E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #21
choxor

My Ride: JDM
OP, what exactly are you getting for $3k aside from your beloved "gaskets"?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
Turbo323ci

My Ride: 323ci turbo
Update car was running to Rich for me back to shop
Old 06-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
Bart Taylor

My Ride: 2000 323i touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i know in your head that sounded like a nice comeback/argument but you just sound like a fool.
Bart Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #24
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo323ci View Post
So I traded for a lemon
Bummer - live and learn
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #25
DarkSyde330ci

My Ride: COUPE
You can't just flash tune a dme its either standalone or nothing basically. And u have to put one direction check valves on a lot of vacuum lines for boost and personally u don't sound like u know anything about cars or it wouldn't be at the shop...
Old 06-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #26
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI
Bought a lemon turbo 323 ci how much boost

This is downright comical. Why on earth would you even buy this hacked up car? You would've been much better off getting a nice unmolested e46 and then hacked it up yourself. At least then you would've known what you have. Sorry about your situation but sometimes you need to learn lessons the hard way. Hope you end up getting it worked out.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
Turbo323ci

Yea it's definently getting close to the f it stage. Got the car for pretty much nothing thought it'd b a easy fix. Not the case I don't know much about turbo cars. It's suppose to b back out the shop by wendsday. The computer they ordered with the tune is just dumping to much fuel they are fixing it for free since I already paid out the a$$. It runs like a bat out of hell though just running rich so it almost done just another hick up. When I get it back this week ill upload some video.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #28
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
You take any pictures of the engine with the turbo?
Old 06-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI

Well OP hopefully you can get it sorted. Sounds like the shop bit off more than it could chew on.

zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #30
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
Quote:
Yea it's definently getting close to the f it stage. Got the car for pretty much nothing thought it'd b a easy fix. Not the case I don't know much about turbo cars. It's suppose to b back out the shop by wendsday. The computer they ordered with the tune is just dumping to much fuel they are fixing it for free since I already paid out the a$$. It runs like a bat out of hell though just running rich so it almost done just another hick up. When I get it back this week ill upload some video.
Kind of a funny thread.

It would be easier to help/point out things if you would have posted up some Dyno's. IF, and this is a big IF, everything is running right with the exception of running way rich as in AFR numbers; well I might have a fix for you.

Try manually turning down your fuel pressure, either at your current fuel filter (if it has a built in FPR) via its internal regulator or buy and install a fuel pressure regulator and dial it down while its being dynoed.

It probably won't be this easy, but in theory if your current AFR numbers are a nice flat line at WOT but simply to rich, removing some fuel pressure might work.

BIMMERS FOR EVER !
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #31
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this would be a fun, albeit challenging project?
The reason Honda's are so fun to boost is that they don't make a mass production "race car" version of Civic, like they do the M3. The Honda motors are actually beefier than the low end BMWs and can stay together at double or triple the original hp.

It's just difficult to get excited about overloading a 323 or 325 when, for less money, you can get the same car in an M3 version.

Quote:
I'm curious to see what the outcome is...
Me too. Despite what I said above.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #32
DarkSyde330ci

My Ride: COUPE
Just so u know, there is no turbo computer that they can order for your car. Take pics of your motor ASAP so we can point out the FMU they used.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #33
Turbo323ci

Talked to them yesterday when I stoped by to check on progress and seen it was running rich. So I left it there and told them it needs to b a hundred percent before I take it home. They offered me to take it home for the weekend and bring it back. Better safe then sorry. That's their game plan to put a fuel pressure regulator on it. Now to answer a previous question the money went to new computer, rebuilding turbo, replacing valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, fixing oil return line, fixing idler pulley it was squeeky, getting the tri pod gauges functioning, oil change, fuel pump, a new tial bov, new spark plugs, the cylinder compression wasn't the best so they replaced the rings around the pistons forgot the name or something like that, and a turbo timer. There's also some other odds and ends they fixed. To the other question ill take pictures of the whole thing and video. I really want to trade it for a m3 now lol. As for the dyno company that the computer came from sent a sheet saying it will make about 285hp. Don't know torque numbers yet but will. The only thing the 323ci has over the other three series is weight btw.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #34
Turbo323ci

Since everyone wants the name of the computer company like I am lying. I will have it Monday if not sooner.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #35
Turbo323ci

Also the cars getting done at eurohause motorsports in knoxville tn if anyone wants to check them out. They are the go to for all European cars and supercars alike BMW Porsche mini Ferrari Lamborghini etc. They have some of their work online if you want to check. O yea might have a name of the computer company to.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
wow. I'm surprised how well OP is taking everyones shittalk without the typical backlash common for new posters. Thumbsup.

Also that sounds like you got a fair amount done for that 3K. Alot more than I expected. Seems like there may be light at the end of the tunnel
Old 06-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #37
Turbo323ci

Says soft tronic on website but ill ask him and see if that's what he used.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #38
Turbo323ci

I dont get mad at others running their mouth I love the car. If everyone else had the money for a toy they'd do it to lol. I can't wait to get it back and upload the videos I take. Everyone will go from your stupid to how much can I get it for lol.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #39
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI

Interested to see where this goes. Good luck brother.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #40
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
Quote:
....... I can't wait to get it back and upload the videos I take. Everyone will go from your stupid to how much can I get it for lol.
What I'd, and I'm sure most others would like to see is a video of it on the dyno making a pull. Also could you please post up All, but especially your final dyno with AFR's. If it's being dynoed on a Dynojet dyno, please ask them to use Correction Factor "SAE", Smoothing 0 to 5, and RPM (not miles per hour).

PS, if your shop Actually gets it "tuned", I figure there's gonna be about 500 guys buying Ebay turbos for there E46 323/325/328/330's.

BIMMERS FOR EVER !
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote