E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > UK

UK
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Find other members from your area in the E46Fanatics Garage HERE

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #21
Hektik

My Ride: BMW 318ci
Shaun!! guess what, looked on Gumtree today and some guy in Notts is selling the red/clear rear lights with the bootlid(reverse lights) full set 40!!! All being well I'm havin them off him tomorrow think thats a steal! not seen the full set that cheap they look in mint cond too. Then it will just be the crystal clear sides (20 new) and fronts (black inside clear lens) (40 new) all silver bulbs and I'm lookin good.

Will post pics when done, but will have to be them rears first and sides / fronts end of the month when paid. Just had to tell ya!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #22
Shaun1970

My Ride: 318i SE 2000
Send a message via MSN to Shaun1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektik View Post
thanks for showing your face so Shaun and I dont feel so lonely on the UK forum!!
Ian

Quote:
some guy in Notts is selling the red/clear rear lights with the bootlid(reverse lights) full set 40!!
Awesome mate, that is a good price for the 4 so by tomorrow night fitted then yeah?

Quote:
Then it will just be the crystal clear sides (20 new) and fronts (black inside clear lens) (40 new) all silver bulbs and I'm lookin good.
Check out this site Ian, I am sure the black crystal ones are 23, I looked yesterday! and they do the side indicators too all total is 33.

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/bmw-3-...-98-05/?page=2

Last edited by Shaun1970; 05-16-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Shaun1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #23
Shaun1970

Quote:
I know what you mean on the wheels, I'm trying to get some 2nd hand if poss but cant seem to find many BMW breakers around Notts. I like the look for the m6 wheels.
Try here mate http://partsgateway.co.uk
Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
Hektik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun1970 View Post
Ian

Awesome mate, that is a good price for the 4 so by tomorrow night fitted then yeah?

Check out this site Ian, I am sure the black crystal ones are 23, I looked yesterday! and they do the side indicators too all total is 33.

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/bmw-3-...-98-05/?page=2
Yeh all being well fitted tomorrow night and will take pics, then just anther week or so...

And whoaahhh!! thanks for the links even better!!

yep so next Fri will be ordering these:

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/bm61l9...lack-pair.html

but the side repeaters:

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/bm61l9...tors-pair.html

not so sure I deffo seen some slightly clearer ones called crystal clear for 20 think on BMStyling site, cost more but owrth it as theyre fully clear whereas these look whiteish.

I'm on this thing now!!!!!

Cheers for the links again and all your responses mate!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
Shaun1970

Quote:
not so sure I deffo seen some slightly clearer ones called crystal clear for 20 think on BMStyling site, cost more but owrth it as theyre fully clear whereas these look whiteish.

I'm on this thing now!!!!!

Cheers for the links again and all your responses mate!
Yes I found them a little whitish was just talking to my mech friend as he was here wanting his sons laptop fixed, he said to me go for smoked sides lol but I am ordering the same front indicators obv for 4 door! not sure on sides yet, but if I replace front for now back may look odd until I can replace - Mech answer - well they don't look at front and back at same time lol. My baby in for hand brake shoes and offside arm next week ready for its MOT so more geeez

Last edited by Shaun1970; 05-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #26
Hektik

I hear ya mate its annoying but gotta do the serious stuff before the tarting up, surely makes sense ay, hopefully its no more than that what youve listed tho mate, should hope it will fly through for ya....

And yeh its a toughy, mine willl look weird with the clear/red at back tomorrow then side and front ambers till next week or so but sod it, I'll just see it as being 33.3% less amber!!! lol surely better yes!!

Deffo the black fronts as listed, then the sides ide say go crystal clear yourself I'll post a link asap when get home its in my favourites, if you go smoked then youd need the smoked rears to match then with yours being darker shade of blue will look too dark in my opinion?? but each to their own of course, so long as the ambers go we happy right!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #27
Shaun1970

Quote:
I hear ya mate its annoying but gotta do the serious stuff before the tarting up, surely makes sense ay, hopefully its no more than that what youve listed tho mate, should hope it will fly through for ya....

And yeh its a toughy, mine willl look weird with the clear/red at back tomorrow then side and front ambers till next week or so but sod it, I'll just see it as being 33.3% less amber!!! lol surely better yes!!

Deffo the black fronts as listed, then the sides ide say go crystal clear yourself I'll post a link asap when get home its in my favourites, if you go smoked then youd need the smoked rears to match then with yours being darker shade of blue will look too dark in my opinion?? but each to their own of course, so long as the ambers go we happy right!!!
Aye she should pass, Arm was on a warning last year, and I forgot, so in for next week, the hand brake well its been since I have had it, if I park on drive I need blocks or it will be gone! Hilly county I live in lol, last year disks and pads where changed which helped for MOT but shoes are now required as its again!

I agree I don't like the smoked, I looked at him and said "WHAT" he laughed think he was having a moronic moment! But please send link what you found ill take a look! The ambers would be ok if not on a BMW lol eBay them some one who keeps car as stock will buy!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
Hektik

well good luck with that stuff mate, can't believe you havent done that handbrake right away tho man! that would give me nightmares! some kids for a 'laugh' movin the blocks and ur beamer rollin down a hill lol! hope your mechanic mate is kind to you on prices n that. n yeh deffo ebaying them after evry little helps. heres that link btw, they deffo look clearer than those whitish ones u posted, n thats why want the clear/black front indicators as they match the headlights too I kno i gonna be happy doin it like that...

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.ph...side-repeaters

All being well totted it up n 86 to replace all lights for what i want, reckon thats not bad at all mate. just gotta go get em now tho!! lol
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #29
Shaun1970

120 he's quoted for handbrake shoes n new linkages and the suspension arm fitted! So good price mate i think! Thanks for link i had that in favourites so must have looked at some point.

Ha ha i know what you mean but i used to roll the car on to the blocks so no one would shift them once under ***55357;***56842;

That's good price for all lights to be changed ill do some hunting for rears in a few weeks for now gonna change fronts asap. Look forward to see pics mate!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #30
Hektik

That sounds like a good price to me Shuan, he's doin alot for you n it'l be mint after ay so money well spent.

Yeh look forward to yours too, wana do a cleaning mish this weekend inside n out n engine bay (again!) polish wax the lot but bloody hell hope this rain clears up for me!!!

I'll check back here soon with the pics
Old 05-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #31
jiminblack1464

My Ride: E46 318 se
Hi Gents
Thanks for the kind welcome Iam currently located in Newcastle up in the North East. Not sure whats happening with photos been trying to upload but not happening will keep trying or throw my laptop out the window LOL

As for choosing wheels looked at MVs but everybody seems to have them so was thinking of something a bit different but just cant decide.
As for Engine flush used wynns got it from motorworld took out old oil filled with flush ran car round the block few times let get nice and warm drained out. New oil as recommended by BMW castrol magnatec. not the cheapest but done the trick. Will be starting a few more mods over the coming weeks LEDs in door handles will be chronicling install so will upload pics once sorted thats if I can get them to upload, Angels are done look the business, illuminated gear knob done very easy project if you can solder and have a bit of patience. Got the top for the gear knob here http://www.schmiedmann.com/3_series/.../page5.htm#891 9.45 Postage 17.00 as from denmark but cheaper than 70 + and looks great got a few gear knobs from breakers to practice on as you need to bore out from the top. Also looking for lip forfront bumper was thinking of putting M sport bumpers on but have seen a front lip and looks cool. And maybe tinting rear windows.
jiminblack1464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #32
jiminblack1464

pics

[IMG][/IMG] got some pics uploaded more to follow
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #33
Shaun1970

Your car is keeping you busy Jim How long did your Angels take you? and are they the LED or CCFL ones mate? Mine took forever, 4 & Half hours, but enjoyed the stress Castrol Mag is the better oil I agree I used to use that in a V6 Mondeo I had, expensive but good oil and worth the money.

