E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #81
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Re: HTC One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo99 View Post
I picked one of these up about a month ago, had an iPhone5, and an iPhone4 prior to that.

Although Android takes some getting used to (the popup SMS messages is a good example), I far prefer this phone. The performance is amazing. The display quality is stunning, and the speakers are actually usable. Battery life is actually better than I could ever hope for with my iPhone5 too.

Would love to root it, and put the stock Android on it, as I've disabled the Sense interface.
The quality of the stock android ROMS for the One are about to skyrocket when the Google editions start shipping. Devs can tap into builds specifically made for the One rather than having to port AOSP source code themselves.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #82
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/04/b...vulnerability/

"Bluebox reveals Android security hole, may affect 99 percent of devices"

be careful out there
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #83
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
^ just be smart. Don't download shit you don't know.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #84
Caden

My Ride: '01 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
I'm a hardcore Apple user, but this is one of the few Android devices that actually impressed me.

It should be noted that I never found the iPhone speakers to be inadequate though.
Agreed, iPhone 5 speakers are very loud.. good enuf. I still have the HTC One X, haven't traded yet... I like my phone too much. Never had a problem. Switched from a 3gs that went haywire. But I've had plenty of iPhones and overall they are good phones. Wouldn't trade my One X for an iPhone 5 tho.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #85
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
I have the HTC One, upgraded from Iphone 4.

Still prefer my Iphone but I like the news feature of HTC, and also I can do speech to type because the keyboard is very awkward and huge. It's also too big for me I believe. I looked freezing my account and waiting for HTC One mini because that might be smaller but they might not be coming into the states.

Overall, takes great pics, great for listening music (very loud, much more than iphone 4) and service is not too shabby. going from verizon to at&t. for the unlimited plan.

I am starting to like android tho! Maybe I will test the s4 and see if i like it better
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #86
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
Im suppose to be getting mine today....The Sense thing is pointless for me...not into all that social and news stuff. I keep hearing about rooting it but heard some features will be removed from the phone if you do...for one the Beats software wont be available if you root it to Google Edition which kind of defeats the point of the phone. Plus other stuff like the camera features as well. Any recommendations from HTC One owners I should know about?

PS
Also heard battery life is effected if rooted since the original HTC One OS that comes with the phone is optimized to save on battery?

Last edited by Custom3; 07-24-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #87
jeffro3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom3 View Post
Im suppose to be getting mine today....The Sense thing is pointless for me...not into all that social and news stuff. I keep hearing about rooting it but heard some features will be removed from the phone if you do...for one the Beats software wont be available if you root it to Google Edition which kind of defeats the point of the phone. Plus other stuff like the camera features as well. Any recommendations from HTC One owners I should know about?
Google edition has Beats. It just doesn't have the extra camera features. Google's online photo storage has a lot of the same features though like gif creation from multiple pictures, and a really nice auto enhance filter.

I wouldn't buy anything right now though. The moto x is supposed be announced on August 1st, if not today. See how it is first.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #88
Custom3

Had mine for over a week now and I am loving it. Battery is very, very good...but then again it is still new...will see how it holds up a year from now. The Sense 5 page thing isn't as bad as I thought. I imagined it constantly downloading data and updating itself which isn't the case. It only updates when you tell it to so it doesn't drain your battery. Wish you could put custom websites on Sense like Reddit...that would be awesome. Speed is amazing...I downloaded the best graphic looking games and it plays them with no problem. It hasn't frozen on me yet....The sound is really good on the speakers...wish it was just a little louder...headphone jack is another story...it will blow your eardrums if you're using headphones. I am very pleased with my purchase. Also camera in low lighting is very impressive...you'll be amazed how many pics are taken in low lighting. You don't realize until you look at the screen that it looks much brighter then what the human eye sees and this is without flash.

Last edited by Custom3; 07-31-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #89
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
HTC One

C'mon Verizon! Get on it! Dreamliner needs a ONE!

Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #90
L3MONz

My Ride: 2003 325i
Just got my One yesterday and the only annoying part about the phone is how flush the power/volume button sit and how long it takes for the phone to charge .__.

I'm beginning to consider the S4 now.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #91
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
The flush buttons take some getting used to, but after that you won't even notice it anymore.

Last night I installed Armorsuit (clear wrap thing like inivisishield) on the phone, no more cases. It's so sweet as of now. Real grippy but still smooth. Don't even notice it there.

Last edited by So Lowww; 08-01-2013 at 05:24 PM.
So Lowww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #92
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
If you want it to charge faster then just get a faster charger. usually phones seem to charge with 1 amp, but my friends S4 came with a 2 amp charger. O.O her phone charges really fast but it also get very warm. Charging a battery quickly like that can be bad for it over time, so I prefer to stick with slower chargers.

1amp or less by your bed, and then maybe have a 2 amp in your car or at your office for quick charging during the day.

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #93
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
C'mon Verizon! Get on it! Dreamliner needs a ONE!

I got a price for the One from a Verizon rep two days ago. It's coming, just not announced yet.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 08-01-2013 at 05:37 PM.
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #94
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
Apparently the date is Aug 15. I read somewhere that it was actually supposed to come out today but they pushed the date back

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #95
Custom3

This was done in purpose to increase the lifespan of the battery. You can purchase a quicker charger. I charge my phone when I go to sleep at night so I am in no rush for it to charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3MONz View Post
Just got my One yesterday and the only annoying part about the phone is how flush the power/volume button sit and how long it takes for the phone to charge .__.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #96
_.dstrukt.n1ne
libtorrent 0.13.3

My Ride: AC Schnitzer E46
I have both the iPhone 5 and the HTC One and they have their pros and cons.

I installed CyanogenMod 10.1 and the phone performs much better than the stock firmware (not to mention all the bloatware that comes with the phone from the carrier)

My favorite thing to do with my HTC One is this:

Oregon, USA

2000 323i | Brembo | Technik | HRE | Toyo | Meguiar's | AC Schnitzer | Alpine | Alumapro | H&R| Porsche | ASA | MOMO | Rogue Engineering | Rennsport | Hamann | Supersprint

_.dstrukt.n1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #97
jeffro3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.dstrukt.n1ne View Post
I have both the iPhone 5 and the HTC One and they have their pros and cons.

I installed CyanogenMod 10.1 and the phone performs much better than the stock firmware (not to mention all the bloatware that comes with the phone from the carrier)

My favorite thing to do with my HTC One is this:

http://i.imgur.com/uqoLMxT.png

Nice keyboard. I have that same one lol.

+1 on CM. Just updated to 10.2 today. It seems pretty stable so far, which is pretty good considering it's only a few days old. They've definitely got their act together.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #98
_.dstrukt.n1ne
libtorrent 0.13.3

My Ride: AC Schnitzer E46
Haha, thanks! I actually had 10.2 installed, but it really didn't work well with SuperGNES and my PS3 controller so I had to downgrade.

My iPhone 5 is still my main phone, but I'm learning and tweaking the HTC One to fit my needs. I might try another ROM like Android Revolution in the near future.

I miss the IR blaster feature that came with the stock ROM.

Oregon, USA

2000 323i | Brembo | Technik | HRE | Toyo | Meguiar's | AC Schnitzer | Alpine | Alumapro | H&R| Porsche | ASA | MOMO | Rogue Engineering | Rennsport | Hamann | Supersprint

_.dstrukt.n1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #99
atinybug

My Ride: e92 335i
Quote:

The flush buttons were annoying at the beginning, but after I got used to it, I kinda like how it's different now.
atinybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #100
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:

how long does it take to charge? my droid razr maxx hd can charge from 2% to full in just over an hour. have you optimized the battery or do you plug it in every night?

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote