E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > UK

UK
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Find other members from your area in the E46Fanatics Garage HERE

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
Hektik

My Ride: BMW 318ci
Thumbs Up UK Meets??????

Are there any planned? Do we have any main man for UK e46s organising this. Summer coming up would be nice to have a meet compare cars maybe a cheeky beer or two??

Anyone?????

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
Shaun1970

My Ride: 318i SE 2000
Send a message via MSN to Shaun1970
I'm up for a bimble one day, as long as before Sept, have a little one due then!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Matheeuwissen

My Ride: BMW 323CI
In holland is in june bimmerfest. Not Engeland, but not as far away as the US
Matheeuwissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
Hektik

Matt that sounds good but don't think my mrs would be happy! Can imagine that's awesome especially with plenty of bud around I'm sure
Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 AM   #5
Hektik

Shaun is this ur first kid? Know what ur having? Iv got a little girl she's two in Aug. She loves the bimmer to lol. She says 'daddys beamer' 'blue one' 'new one'. Lol bless her its hard work but wouldn't change it for the world. Anyway deffo up for a uk meet this summer but at this rate it be just me and you mate lol. Anyone else? Cmon don't be shy, a lot of views but not many replys!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
Shaun1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektik View Post
Shaun is this ur first kid? Know what ur having? Iv got a little girl she's two in Aug. She loves the bimmer to lol. She says 'daddys beamer' 'blue one' 'new one'. Lol bless her its hard work but wouldn't change it for the world. Anyway deffo up for a uk meet this summer but at this rate it be just me and you mate lol. Anyone else? Cmon don't be shy, a lot of views but not many replys!
No Mate (Ian - right? noticed another post when you joined) this is my Third, have two from prev marriage 18/21, and yeah we found out two weeks ago what we are having, a mischievous little boy lol. Ah bless your lil one they grow so quick too!

When the meet takes place my car will more than likely have sexy amber lights on

Last edited by Shaun1970; 05-14-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Shaun1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Hektik

yeh its Ian n yeh they sure do grow up fast. Sure your little boy will keep you busy so best get crackin on with a few mods before he arrives ay

lol I hope I aint got my ambers by then but as u know its all time and money. Soon as I have the s I'm ordering ma lights deffo
Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Shaun1970

Lol mate yeah, but then do them when he's here I get peace then Done the angels today, my god what a struggle when on own! Here is a couple of pics for now though!

So yours could be changed then on meet, when ever that happens of course, not many jumping in tho!

Last edited by Shaun1970; 07-01-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Shaun1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
Hektik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun1970 View Post
Lol mate yeah, but then do them when he's here I get peace then Done the angels today, my god what a struggle when on own! Here is a couple of pics for now though!

So yours could be changed then on meet, when ever that happens of course, not many jumping in tho!
Looking good Shuan, looks likk you've done a good job there. How long did that take? any DIY? also wondered do they just wire into your dipped headlights then or always on?? (sorry if sound a bit thick just never looked into the angels really deep)

Congrats anyway they look good mate and yeh hopefully my lights will be done soon but just has some weird clatter / tappet noise on cold starts bit worried now check out my post in General forum if you get chance

Speak soon I'm sure! your my best bud on here ya know!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #10
Shaun1970

Quote:
Looking good Shuan, looks likk you've done a good job there. How long did that take? any DIY? also wondered do they just wire into your dipped headlights then or always on?? (sorry if sound a bit thick just never looked into the angels really deep)

Congrats anyway they look good mate and yeh hopefully my lights will be done soon but just has some weird clatter / tappet noise on cold starts bit worried now check out my post in General forum if you get chance

Speak soon I'm sure! your my best bud on here ya know!!!
Hi Ian, they wire to ignition on in the ecu box so perm on when running, my next task is remote switch on when unlocking car to come on They took me 4 & half's hours but was on my own some bits where tricky alone like threading the cable! My friend said i was obv too much of a neat freak as you cant spot the cables in engine bay or in the lights lol i didn't do a diy has have a guide i put together from sources which you can have if you want mate.

I think its the 318's on the tappet / clatter on start mine sounds awful but serviced every 6 months and mec says don't worry, prob worth getting it checked for peace of mind tho! Ill pop on gen forum when home just at my mechanics now he was to see my handy work ha ha speak to you later mate
Old 05-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
Hektik

Well done Shaun sure it wasnt easy but it does look like youve done it propper. That would be awesome to unlock the car and them lights come on too. Tell you what sod the DIY I'll just come see you when I have them ready to install made a rod for your own back there mate!! hehee

Thanks for your reassurance on the tappets / clatter, sure it is okay as I had a mazda v6 once and that did it every time (not cold start literally every start for 5-10secs) but ran fine and true. Still not a nice noise to hear tho, think I'll go with the oil change and filter (although done at 72k and only on 74k) I dont know who did it, what oil and what filter so would be next on the list.

Yeh cheers and speak soon.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
Shaun1970

Quote:
Well done Shaun sure it wasnt easy but it does look like youve done it propper. That would be awesome to unlock the car and them lights come on too. Tell you what sod the DIY I'll just come see you when I have them ready to install made a rod for your own back there mate!! hehee
Ha ha it seems I did, but willing to help mate when and if you decide to have them fitted, with two of us and me now knowing how to fit it should be quick and easy only 3 hours but that includes brews too!

Quote:
Thanks for your reassurance on the tappets / clatter, sure it is okay as I had a mazda v6 once and that did it every time (not cold start literally every start for 5-10secs) but ran fine and true. Still not a nice noise to hear tho, think I'll go with the oil change and filter (although done at 72k and only on 74k) I dont know who did it, what oil and what filter so would be next on the list.

Yeh cheers and speak soon.
That one under gen does seem rather rough, if like that I would get it checked, as I said on gen mines rough on start but 30/40 seconds she's fine and its only when cold, warm days nothing.

I use 5/40 Fully Synthetic and mechanic uses compatible filter not stock.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
Hektik

3 hours + brews sounds good matey!! Yeh we'll see about that it would be a fun day I'm sure!

Thanks again for the info on yours as its good to compare these things find out whats normal and whats fooked. Dunno if mentioned but this is my first Beamer btw.

Cheers
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
Shaun1970

Quote:
3 hours + brews sounds good matey!! Yeh we'll see about that it would be a fun day I'm sure!

Thanks again for the info on yours as its good to compare these things find out whats normal and whats fooked. Dunno if mentioned but this is my first Beamer btw.

Cheers
Would be a good day mate lol it should be easy second time round though tbh and with 2 of us!

Your welcome if I can help I will if I stuck ill ask my mate the mech lol he's been mech now for 20 yrs so he knows he stuff!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #15
Hektik

Youre lucky to have a mechanic as a mate, my mechanic is just my mechanic that I have made my mate!! lol always good to have someone you can trust and not be a total dipstick on cars otherwise you just get raped by garages if they think they can get away with it, so many cowboys out there.

Shaun, lets give it a month or two and will def arrange a visit try some of your yorkshire tea and have a car love day, sounds good eh!!

Cheers again my good E46 bud!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
Shaun1970

Quote:
Shaun, lets give it a month or two and will def arrange a visit try some of your yorkshire tea and have a car love day, sounds good eh!!

Cheers again my good E46 bud!!
Ok mate cool, we use PG tho although I don't drink T, coffee man for the buzz lol.

Not sure if PM's work but ill PM my mobile number mate.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
Hektik

yep got it mate and gave mine cheers bud. Yeh I'm more of a coffee man, just bought the mrs one of them tassimo coffee machines for her birthday (hence skint) costa lattes in the morning...its brill!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #18
Shaun1970

Quote:
yep got it mate and gave mine cheers bud. Yeh I'm more of a coffee man, just bought the mrs one of them tassimo coffee machines for her birthday (hence skint) costa lattes in the morning...its brill!!!
Thanks Ian, got it and added to phone! Proper coffee is the best, I use coffee filter jobby with costa coffee or fresh beans!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #19
Shaun1970

Surely there must be more than two of us lol
Old 05-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
Hektik

mate, I see its been viewed loadsa times!! All you viewers, get on here and say hello, please dont be shy!!!