E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #121
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
No it's not.
Source?
__________________
Quote:
Economists need point no further than the globe's centrally planned, socialist and communist economies which have tried to standardize output on a small number of varieties, and in the process, left consumers highly unsatisfied.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #122
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
People should have higher ambitions in life...and not slack off and complain. Sorry, not every job is comparable and thus cannot be compensated as such. Suck it up and quit your bitchin'.
And who the **** are you to decide what they should do in their personal lives, or to judge how they are living them?
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #123
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Source?
I can't disprove something that doesn't exist. Why don't you prove the opposite.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #124
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
And who the **** are you to decide what they should do in their personal lives, or to judge how they are living them?
And who are you to tell businesses to suck it up and take care of folks lower on the ladder? Or judge how businesses treat associates? Not your business, not your money, therefore your opinion means crapola.
__________________
Quote:
Economists need point no further than the globe's centrally planned, socialist and communist economies which have tried to standardize output on a small number of varieties, and in the process, left consumers highly unsatisfied.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #125
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I can't disprove something that doesn't exist. Why don't you prove the opposite.
There are studies and articles on both sides of the aisle. Hard to prove or disprove until min wage is raised and how businesses react.
__________________
Quote:
Economists need point no further than the globe's centrally planned, socialist and communist economies which have tried to standardize output on a small number of varieties, and in the process, left consumers highly unsatisfied.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #126
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
And who are you to tell businesses to suck it up and take care of folks lower on the ladder? Or judge how businesses treat associates? Not your business, not your money, therefore your opinion means crapola.
It is my money - that pays taxes that these companies DON'T pay, it's my money that pays for public assistance that you hate some much - just because these companies don't want to pay people a livable wage. Now you, me and every other American who pays taxes subsidizes these workers low wages to the cost of low income housing, food and healthcare. This is a step to get them to be less reliant on the government - why would you be against that?
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #127
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
There are studies and articles on both sides of the aisle. Hard to prove or disprove until min wage is raised and how businesses react.
No there isn't.

Last edited by Iceman00; 05-26-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #128
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
It is my money - that pays taxes that these companies DON'T pay, it's my money that pays for public assistance that you hate some much - just because these companies don't want to pay people a livable wage. Now you, me and every other American who pays taxes subsidizes these workers low wages to the cost of low income housing, food and healthcare. This is a step to get them to be less reliant on the government - why would you be against that?
Until I can even begin to credit your statement, the government needs to clean it's act up first. Plenty of room for improvement and better efficiency at distributing and qualifying social services not to mention the other programs tax dollars get wasted on.

Companies pay taxes too fyi...

Point being. People can only help people that are willing to help themselves. No matter what angle you approach it from, there will always be slackers in society and if you try to coddle and support that lifestyle, then nobody wins...neither the government and the taxpayers nor businesses. There's only one solution to this and that is the Chase way...exile!

Edit: And I don't hate public assistance. It's there for a reason and a government should provide those services to a certain extent. I don't like the moochers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
No there isn't.
I searched and saw that there is...do I need to post the articles?
__________________
Quote:
Economists need point no further than the globe's centrally planned, socialist and communist economies which have tried to standardize output on a small number of varieties, and in the process, left consumers highly unsatisfied.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 05-26-2013 at 09:03 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #129
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Until I can even begin to credit your statement, the government needs to clean it's act up first. Plenty of room for improvement and better efficiency at distributing and qualifying social services not to mention the other programs tax dollars get wasted on.
So how do you propose stopping people that take advantage and abuse Govt programs for support?
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #130
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Until I can even begin to credit your statement, the government needs to clean it's act up first. Plenty of room for improvement and better efficiency at distributing and qualifying social services not to mention the other programs tax dollars get wasted on.
This isn't about the government - it's about people who don't make enough drawing reasources from our system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Companies pay taxes too fyi...
Some do - and some don't, and some don't pay enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Point being. People can only help people that are willing to help themselves. No matter what angle you approach it from, there will always be slackers in society and if you try to coddle and support that lifestyle, then nobody wins...neither the government and the taxpayers nor businesses. There's only one solution to this and that is the Chase way...exile!

Edit: And I don't hate public assistance. It's there for a reason and a government should provide those services to a certain extent. I don't like the moochers.



I searched and saw that there is...do I need to post the articles?
You don't have a point - you talk a bunch of **** and none of it has anything to do with what I stated. It's not your decision to decide how someone SHOULD/COULD live their life, or at what position they should be content with. And please, post a peer reviewed article (not a opinion piece with 'facts' thrown in) to support your position. I'll wait.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #131
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Anyone that doesn't know/understand how minimum wage hurts the worker AND hurts the business has clearly never run or owned a business before. That isn't even debatable.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #132
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
So how do you propose stopping people that take advantage and abuse Govt programs for support?
By making companies pay their employees more -and leaving the requirements the same, and this way only the extremely needy are going to qualify for the programs. I mean, you can't ask the big, inefficient and bureaucratic government to take responsibility (oversight) without having to grown the system and absorb more resources ($$$)
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #133
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
So how do you propose stopping people that take advantage and abuse Govt programs for support?
Number one, change the mindset of democrats.

Make Medicaid and some of the other health services recipients reapply on an annual or even biannual basis.

Increase monitoring, auditing, and enforcing of action for abusers.

Maybe have a threshold for total dollar amount paid out. Any amount over that and the recipient will need to pay back the government when they become employed again.

Incentives for social workers to report abusers when they suspect abuse may be taking place.

Terminate social services for people who aren't making a reasonable effort to find employment. I.e. just doing the bare minimum to collect a check.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Could probably think of more if I went and did some research to see what else is out there.

Thoughts?
__________________
Quote:
Economists need point no further than the globe's centrally planned, socialist and communist economies which have tried to standardize output on a small number of varieties, and in the process, left consumers highly unsatisfied.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #134
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Anyone that doesn't know/understand how minimum wage hurts the worker AND hurts the business has clearly never run or owned a business before. That isn't even debatable.
You obviously don't understand facts - so why don't you create some hyperbolic straw man argument to support your opinion. It's much easier than having to actually provide *gasp* proof.

BTW your personal experience is meaningless - no one cares about how your crap restaurant can't pay its workers Federal minimum wage, and instead has the patrons subsidize their pay on top of the cost of the meal - and then tell us how a model that people are tipped on merit (and not under a prerequisite that we are paying their wagers, and it's impolite not to tip) and paid a normal wage isn't sustainable - except in every other developed country in the world.

*I'm expecting you to counter how SOME of these countries are in trouble - because we all know paying workers a decent wages caused ALL these countries woes. You're a ****ing joke.

Last edited by Iceman00; 05-26-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #135
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Number one, change the mindset of democrats.

Make Medicaid and some of the other health services recipients reapply on an annual or even biannual basis.

What would this accomplish, besides bogging the system down and punishing new recipients?

Increase monitoring, auditing, and enforcing of action for abusers.

Increased cost - what data do you have to support that there is an excessive amount of fraud/abuse in the system that can merit the increased cost, and provide a net savings?

Maybe have a threshold for total dollar amount paid out. Any amount over that and the recipient will need to pay back the government when they become employed again.

So how is this limit decided - does it change from state to state, who runs it? Sounds messy.

Incentives for social workers to report abusers when they suspect abuse may be taking place.


Terminate social services for people who aren't making a reasonable effort to find employment. I.e. just doing the bare minimum to collect a check.

And how would you decide that?

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Could probably think of more if I went and did some research to see what else is out there.

Thoughts?
Your ideas suck.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #136
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
This isn't about the government - it's about people who don't make enough drawing reasources from our system.


Some do - and some don't, and some don't pay enough.



You don't have a point - you talk a bunch of **** and none of it has anything to do with what I stated. It's not your decision to decide how someone SHOULD/COULD live their life, or at what position they should be content with. And please, post a peer reviewed article (not a opinion piece with 'facts' thrown in) to support your position. I'll wait.
Neither do you. You're not a business owner, therefore your opinion is moot. Don't like what a company pays and offers you, leave and go elsewhere. I don't know how you can't see this argument can easily be volleyed back.

And you mentioned social services and taxes in your above post. I don't believe I went too far off on a tangent...

Going to search for an article now. Maybe you'll prove me wrong, maybe it'll be the opposite. At any rate, calm your britches honey bunch.
__________________
Quote:
Economists need point no further than the globe's centrally planned, socialist and communist economies which have tried to standardize output on a small number of varieties, and in the process, left consumers highly unsatisfied.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #137
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Neither do you. You're not a business owner, therefore your opinion is moot. Don't like what a company pays and offers you, leave and go elsewhere. I don't know how you can't see this argument can easily be volleyed back.

And you mentioned social services and taxes in your above post. I don't believe I went too far off on a tangent...

Going to search for an article now. Maybe you'll prove me wrong, maybe it'll be the opposite. At any rate, calm your britches honey bunch.
I'm not using an opinion - I'm using fact, so how about you post up those article that you were talking about before big boy - or are you afraid of the MOUNTAIN of evidence I have supporting my postion - the truth.

Last edited by Iceman00; 05-26-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #138
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Your ideas suck.
I thought of that in maybe 2 minutes? I'm sure if I put more effort and thought into it like I pointed out in my post, you'd be choking on the above post.
__________________
Quote:
Economists need point no further than the globe's centrally planned, socialist and communist economies which have tried to standardize output on a small number of varieties, and in the process, left consumers highly unsatisfied.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #139
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,838
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I thought of that in maybe 2 minutes? I'm sure if I put more effort and thought into it like I pointed out in my post, you'd be choking on the above post.
I'd rather you put some thought into it, instead of posting that crap you call ideas that were still-born on arrival. It took me all of 3 seconds to pick apart, and judging by your response, you don't disagree with my assessment.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #140
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Number one, change the mindset of democrats.
you're kidding right? Democrats are responsible for lazy people? Lazy people are just that, lazy. I can point to as many conservative lazy people as I can liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Make Medicaid and some of the other health services recipients reapply on an annual or even biannual basis.

Increase monitoring, auditing, and enforcing of action for abusers.
So that means making government bigger because you'll need personnel to do all that more effectively. I thought you were against big government and your tax dollars paying for such?


Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Maybe have a threshold for total dollar amount paid out. Any amount over that and the recipient will need to pay back the government when they become employed again.


Incentives for social workers to report abusers when they suspect abuse may be taking place.
I can agree to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Terminate social services for people who aren't making a reasonable effort to find employment. I.e. just doing the bare minimum to collect a check.
how do you measure this? Who is going to measure that?

Last edited by MDydinanM; 05-26-2013 at 10:20 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use