Tip for images mate, if you click advanced mode there is options as you scroll down to "Attach Images" or alternate option sign for photobucket 2GB free account that provides 4 links to each image, you choose one post it here and done. Your image there would have worked ok if that face wasn't before the [/IMG] tag
Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #34
Shaun1970

Quote:
wana do a cleaning mish this weekend inside n out n engine bay (again!) polish wax the lot but bloody hell hope this rain clears up for me!!!

I'll check back here soon with the pics
While your cleaning I'll be on the beer A friends wedding tomorrow Oh and its supposed to rain mate, Sunday nice tho!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #35
Hektik

Shuan lucky you! I got a christening to go to sunday thats why wanted it all fresh and ready for then (by doing it Sat)....not looking hopeful tho, oh well can at least do the inside, them leathers are lookin dirty now.

Jim - cheers for the info mate, sounds like what I'll be doing and I agree its worth the extra s to have the best and recommended oil, will get on with that asap. Youve def been busy, keep it up mate and get some pics up, as Shan says do 'Go Advanced' when responding and best way i find is to upload pics ot the laptop then look for the paperclip icon to attach up to 5-6 pics.

Look forward to seeing these lovely lights youve been working on
Old 05-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
Shaun1970

Quote:
Shuan lucky you! I got a christening to go to sunday thats why wanted it all fresh and ready for then (by doing it Sat)....not looking hopeful tho, oh well can at least do the inside, them leathers are lookin dirty now.
You should be fine if overcast mate, best time to clean and polish a car Have you got some leather interior cleaner? That should bring it up nice!

What products do you use for cleaning? I have tried a few but what got my car clean and shining is Autoglym, best stuff I have come across as you can see from pic I posted in "New Members" I used the Autoglym Shampoo & Conditioner, then colour fast TCut, another wash and then Autoglym Super Resin Polish, and would have then used the Autoglym Gloss but sadly we have had rain since I polished it! When we get some reasonable days I will start again, well wash and quick polish to apply the gloss!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #37
Shaun1970

Quote:
located in Newcastle
Jim jump in to the "UK MEETS" post too if you want mate, we are trying to assemble a few peeps!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #38
jiminblack1464

Evening Gents
Pics sorted cheers for the info. Shaun Angles are CCFLs took about 90 minutes. used a couple of sidelight bulb holders cut plastic back to access bulb contacts and soldered inverter wires on them make them plug and play uploaded a couple of pics will get a pic of how angels are connected for you to have a look at. Also thinking of putting some face lift rearlights on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0136.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	506054   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	506055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	506056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	506057  

Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #39
jiminblack1464

See you both looking to install some lenses The lenses on mine were fitted when i bought it. Have thought about changing them to smoked seen one with some fitted looked rather fetching
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	506060  
Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #40
Shaun1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminblack1464 View Post
Evening Gents
Pics sorted cheers for the info. Shaun Angles are CCFLs took about 90 minutes. used a couple of sidelight bulb holders cut plastic back to access bulb contacts and soldered inverter wires on them make them plug and play uploaded a couple of pics will get a pic of how angels are connected for you to have a look at. Also thinking of putting some face lift rearlights on
Pics look nice mate, I done my Angels but have LED ones, pic attached mate Took me forever though trying to get cables through would have been easier to prob drop bumper and remove whole headlight, but if I need to fit again (which prob will be on Hektik's at some point) ill use a wire coat hanger for easy access. The LED ones don't come with all the inverters either, if it was not for trying to get the damn cable in the job would have been quicker, plus I am new to pulling cars apart so pretty much my first DIY! I'm a DIYer in progress

I do like the Angels, Speedometer and your gear knob, a good job mate on all the mods!

Yeah Hektik and I are both swapping the crappy ambers out but going crystal black, smoked will look nice on yours being black, mine is a dark blue and dependant on light it looks really dark or actually light, sounds odd I know but you can see from these pics im posting what I mean

Last edited by Shaun1970; 06-29-2013 at 11:21 AM.