E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #61
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
No. It's Walmart's responsibility to monopolize the local markets and crush any opportunity for a better future for their employees.
It is literally impossible to have any sort of intelligent, reasonable discourse with you.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #62
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
I started my glass business with a $2000 credit card in 1994. My wife and I were making $50K a year at the time - combined.

Can Joe Schmoe get a $2000 credit card with his $7.85 an hour job today?
No. A person with a 7.85 job can get a 50K credit card, and probably 4 others. Debt, f*** yea.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #63
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Re: Walmart Fighting Bill That Would Grant Living Wage to Employees in D.C.

I am shocked by the excuses people will make for themselves and others to avoid personal responsibility and self advancement

Sent from my HTC ONE using BimmerApp mobile app

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #64
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
No. It's Walmart's responsibility to monopolize the local markets and crush any opportunity for a better future for their employees.
Walmart doesn't monopolize anything. The PEOPLE CHOOSE to shop there rather than a mom and pop store because it saves them money. Competition is a biotch. Why are you not raising a stink about Home depot, lowes, target, best buy, etc? Walmart is the largest employer in the nation, so maybe you should appreciate the fact that someone in this country is employing the disabled, the uneducated, and the low skill worker? But no...it's much more fun to b!tch and moan.

Oh and you fail again. Plenty of people work at walmart, make minimum wage, and put food on the table.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #65
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Walmart doesn't monopolize anything. The PEOPLE CHOOSE to shop there rather than a mom and pop store because it saves them money. Competition is a biotch. Why are you not raising a stink about Home depot, lowes, target, best buy, etc? Walmart is the largest employer in the nation, so maybe you should appreciate the fact that someone in this country is employing the disabled, the uneducated, and the low skill worker? But no...it's much more fun to b!tch and moan.

Oh and you fail again. Plenty of people work at walmart, make minimum wage, and put food on the table.
Usually with some form of evil assistance.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #66
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Usually with some form of evil assistance.
You aren't supposed to mention that.

Quote:
Walmart receives between 25 and 40 percent of all food stamp spending. Of course Walmart’s slave wages force all of its employees to depend heavily on $2.66 billion in government help every year.

The company that brought in $448 billion in sales last year, the super concrete-laden seller of brightly colored crap, gobbles up food stamps faster than land. Walmart’s ridiculously low wages and deliberate underemployment keep their workers just rich enough to not be living in a dumpster co-op, but poor enough to be eligible for food stamps.

Seeing as Walmart is the reason why countless Americans go on Food Stamps in the first place, one could say this is a low-cost orgy of irony.

•Walmart’s intentionally low wages force employees to need approximately $420,000 per year, per store, totalling $2.66 BILLION annually in food stamps and other taxpayer assistance…to survive.

•Walmart’s intentionally low wages cost the country HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars in payroll tax deductions for Federal, State, and Local taxes.

•Walmart’s intentionally low wages cost our communities the ability to hire and retain important public service workers like firefighters, police officers, maintenance workers, and teachers.

•Walmart’s intentionally low wages cost our communities with their increased need for those same public services they are underfunding.

•Walmart’s intentionally low wages and lack of covered benefits cost taxpayers over $1.02 BILLION a year in healthcare costs.

•Walmart’s intentionally low wages cost taxpayers as much as $225 MILLION in free and reduced price lunches for school-age children.

•Walmart’s intentionally low wages cost taxpayers over $780 MILLION in tax deductions for low-income families.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/07...en-superstore/

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #67
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Walmart Fighting Bill That Would Grant Living Wage to Employees in D.C.

Quote:
Because D.C. has a massive under filled job market for unskilled workers.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #68
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
You aren't supposed to mention that.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/07...en-superstore/
Yea ok. You would have to be a moron to believe anything in this post. Tell me, how much does Walmart pay as opposed to Home Depot, target, lowes, Kmart, or any other minimum wage paying business in the US? Are you getting your little girl panties wet because someone in this country is abiding by the minimum wage law and paying minimum wage? It's pretty clear that you have never held any important or managing employment position.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #69
badfast

Quote:
Yea ok. You would have to be a moron to believe anything in this post. Tell me, how much does Walmart pay as opposed to Home Depot, target, lowes, Kmart, or any other minimum wage paying business in the US? Are you getting your little girl panties wet because someone in this country is abiding by the minimum wage law and paying minimum wage? It's pretty clear that you have never held any important or managing employment position.

How was his experience made clear?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #70
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
I started my glass business with a $2000 credit card in 1994. My wife and I were making $50K a year at the time - combined.

Can Joe Schmoe get a $2000 credit card with his $7.85 an hour job today?

My wife used to help paroled youth get jobs and Walmart was one of the better employers. Starting rate for the disabled guy who just sits there saying hi to people or the guy who collects shopping carts was $9 an hour - which was much better than the minimum wage offered by other similar stores or mom and pop stores. The benefits were also better than any mom and pop shop she talked to.

