact.com and get an email campaign setup. Low numbers of contacts, sub 500 is very cheap. Do one once a month to all your contacts and throw in some coupons and such. Offer referral discounts as well.
- Setup a website ASAP. This is how most people research these days.

I would wait on the car decals, that's an expense that may/may not payoff, but it all depends on the business type.

Gimme a shout if you want any help with it. It can be a rough going when you start, but if you stick with it, it is much more rewarding than working for other people.
Thanks man. Ill keep you posted. Not sure if I have your number anymore. Message it if you get a chance.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #89
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,078
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
any help let me know man


I just ordered the program. I got an email today for a $100 discount and can do a payment plan so I went for it.
I need some fine tuning with the workout schedule plus I should start being stricter with diet so I don't bulk too dirty

I'm still following 5x5 but I feel like I could do a lot more
I'm basically not doing any isolation workouts

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #90
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
I need some fine tuning with the workout schedule plus I should start being stricter with diet so I don't bulk too dirty

I'm still following 5x5 but I feel like I could do a lot more
I'm basically not doing any isolation workouts

[bimmerapp]
I wouldn't worry about isolation right now, personally I think you should focus on eating lots of clean food and getting your compounds up there. a little extra doesn't hurt but 5x5 is a great program too. just stick with it for a couple months at least
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #91
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,078
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Should I be like exhausted and tapped out after doing the 3 exercises? I mean, I get drenched in sweat on the squat/shoulder/deadlift day but i still have juice left in the tank
So I always add at least some lat pulldown and/or pullups and situps

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 07-24-2013 at 06:38 PM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #92
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Should I be like exhausted and tapped out after doing the 3 exercises? I mean, I get drenched in sweat on the squat/shoulder/deadlift day but i still have juice left in the tank
So I always add at least some lat pulldown and/or pullups and situps

[bimmerapp]
I think so. I had success with some of the Starting strength type workouts but I never felt like my muscles got worked enough.

I'd at least add some chin ups pull ups dips and lunges or something.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #93
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Posted this status

As many of you know I'm really into this whole fitness thing so I decided to order the materials to get certified to train. With that said, I will need a few people to train for FREE for about 12 weeks while completely the course. I won't charge anything as I am not certified yet and don't feel right doing so. If anyone is interested please message me. The only requirements are that you feel you can improve your body, you can give me 3-4 hours a week, and not lie to me about what you eat. We can train at my home gym, your house or a local gym if necessary. Please pass the message along if you may know of anyone. Thanks

I'm 10 minutes I have about 6 people interested. I should have charged lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #94
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
If you we're charging you probably would have had a lot less.

Looks like you are off to a good start though, good luck.
__________________
2006 TRD Sport 4x4, Wheels - 17x8 Pro Comp Series 52 Rock Crawlers
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #95
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
If you we're charging you probably would have had a lot less.

Looks like you are off to a good start though, good luck.
Yea for sure. I'm up to about 12 people right now. I don't have time for this haha
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #96
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Personal training on the side. Lots of ideas and feedback needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
If you we're charging you probably would have had a lot less.

Looks like you are off to a good start though, good luck.
It's one thing to give advice to people, but when you start charging money, that's where the line should be drawn unless you have certifications. Sorry, JMO.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #97
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
It's one thing to give advice to people, but when you start charging money, that's where the line should be drawn unless you have certifications. Sorry, JMO.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
That's why I felt funny charging anything
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #98
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,078
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Setup a juice bar at the home gym and sell protein shakes and "fatburner shakes"
Profit


[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #99
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Setup a juice bar at the home gym and sell protein shakes and "fatburner shakes"
Profit


[bimmerapp]
ehh too much trouble.

I have about 25 people that want to do this. There aren't nearly enough hours in the day so I will have to pick just a few.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #100
bostonsc4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 516
My Ride: BMW 323i
You have enough people to dedicate 40 hours a week to training people haha, imagine that at 20$ an hour or so, you could get back in a BMW.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use