The only reason we see so much stuff written about the evils of Walmart is because they are anti-union.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #71
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
My wife used to help paroled youth get jobs and Walmart was one of the better employers. Starting rate for the disabled guy who just sits there saying hi to people or the guy who collects shopping carts was $9 an hour - which was much better than the minimum wage offered by other similar stores or mom and pop stores. The benefits were also better than any mom and pop shop she talked to.

The only reason we see so much stuff written about the evils of Walmart is because they are anti-union.
You act as though Walmart is hiring these individuals out of the goodness of their hearts. Walmart benefits from hiring these employees, probably more so than they pay out. Sorry, if Walmart has some sort of "invisible hand" it apparently suffers from brachydactyly. Don't think because people bash Walmart that Target gets a free pass. Target is just a prettier package.

Last edited by badfast; 05-15-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #72
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
I go to walmart for one reason and one reason only....ammo. I haven't been in a wally for quite some time, but before the hysteria I always got a belly laugh out of all the cars in the parking lot that had union stickers on them and an even heartier laugh at the guys inside pushing their carts with all their UAW gear on.

"Union yes!!"
"Then why are you shopping at walmart? You should patronize a union shop."
"F*CK NO they're all too expensive!"

Old 05-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #73
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
You act as though Walmart is hiring these individuals out of the goodness of their hearts. Walmart benefits from hiring these employees, probably more so than they pay out. Sorry, if Walmart has some sort of "invisible hand" it apparently suffers from brachydactyly. Don't think because people bash Walmart that Target gets a free pass. Target is just a prettier package.
Well, yes. Employees are expenses. If you're not providing more than you cost, you're going to be high on the chopping block when they look to reduce cost.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #74
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Well, yes. Employees are expenses. If you're not providing more than you cost, you're going to be high on the chopping block when they look to reduce cost.

I am blown away by the obviousness.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #75
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:

Thanks for your opinion.

What do those stores have to do with the number of walmart employees who are on welfare?

Oh, I know the answer: Nothing.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #76
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Regardless of how you start out in life, it is up to you to make something of yourself.

ANYONE can get promoted after taking a minimum wage job. Have you ever dealt with a WalMart manager? They are not making minimum wage. Within a few years, anyone can EARN their way into a $30-$40k job at WalMart.

While we are at it...ANYONE can go to college part time too. As a matter of fact, the worse the situation you are in, the EASIER it is to go to college with no money upfront. Grants, loans, etc.

Do your job at minimum wage, be proactive, go to college part time, and you will not be minimum wage long.

This is America people!
Quote:
Sure thing, champ. You live on a rural road in the middle of nowhere with your brokeass mother and five siblings. How are you going to 'make it' if you're never been to school, have no education, no money, no car, and no concept of the outside world?

Pop that bubble. We don't all have the same opportunities (no matter how many times you tell that lie).
I feel sorry for you. It must be really tough going through life being you.

You really think that one can not advance past minimum wage without an advanced education in a store that employees 200+ people and has one of the largest corporations in the world backing it? I was making almost $50k per year when I was in my 20s in retail without a college degree. My parents had nothing to do with my job. I had no "in." No, advancement is not just handed out nor is it given out at random. It is earned and can be by ANYONE who puts forth the effort.

As far as WalMart employees not making enough money... Half of them would not ever find a job if it were not for WalMart. I have never seen so many stupid people that were OVERPAID if they were making minimum wage in one location. I should be quite easy to rise within an organization that employees literally anyone who can dress themselves.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 05-15-2013 at 05:28 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #77
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
I feel sorry for you. It must be tough going through life being you.
i think i feel more sorry for the person/people who try to have a serious conversation with lair at this point than i do for him. he is on here enough for everyone to know who he is and what he does.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #78
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i think i feel more sorry for the person/people who try to have a serious conversation with lair at this point than i do for him. he is on here enough for everyone to know who he is and what he does.
I don't know who he is or what he does. Should I?

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #79
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Thanks for your opinion.

What do those stores have to do with the number of walmart employees who are on welfare?

Oh, I know the answer: Nothing.
Walmart is the largest employer in the nation...it doen't take a rocket scientist to realize that any numbers, good or bad, will be higher for walmart since they employ A LOT more people than anyone else.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #80
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I feel sorry for you. It must be really tough going through life being you.

You really think that one can not advance past minimum wage without an advanced education in a store that employees 200+ people and has one of the largest corporations in the world backing it? I was making almost $50k per year when I was in my 20s in retail without a college degree. My parents had nothing to do with my job. I had no "in." No, advancement is not just handed out nor is it given out at random. It is earned and can be by ANYONE who puts forth the effort.

As far as WalMart employees not making enough money... Half of them would not ever find a job if it were not for WalMart. I have never seen so many stupid people that were OVERPAID if they were making minimum wage in one location. I should be quite easy to rise within an organization that employees literally anyone who can dress themselves.
This is what I don't get. Those who work for walmart can feel free to work elsewhere. There are a few walmarts in my area, and I live in the densest state (population wise) in the US. Their stores are fully staffed. So walmart providing jobs makes them a bad guy now huh? Obama logic.